Old October 23, 2002, 21:33   #31
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Arnelos, now that you mention it we did have a bit of a mistranslation early on. We thought they said they were mad about the past war, but in reality they were mad about chartes and had met with agents in chartes. This was confirmed since we bugged Ninot and Joans bed room on her last "official visit" here. I have written records(recording haven't been invented yet) of her actually informing the "plumbers", as she refered to them, of their orders. After killing our great leadership and our past leaders, yes ninot I'm sorry to say Joan was just using you for info, and planned to kill you too, she intented to have the conspirators go to chartes and lead a revolt. Currently there is evidence of other countries involvment, and our excellent shadow service is going to get to the bottom of this. As the SMC let me assure you all that this action will be punished.
Aggie
Old October 23, 2002, 21:35   #32
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Arnelos, now that you mention it we did have a bit of a mistranslation early on. We thought they said they were mad about the past war, but in reality they were mad about chartes and had met with agents in chartes. This was confirmed since we bugged Ninot and Joans bed room on her last "official visit" here. I have written records(recording haven't been invented yet) of her actually informing the "plumbers", as she refered to them, of their orders. After killing our great leadership and our past leaders, yes ninot I'm sorry to say Joan was just using you for info, and planned to kill you too, she intented to have the conspirators go to chartes and lead a revolt. Currently there is evidence of other countries involvment, and our excellent shadow service is going to get to the bottom of this. As the SMC let me assure you all that this action will be punished.
Aggie
Lies! Joan was too good of a lov........ erm... leader, to do this kind of thing

lies, bullheaded millitary lies
Old October 23, 2002, 21:38   #33
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Aggie
Oh my god that is the funniest thing! ROFL! (The last two threads I've been posting in have suddenly put me in a better mood, more than enough laughs to go around)
Old October 23, 2002, 21:39   #34
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

Lies! Joan was too good of a lov........ erm... leader, to do this kind of thing

lies, bullheaded millitary lies
Old October 24, 2002, 11:09   #35
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 09:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
any trial in the Île de Rose province would result in a very biased decision, and would invite foreign intervention. .
This is a despicable slur on the loyal Apolytonians of Ile de Rose. We have instituted the courthouses throughout most of our province, upholding the rule of the Code of Laws of Apolytonia.

We proudly represent our nation, and even today we are exhorting our former compatriots in Rheims to defect to this true Banana Republic.

Now pass the garlic, these snails taste awful. Zoot alors.
Old October 24, 2002, 20:24   #36
Meshelic
King

Now now, bickering between provincial governors is not in the best interests here.

The prisoners were taken to Apolyton City due to it's status as one of our largest cities as well as to it's distance from France, should the prisoners attempt another escape before their court hearing.
Old October 24, 2002, 23:42   #37
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:44
Transcript of President WhereItsAt's address to a joint session of the Senate on Thursday night, October 24, 2002.

Mr. Meshelic, Mr. Vice-President Arnelos, members of the Senate, and fellow Apolytonians, in the normal course of events, presidents come to this chamber to report on the state of the union. Tonight, no such report is needed; it has already been delivered by the Apolytonian people.

We have seen it in the courage of the SS who rushed to stop assassins to save the Executive. SS agents like an exceptional man named Brad Tallon. And would you please help me welcome his wife Halle Tallon here tonight?

(Applause)

Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our shock has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done.

(Applause)

I thank the Senate for its leadership at such an important time.

All of Apolytonia was touched on the evening of the near tragedy to see Republicans, Despots and Monarchists joined together on the steps of this Capitol singing "gOdZ Bless Apolytonia."

Apolytonians have known surprise attacks, but never before on the leadership of the nation. This was brought upon us in a single day, and night fell on a different world, a world where freedom itself is under attack.

Apolytonians have many questions tonight. Apolytonians are asking, "Who attacked our leaders?"

The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated terrorist organizations known as the French civilisation.

France is to barbarism what the banana Mafia is to crime. But its goal is not making bananas, its goal is remaking the world and imposing its radical culinary habits on people everywhere.

Women are not allowed to eat bananas in public. You can be jailed for reading the Gazette. Religion can be practiced only as their leaders dictate. A man can be jailed in France if he does not smell badly enough. Apolytonia respects the people of France -- after all, we are currently its largest source of deodorant-- but we condemn the French regime.

Our war on terror begins with France, and it might end there.

As long as the Republic of Apolytonia is determined and strong, this will not be an age of terror. This will be an age of liberty here and across the world.

Fellow citizens, we'll meet bungled assassinations with patient justice, assured of the rightness of our cause and confident of the victories to come.

Thank you.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 25, 2002, 02:23   #38
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Transcript of President WhereItsAt's address to a joint session of the Senate on Thursday night, October 24, 2002.

(Applause)

(Applause)

'A man can be jailed in France if he does not smell badly enough. Apolytonia respects the people of France -- after all, we are currently its largest source of deodorant-- but we condemn the French regime."

Thank you.
Meshelic leans in close to the President's ear, and quietly whispers, "Sir, I don't believe our deodorant manufacturers are going to like hearing that their product is demanded by the French because it smells bad..."

Both come to a slow realization, but continue to wave to the adoring crowds....
Old October 25, 2002, 12:17   #39
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I love it, MWIA
Old October 25, 2002, 12:36   #40
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:44
I wonder if the French culinary habits can be qualified radical ...