Old October 21, 2002, 04:21   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Director of Foreign Affairs Campaign Thread: Term III
This thread has been created to allow for campaigning by and questioning of the candidate(s) for the position of Director of Foreign Affairs.

Candidates:

GeneralTacticus
Old October 21, 2002, 04:28   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Speaking from the DoFA office, New Apolyton
Hello, citizens. I am, once again, running for the position of Director of Foreign Affairs. You heard me talk about my general principles regarding diplomacy last term, so I won’t bother to repeat them here. I will instead use this opportunity to talk about Morgan.

As you know, or should know, or soon will know, a few days ago one of our scout rovers encountered a base belonging to CEO Morgan. We have been able to acquire several techs from him, which have set us on a road to Democracy and will allow us to research Industrial Automation. We have also signed a Treaty of Friendship with him, which has opened commerce between us.

Now, I would like to advocate that we try to stay friendly with him for now. I will lobby strongly with the DoBP and DoEI to have his datalinks infiltrated, to put us in a better position at the bargaining table. I also believe that we should sign a Pact of Brotherhood with him in the near future. The commerce from this, if we combine it with a focus on economic development, with bring in a great deal of wealth for our faction and greatly increase living standards for our citizens.

However, I also believe that we should combine this with a willingness to fight Morgan if it should become necessary. Until, our intelligence agents can penetrate Morgan’s networks, we cannot make any definite decisions on this, but our analysis of Morgan’s ideology indicates that he will not place his army high on the priority list. If we focus our efforts on developing and producing new weapons, we will probably be able to force surrender with a minimum of bloodshed. This will place us one step closer to our goal of reuniting a splintered humanity.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; October 21, 2002 at 04:43.
Old October 22, 2002, 04:50   #3
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

*BUMP*