Old October 23, 2002, 00:25   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SS thwarts attempted assassination!
Tassagrad Weekly
Following a tip from an unnamed, reliable source, Shadow Service agents, led by the heroic Meshelic thwarted a diabolical scheme to assassinate newly elected President MrWhereItsAt and prominent members of his cabinet, one of whom barely escaped with his life.

The would-be assassins, who are now incarcerated and under heavy interrogation at Shadow Service headquarters in Tassagrad had been caught in the audience at the President's inauguration, brandishing weapons that have been traced back to the French city of Rheims.

In a statement to the press, Captain of the Guard Meshelic commented that "What we have found out is that these 'Frenchmen' sought to kill the President in retaliation for previous Apolyton victories in France years ago."

The French government refused to comment other than to request release of the prisoners for prosecution under French law. No word on when or if the Shadow Service plans to release them, as they will be held indefinitely until the S.S. has finished their questioning.

"I believe that it is not entirely impossible that these would-be assassins were sponsored by the French government to prevent the upcoming war that so many of our citizens have been calling for." Meshelic stated for the record. "It was fortunate that we got there in time."

The Shadow Service remains to be the foremost protector of the President and the most elite espionage unit in the world.
Old October 23, 2002, 00:26   #2
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Had to have fun with some roleplay.
Old October 23, 2002, 00:28   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 04:44
I say BAH! to this

why can't we just call this war what it is? greedy expansionism!
Old October 23, 2002, 00:31   #4
Meshelic
King

ninot thanks for the vote of approval. I look forward to your continued support.
Old October 23, 2002, 00:35   #5
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
ninot thanks for the vote of approval. I look forward to your continued support.
The first American war had an angle to it

the first French war had an angle to it

the Persian war just happened (and i suppose angles were thrown in?)

We are a global leader. France is piddly. In any case, our leaders have been plotting against theirs much longer than the other way around.

I believe this Tassagrad rag to be nothing but war propaganda, and false!
Old October 23, 2002, 00:41   #6
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Clearly the french are too depraved to live. Well we tried peace and they tried to kill us. Death the french.
Aggie
Old October 23, 2002, 00:56   #7
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

We are a global leader. France is piddly. In any case, our leaders have been plotting against theirs much longer than the other way around.
Understood and I knew that as I wrote it. If we are going to war anyways then what is the problem with adding a little roleplay to the game? Man I didn't think having fun with something that was already set in stone was such a big problem. Obviously to you it is.

Quote:
I believe this Tassagrad rag to be nothing but war propaganda, and false!
Perhaps next time I'll instruct my agents to look the other way when they try to assassinate you

Lighten up on the bashing, eh? I don't insult anything you have to contribute
Old October 23, 2002, 00:58   #8
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

This is an act of WAR! The baby eating French must be cleansed from this earth. We cannot let these evil acts go unpunished.
Old October 23, 2002, 01:04   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:44
*Official Presidential spokesperson takes the stand

The President is preparing a speech on this matter and will respond to the press' questions in due time.

*She leaves the chorus of questions behind, sweeping out of the room

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 23, 2002, 01:06   #10
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:44
Quote:
Lighten up on the bashing, eh? I don't insult anything you have to contribute
He may be playing his role?
Old October 23, 2002, 01:32   #11
Meshelic
King

hmmm didn't think of that

but still....

without the BAH to this comment I wouldn't have had a prob

but eh it's all fun anyways in my opinion, no hard feelings.

Last edited by Meshelic; October 23, 2002 at 01:43.
Old October 23, 2002, 02:15   #12
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
In a comment to the Press
followup in the Tassagrad Weekly
The Minister of City Planning was quoted as stating, "We we're lucky that they haven't gotten any of the new Gunpowder Weapons". He further repied with, "If this was an attempt by the French government, they should have waited, as they now have the new technology. They just need to aquire the needed Saltpeter Resource to make it effective". For the readers Information, France has two of the vital Saltpeter deposits, but have not attempted to make it readly available to their nation.
Old October 23, 2002, 08:50   #13
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Damn! Foiled Again! Good thing I used those idiot Frenchmen. They're most likely dead already... so the SS has no proof...
Old October 23, 2002, 08:58   #14
Reddawg
Prince

[I] Official MoE statement:
"The unprovoked and brutal attacks on the Executive and Cabinet are despicable acts. Not only will the perpetrators be prosecuted to the fullest, but the root cause of this problem will be dealt with. While I have always been a fan of the French culture, this latest attempt on our lives, mine included, is unforgivable. I am taken aback and utterly ashamed of the condust of Joan of Arc. I'm throwing my full support into efforts to rectify this injustice done to us."
Old October 23, 2002, 09:06   #15
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Official MoS Statement

We in the cabinet are all outraged and dismayed at the most recent attack on our grand republic. All of our thoughts are on the situation. It is a troubling thing to think about what might have happened had these devious French succeded. We expect a full apology from the government of France, and a promise to crack down on these terrorist scum, without delay.
Old October 23, 2002, 12:23   #16
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:44
plea for mercy
I hope that the would-be assassins are being treated well... good food, accomodations, and wash up... a little water on the back your neck will makes one feel marvelous!
They should be clean and sober for their hangin'
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 23, 2002, 18:24   #17
Meshelic
King

Tassagrad Weekly continued
Tassagrad Weekly
The Shadow Service today releases this statement, concerning the assassination attempt that took place a week ago and what has been done with the French prisoners.

"From what we have gathered by our persistent questioning of these prisoners, was that they were privately funded by the French government and their actions approved by Joan de Arc herself, and would have received, upon accomplishing their mission, posts in the higher echelons of the French government.

