Local Date: November 1, 2010
Director of Base Production: Term III campaign thread
Candidates:
Makahlua
Lucky22

Convince the people
Old October 21, 2002, 11:33   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 09:40
question for both:
ok why do you think you are a better candidate then you oppenent!?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 21, 2002, 11:36   #3
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:40
Will you build probe teams, and foils when we get the tech for it?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old October 21, 2002, 11:41   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

would there be longer buildingqueues then this term because each time quickpolling during turnchats sux...........? ok i have asked enough for now. I want answers!
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 21, 2002, 11:46   #5
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

As director of base production, my first priority will be adequately organized, properly adverised polling for build queues.

I'll prefer and work for a quorum of at least 50% of active demo gamers when polling for decisions.

I will only promote build queue lengths with meaningful event horizons- that is, I consider locking up each new base with up to 60 turns worth of arbitrary and generic build orders to be absurd.
Considering a three part poll on which different numbers (all far below quorum) of voters participated to bind the sixth (!) item on each(!!) new base's build queue to be a secret project(!!!) and to nowhere in those six choices include recycling tanks or children's creches(!!!!) is irresponsible civil service in this citizen's estimation. Three items in queue before specific decisions are made based on the actual necessities of the moment is completely adequate.

22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22
Old October 21, 2002, 11:48   #6
lucky22
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Will you build probe teams, and foils when we get the tech for it?
If the people will it. I will not leave those items off of polls.
Old October 21, 2002, 11:54   #7
lucky22
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
would there be longer buildingqueues then this term because each time quickpolling during turnchats sux...........? ok i have asked enough for now. I want answers!
Based on my initial platform, I'll have to get a feel for the relationship between a typical base's buil queue and the length of a given play session. I strongly assume three items in queue at the start of the session will be fully adequate, with rush builds factored in, of course. That would not be what is in production plus two items, it would be what is in production plus three. If one item is a base facility, there will not be problems.
Old October 21, 2002, 14:50   #8
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 04:40
Allow me to counterpoint here :

"I will only promote build queue lengths with meaningful event horizons- that is, I consider locking up each new base with up to 60 turns worth of arbitrary and generic build orders to be absurd. Considering a three part poll on which different numbers (all far below quorum) of voters participated to bind the sixth (!) item on each(!!) new base's build queue to be a secret project(!!!) and to nowhere in those six choices include recycling tanks or children's creches(!!!!) is irresponsible civil service in this citizen's estimation."

Not absurd, that poll was intended to make a short reference list so the Commisioner would not have to ask everytime a new base was made "Gee, what should I build first?" Recycling tanks -were- also in that poll, (my apologies for the confusing way it was arranged, btw) children's creches were overlooked because at the beginning of my term, the technology was many, many years off - only our luck in running across Morgan Industries has made them a current factor. Sadly I must note voter turnout has been rather lackluster everywhere, so I'm not suprised that I'm practically just polling my fellow directors & other goverment officials. If my opponent has an idea to improve it, I'd very much like to hear it - I thought of offering xenobrew after each poll, but then we might have some rather -odd- decison making, if you get my drift

-Probe teams & foils: Absolutely! They have been off prior polls due to Planetary Netwoks & Doctrine : Flexibility being rather far off technologies. I highly favor checking to see if any Unity pods are afloat and to scan our shores for possible colony sites. And then there's always Morgan to keep an eye on....

-Queues for sessions : Well, speaking from experience 3 items is a little on the low side, especially given how often rush building is used - I personally prefer up to 5, depending on if anything is a long build. I wouldn't count on a base facility being enough to stretch that queue

I'd like to point out we have more than doubled our size during my term, due to an aggressive colony pod program I implemented after consulting with my fellow directors and citizens. We've also built The Weather Paradigm, and look good to complete The Virtual World before the end of my term, with yet another project being prepared in New Suez. Before I'm (possibly) out of here, I do plan to get a crash program going on the children's creches - after all, even with gene therapy to extend -our- lives - a new generation is waiting to be nurtued into tomorrows leaders! Humm, not to mention we need another base name vote...

{OOC: PS to DBTS & everyone - sorry for not having been here the past couple turnchats - selling our house and had to show it Wed & then had a leak in my bedroom ceiling this past Sat RL sUxx0rZ }
Old October 21, 2002, 16:02   #9
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

What importance do you attach to constructing those automatic resource gatherers we are currently prototyping: "supply crawlers"?
Old October 21, 2002, 16:47   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:40
don't those fall under the DIE?
Old October 21, 2002, 16:56   #11
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Assigning them, not building them.
Old October 21, 2002, 16:59   #12
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

ok. my vote goes to whoever builds the most crawlers!
Old October 21, 2002, 17:01   #13
Maniac

Same here!
Old October 21, 2002, 17:09   #14
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

DIE orders, I build - simple as that Quite easy to fit a few crawlers in the queues!
Old October 21, 2002, 18:11   #15
lucky22
Prince

If the people will crawlers- then crawlers it will be.
Old October 21, 2002, 18:15   #16
Method
Emperor

ah, but how many? (your answer better be "lots" or some amount greater than "lots" )
Old October 21, 2002, 18:18   #17
Makahlua
King

Lots and lots and lots

THey're great for rushing SP's too
Old October 21, 2002, 18:24   #18
lucky22
Prince

Term III will have ended before "lots" is an issue, I'd say. More crawlers for talent-heavy bases, if we choose to go that route, otherwise 1-3 per base depending on size, with replacement for rushed SPs or unit prototypes.
Unless the people will otherwise.
Old October 21, 2002, 18:48   #19
Method
Emperor

good answer