Old October 21, 2002, 07:54   #1
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 09:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I mod like that
Please comment

1) Every bobmbard units have lethal bombard vs land and sea but ironclad. If I bombard someone I should be able to kill him.

2) I have inserted few new units ( Airtransport,Apache..) and increased a lot modern naval units attack/defense and movement by 1 ( Doubled modern nuclear sub attack/def, raised bombard of stealth bomber to 24,battleship to 24/18

3) Reduced corruption of comunism to nuisance/minimal

4) almost doubled appearance ratio of all strategical resources,I can't tolerate an equilibrate game since only one civ has uranium or coal,and then it wins the game easily,IMHO is too unbalanced. In this way I do not grant everyone resources but at least they are less difficult to find.

What do you think about my freakin' modifications?

Gunter
Old October 21, 2002, 10:13   #2
Der PH
Warlord

Local Time: 10:39
Re: I mod like that
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunter
1) Every bobmbard units have lethal bombard vs land and sea but ironclad. If I bombard someone I should be able to kill him.
Unfair to the AI, because I've never seen it to use artillery on the offense.
I gave only lethal sea bombardment to arty units, because it's the only way for land units to kill ships.

Lethal land bombardment is only available for bombers in my mod to give them an advantage compared to the much cheaper artillery.

Quote:
2) I have inserted few new units ( Airtransport,Apache..) and increased a lot modern naval units attack/defense and movement by 1 ( Doubled modern nuclear sub attack/def, raised bombard of stealth bomber to 24,battleship to 24/18
If you are looking for a LOT of excellent new unit graphics, go to http://www.civfanatics.net/files/civ...=category&id=3

The NucSub has to be improved, Aegis Cruiser, too IMHO (bombard range 3 and strength more than the Battleship to simulate missiles, I still have to see, what the AI does with this)
I increased the movement rate of most ships even more. Unchanged for the galley, +1 for the caravel, +2 for galleon and frigate and so on.

Quote:
3) Reduced corruption of comunism to nuisance/minimal
Makes Communism quite powerful, I guess!
I inserted some more government types (City states, Theocracy, Absolutism, Fascism and Corporate Republic).
Industrial and Modern Age Wormongers (AI and me) prefer my Absolutism (some kind of upgraded monarchy with lesser corruption, more free units per city and a few more little tweaks) to Communism.

Quote:
4) almost doubled appearance ratio of all strategical resources,I can't tolerate an equilibrate game since only one civ has uranium or coal,and then it wins the game easily,IMHO is too unbalanced. In this way I do not grant everyone resources but at least they are less difficult to find.
I personally like to lack a resource. It gives me a reason to go to war and makes the game much more interesting!
Old October 21, 2002, 10:14   #3
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:39
1. din't like it (gamebalance)
2. no comment, seems ok, except the sub. maybe a little to much
3. hmm, not sure,
4. If I mod, i halve the resources(both strategic+luxury) appearance!!! and have them all set to disappear
Old October 21, 2002, 11:24   #4
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 09:39
Anyway they did a great job implemeting a powerful editor,everyone can customize the game at his own,amazing!!!

BTW ------------Unfair to the AI, because I've never seen it to use artillery on the offense---------by DER PH

I usually play at level 3/4 and sometimes I have the strong sensation that the AI cheats a lot,instead of applying more Intelligence it tricks battles and it knows the resource location before they appears.

Having each unit a specific A/D/M I notice battles vary a lot between levels,I mean

At basic level every my unit wins easily,at level 3/4 the same my unit vs the same AI unit wins 35% less than before.
So I find it not fair,so I set every bombarding unit ( SEA/LAND/AIR ) to be lethal,so IMHO it's more balanced.
Moreover AI can use them as well as me.

Gunter
Old October 21, 2002, 11:48   #5
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 04:39
Quote:

Having each unit a specific A/D/M I notice battles vary a lot between levels,I mean

At basic level every my unit wins easily,at level 3/4 the same my unit vs the same AI unit wins 35% less than before.
This is most definitely not true. There are areas where the AI cheats, but combat isn't one of them.