Old October 30, 2002, 02:48   #31
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Problem: We captured a city the was not in any of our "Current Provinces"

Lyons was not in any of the Provinces that I set out. Looking at the map, I set up a Greco-Gaul Coast Province that includes "Greeks Last Stand" (the island with Centralia on it). Its borders are the Desert of Joan (Avignon and south), the Mountian range of Ile de Rose to the East and follow that range all the way to the coast to include Pharsalos and the island.

For RA and statisical purposes, combine Siberia and Greco-Gaul until they become large enough to support themselves (most likely after we finish off Joan).
Old November 6, 2002, 12:52   #32
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:42
Hey, Donegeal, could you update this for us, Please?

Could I also get you to organize the polls for the Name changes for Dijon & Rheims? Do we want to change the names for Heliopolis & Memphis? What do we want to name the two new sites (2 & 3) that will soon be built. Don't bother with Avignon, Tours, Besancon & Grenobie, because they will be gone fairly soon.

E_T
Old November 6, 2002, 22:08   #33
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Some changes i'd like to see
Drop the two Cities that are on the Greek Isle:
Centralia (Iroquois)
Thessalonica (Greek)
We don't need them.

I think that we could do without Pharsalos (Greek). Corinth (Greek) could be a coin toss and we can possibly keep Knossos (Greek) in the list.

For other Greeek Cities, we need to have either/or Rhodes & Troy for the Ivory and Eretria for the path to the Ivory. We should also add Herakleia, because we'll have most of the surrounding cities.

We should also add:
Frankfurt (German)
Hamburg (German)
Stuttgart (German)
Berlin (German) - Wonder
Norwich (English)
Nottingham (English) - Wonder
London (English)
York (English)
Warwick (English)
and All Zululand, for the Gems.

I'll be having this stuff in my corruption sheet.

E_T
Old December 13, 2002, 03:44   #34
Donegeal
Emperor

Updated. I didn't add the other cities like ET wanted because with the area soon to be in flux with the pending war, we just don't know what is going to be where or when its going to be there. Besides, newly captured cities are under the command of the SMC until resistance has ended or they are no longer in danger of recapture. Some of the provinces are kinda small right now (like Siberia and the Greco-Gaul Coast). We could combine the two until they can function individualy.
Old December 13, 2002, 04:44   #35
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:42
Thanks for the bump
Old December 13, 2002, 07:31   #36
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:42
Any idea on how the provinces are going to be divided up? Hopefully, like I said before, no one will get a province they don't want....
Old December 13, 2002, 08:50   #37
Donegeal
Emperor

Well, there are 7 people who said they'd be willing to be an RA. There are currently 9 provinces. If we combine Siberia and the Greco-Gaul Coast (call it the Trans-Siberian Coast), that gives us 8 provinces. We assign one to the DM and we are covered. Hell, we can skip the combining altogether and assign one to the prez.

I would like to take up my office in Piña Colada again, as I have already put in a lot of work there.
Old December 13, 2002, 09:02   #38
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Hmm...we need a map dividing up the provinces, like a political map. Actually EXACTLY like a political map.

Aro or GhengisFarb, this one's for you!

Tough choice on which region I would want to govern. One that needs more work, or one that is a good source of industry.....hmm....that's a tough one.

How are we to split up the regions to each governor, ahem, RA I mean?
Old December 13, 2002, 10:04   #39
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
How are we to split up the regions to each governor, ahem, RA I mean?

RPS...
Old December 13, 2002, 13:46   #40
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I never did get the regions to work right under me. Hopefully E_T had some better luck.... but it doesn't look like it.

People were agianst me just assigning something to someone and letting them do it.

The prez hated having to combine CP orders from 3-5 posts, looking for changes, so on and so forth.

When someone didn't post, it fell on me the CP to make up for it. Unfortunately, that was not evident until just before the start of the chats. So if I did look ahead and just make the orders up front when I was already making orders for the areas I was working in, well, what was the point in having RA's......

