Old November 14, 2002, 06:29   #91
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Did you read my mind, that was what I had in mind.........

But let's hope people are reading it
Old November 14, 2002, 06:35   #92
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 06:42
I think we could summarize into these format. Since things are too much like.

*Locutus/HTower - 4 positions- President, Empire/city manage, Diplomacy and defense.

*Pedrunn/Lemmy - 5 positions - President, cities , empire, Diplomacy and defense.

*RunswithDwarfs - 1 position - The president chooses the ministers that he needs.

I think we should have a minister of foreign affairs since the beginning. Who know we find a exploratory personality AI in the beginning of the game. After all there will be 12 civs in a map with little land (land mass 7). I believe things will be a little squeezed.
If that happens i dont want to halt the game to have an election we could have had before.

Lemmy, the difference among us is that i just think the Foreign minister is really too light that i think we would need to add more stuff to him to do it. So i gave him the power over trade (in my oppinion still is too light though). Rmoving the trade from the minister of infrastructure, I gave this minister the power over tabs to balance thing some more.
Science is such a lightweight function (it will probably just to decide who will post the poll about it) that i dont care who will have it.
-Jean Rostand
Old November 14, 2002, 07:06   #93
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:42
Then we could also make the Foreign Minister the Minister of Trade, Science and Diplomacy, like in Locutus' proposal.

The big difference would be that we have the domestic affairs minister split between 2 positions.

This could become an easy poll then, two ministers for city management and infrastructure, or let one minister handle them.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old November 14, 2002, 07:29   #94
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

I think that if there were sufficient people willing to run for government, 5 Ministers (including President) would work best (following Lemmy's proposal of earlier today but giving all foreign affairs (Diplomacy, Trade, Unconvential Warfare) to the Foreign Minister), but as it is, it is be very optimistic to assume that will be the case. So I think we should go with Lemmy's proposal: give Diplomacy to the President, UW to the Minister of Defence and Trade to the Infrastructure minister and go with 4 ministers. If later in the game this turns out to be too much workload for any of the Ministers, all it takes to change things is a 2/3 majority vote in an amendment poll. Also, I think that under all circumstances all ministers should be allowed to appoint deputies to take over part of their tasks.
Old November 14, 2002, 08:07   #95
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Looks like, we can agree on something (at least by now )

And for the delegates I think I'll open another thread, if nobody beats me......
Old November 14, 2002, 13:16   #96
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:42
delegates? do you mean who's running for office?

I have to admit that I know very little about CtP2, so I'm not very confident in the way that I divided up the jobs, I basically stole most of locutu's ideas. And to tell you the truth, I've been wondering if the Science/Trade/Foriegn Minister has too much work, that's 3 positions in the civ2 democracy game.
Old November 15, 2002, 03:22   #97
Gilgamensch
King

The idea of delegates were coming up in between, just a person which will replace a 'officer', but still the 'officer' will be fully responsible for all actions of the delegate. It is just instead of electing a vice-'whatever' the prime is choosing one.

The idea being, that if someone can't do his job, because of work, too much coffee-shop, being drunken (me)....... his delegate will jump in and 'replace' him, therefore not stopping the game
Old November 15, 2002, 15:40   #98
Lemmy
King

I'll post a poll now then...could take a while
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old November 15, 2002, 15:57   #99
Lemmy
King

Poll posted here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=67870

Last edited by Lemmy; November 15, 2002 at 16:03.
Old November 27, 2002, 04:01   #100
Lemmy
King

All the new polls have been up a few days now, would it be time to close them and write an article now?
Old November 27, 2002, 06:29   #101
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 06:42
I believe you are a little late there has been 2 days snce i started on. But locutus didnt topped it yet.

Article: The Executive Branch
-Jean Rostand