It is with no great sadness that I announce the death of one of the prisoners, who was sabred while attempting to escape our facilities. My only regret was that we will all miss seeing him swinging on the gallows pole, although I surmise that he met an unfortunate death nonetheless, albeit a bloody one.

We at the Shadow Service have recorded every trace of evidence in this matter and will thus be submitting the two remaining prisoners to the courthourse in Apolyton city, under heavy SS guard of course.

On a different note, I would like to announce the creation of a new battalion of Shadow Service agents to help support our regular armed forces in the advent of war with these despicable French. This battalion, to be called the 'S.S. 1st Battalion' will be made up of our most elite and accomplished agents and warriors, and shall be led into battle by yours truly, under the supreme command of General Aggie himself.

In the future, we plan on training our agents in shipbuilding and naval command, so that we may enjoy domination of the seas surrounding us.

Thank you all
Meshelic
Captain of the Guard, S.S.
Old October 23, 2002, 19:45   #18
Ninot
Emperor

Re: Tassagrad Weekly continued
Quote:
"From what we have gathered by our persistent questioning of these prisoners, was that they were privately funded by the French government and their actions approved by Joan de Arc herself, and would have received, upon accomplishing their mission, posts in the higher echelons of the French government."
OUTRAGE!

I happen to know Joan of Arc personally, and very well, for back when I was Foreign Minister, she was our best trade partner, and I made visits to her on a regular basis.

She would never do such a thing to any nation.

She is a very kind and loyal leader, and her nation is not a bunch of barbaric assassins. Just more evidence that this Tassagrad rag is nothing but military propaganda, to make the war bode easier with the true hearted.

France has never done us wrong, and wouldn't start now. May the great banana slip you one!!!

(ps: yes, this is roleplaying)
Old October 23, 2002, 19:48   #19
Thud
Prince

Yes, Ninot. Those agents were truly trained well to resist torture by whomever sent them. We wanted to hear Joan of Arc's name, we got it, tis the nature of the thing.
Old October 23, 2002, 19:53   #20
Reddawg
Prince

I applaud the extradition of the French prisoners into Apolyton City itself; any trial in the Île de Rose province would result in a very biased decision, and would invite foreign intervention. However we may receive some flack from others on this movement; I however support Captain Meshelic.
Old October 23, 2002, 19:54   #21
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Yes, Ninot. Those agents were truly trained well to resist torture by whomever sent them.
IF these agents exist, it may very well be true that they are Apolyton military agents, being used for the ambitious purposes of our generals.

and agents of any nation could name Joan. It doesnt take a frenchman.
Old October 23, 2002, 20:17   #22
Meshelic
King

Quote:

IF these agents exist, it may very well be true that they are Apolyton military agents, being used for the ambitious purposes of our generals.

and agents of any nation could name Joan. It doesnt take a frenchman.
Tassagrad Weekly
In response to accusations that the assassination attempt was in reality an Apolyton military cover-up, Captain Meshelic had this to say:

"These 'conspiracists' wish to undermine the efforts of what has been done here. The facts are these: the President, his Minister of Economy and SMC are all alive, thanks to the SS. Had these assassinations been successful, we would be in a distastrous position, as our military, economy and executive branches would have been rendered helpless.

I will not name these conspiracists, but will comment that they all seem to wear French-style mustaches, and perhaps they themselves were involved in the plot to assassinate our leaders for their own personal gain. To support the French at this crossroads is both anti-Apolyton and shameful. That is all the questions I have time for right now, pressing matters need my attention."
Old October 23, 2002, 20:36   #23
Thud
Prince

Quote:
our military, economy and executive branches would have been rendered helpless.
And amazingly leaving the Science Ministry in a not too bad position

Old October 23, 2002, 20:46   #24
Ninot
Emperor

I knew i shoulda shaved
(apolyton hasn't allowed me to upload a new image in a while )

I will support the French, and my dearest friend Joan of Arc, untill the end!

This tyranny of smaller nations must cease!
Old October 23, 2002, 20:47   #25
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Meshelic and Aggie, et al,

Wouldn't a better pretext for war be the defection of Chartres to our control and French attempts to "illegally" reclaim the city?

This whole assassination mess is too obvioulsy concocted out of thin air.... the defection of REAL French citizens WILLINGLY to Apolytonia bespeaks of the true nature of the French people... they hate their own government and have been pleading with the glorious and enlightened Apolytonian Republic to free them from their misery...

Given that this is actually TRUTH, I would think we could rely upon that
Old October 23, 2002, 20:48   #26
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Oh, and btw...

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before an election." - Bismark

Old October 23, 2002, 20:52   #27
Ninot
Emperor

did Bismark say that before an election, during a war, or after hunting?
Old October 23, 2002, 21:27   #28
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud

And amazingly leaving the Science Ministry in a not too bad position

You sir, were not a target of assassination.

...unfortunately.... JUST KIDDING!
Old October 23, 2002, 21:28   #29
Meshelic
King

Quote:
did Bismark say that before an election, during a war, or after hunting?
haha verygood ninot.
Old October 23, 2002, 21:30   #30
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Meshelic and Aggie, et al,

Wouldn't a better pretext for war be the defection of Chartres to our control and French attempts to "illegally" reclaim the city?

This whole assassination mess is too obvioulsy concocted out of thin air.... the defection of REAL French citizens WILLINGLY to Apolytonia bespeaks of the true nature of the French people... they hate their own government and have been pleading with the glorious and enlightened Apolytonian Republic to free them from their misery...

Given that this is actually TRUTH, I would think we could rely upon that
You may add French defection to the list of reasons to eliminate their nation, as they hate their own country. I have no problem with that.

RP
Concocted out of thin air???? I'll show you thin air!