A couple of times RA's had problems with me overiding what they wanted for what I envisioned occuring with the nation as a whole. GF and the problems with chartres are a prime example of this. GF had great ideas, but expensive ones. We were fighting the persians at the time, and had a limited budget. I overulled what he was attempting to accomplish. When all was said and done, it worked out ok. but for a while.....

The use of Queues solves several of the problems for the short term, but in long term they still are problems that must be addressed.

Time was the biggest factor in making this work. With only 3-4 days between chats of 5 turns +/-, there wasn't enough to make it flow smoothly accounting for RL for having 5+ people from around the world download the save, analize, type up orders, let them be reviewed for completeness, compile them into one document for the prez to use, then post them. Combined with the fact that everybody had different formats and methods to compile them in different organizational ways.......

It is a nightmare. Either there are several RA's, each elected and responsible (as now only the CP er, um DM is responsible) or the DM just does it like it goes on now.

This is the worst job in the game. Trust me. with all the additional responsibilities added from the new-con, and with the membership decline recently experienced, it is tough.

Hopefully spiffor next term will have better luck.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 13, 2002, 13:58   #41
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:42
If we went with the four larger provinces or like I said before states, these could be run by their Governor or assigned as smaller Provences/Counties to RAs and the Governor would be responsible for putting orders into a single format.

This would leave four posts (I can't imaging Spiffor or anyone else doing everything my themself) with the workers assigned to the Governors and used in their respective States.

Of course in case of National Interests queus would change to meet the needs of the Nation.

I personally had planned on making changes every turn, pretty much setting up queus ahead of time and not messing with them unless something unforseen came up.

But we do seem to have several people trying to kill this idea already so we may just have to stick with Spiffor doing everything himself with no help to keep them happy.
Old December 14, 2002, 16:09   #42
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
If we went with the four larger provinces or like I said before states, these could be run by their Governor or assigned as smaller Provences/Counties to RAs and the Governor would be responsible for putting orders into a single format.

This would leave four posts (I can't imaging Spiffor or anyone else doing everything my themself) with the workers assigned to the Governors and used in their respective States.

Of course in case of National Interests queus would change to meet the needs of the Nation.

I personally had planned on making changes every turn, pretty much setting up queus ahead of time and not messing with them unless something unforseen came up.

But we do seem to have several people trying to kill this idea already so we may just have to stick with Spiffor doing everything himself with no help to keep them happy.
hi ,

, it might be intresting to make a queu , the governors need to post this somewhere , ......

what about the creation and training of army and navy units , ...... who shall control that

have a nice day
Old December 14, 2002, 20:15   #43
Meshelic
King

Why don't we split up the regions according to how many people wish to be an RA?

Wait a minute, hold on. Did I read you correctly?

You are suggesting 4 "states" led by a Governor, and then within each "state" there are provinces/counties? The RA's decide on a county level, submit to Governor, then the Governor's send their orders to the Domestic Minister?

Old December 14, 2002, 21:33   #44
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

sounds like quite a bureaucracy developing
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 15, 2002, 01:25   #45
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
sounds like quite a bureaucracy developing
I figure if I can get enough levels approved of nobody will have a clue what I'm doing with the cities until its too late....

Did I say that out loud?
Old December 15, 2002, 01:41   #46
Meshelic
King

Quote:

Did I say that out loud?
Oops!
Old December 15, 2002, 02:04   #47
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
Quote:

I figure if I can get enough levels approved of nobody will have a clue what I'm doing with the cities until its too late....

Did I say that out loud?
Thankfully, we can ask DM Spiffor to keep an especially close eye on you.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:44   #48
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by Kloreep; December 15, 2002 at 02:50.
Old December 15, 2002, 13:28   #49
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

TOGETHER
EVERYONE
ACHIEVES
MORE

have a nice day