Old October 23, 2002, 12:10   #1
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Game Report 700-720 AD
EDIT: Thanks for the information..!

For these kinds of reports to work, I really need more information. Since the turnchats are held at impossible times (0:00 in Europe), I will have to rely on the information provided to me by people in the chat. This would have to be done every day after the chat, so as to provide as much info as soon as possible.

My question is: is the community (or the Government) willing to help me out here?

BigFurryMonster

------------------

GAME REPORT 700 - 720 AD
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2002, 22:00 GMT

General
A short turnchat, since we stopped once we got Navigation.

Military
Nothing special

Cities
700 A Courthouse was rushed in Arbela.
700 Ghengistown's borders expanded.
710 A Temple was rushed in Neon Uber City.

Trades
710 (We give) 7g (Russia Gives) World Map.
710 (We give) Territory Map (England gives) 6g.
710 (We give) World Map (Greece gives) 2g.
710 (We give) Territory Map (Germany gives) 3g.
710 (We give) Territory Map (Germany gives) 11g and World Map.
710 (We give) Territory Map (Aztecs give) 4g.
710 (We give) Territory Map (Babylonians give) 4g and World Map.
710 (We give) Territory Map (Persians give) 12g and World Map.
710 Peace Renegotiation: (We give) Spice (Germany gives) 7gpt and 10g.
720 (We give) 7gpt and 469g (Rome gives) Navigation.

Science
720 We obtained Navigation.

Foreign
720 Romans and Germans get Navigation - we think Germany got it first and sold it to England (Germany - 156g, Rome 0g )
720 France gets Gunpowder (they have no Saltpeter yet)

Next Turnchat
Friday, October 25th, 2002, GMT 22:00.

Last edited by BigFurryMonster; October 26, 2002 at 09:55.
Old October 23, 2002, 12:39   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:45
Next chat is Friday, FYI.

and, Yes, we do need more info...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 23, 2002, 12:44   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Was a copy of the chat log kept. I know it is a pain, but it should have everything in it that was done. The one time I did the report I used the log. Took a long time as the colours were not saved.

Question, and please nobody take any offence, but why are you doing the reports BFM and not MWIA?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 23, 2002, 12:46   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:45
I would have gladly volunteered information and logs if I had any.
Have we reached the point where citizens have to beg to hear what happened during the last turnchat? Government: release a full report now!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 23, 2002, 13:26   #5
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

It seems like around 22:00 GMT is a favorite hour for MWIA, and i have no problem with this, except that i and others living in europe and eastwards, so some report would be nice. Especially since this was a "relaxed chat", no one was under great pressure so some effort from those on the chat to make a clear and detailed report would have been nice.(only 3 turns- and it seems like not much happened)

I'd really like to know the details of the Navigation trade- from who and for how much.

whoever has the log please post it here, those who can't join the chats still want to be involved.
Old October 23, 2002, 17:05   #6
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 04:45
We stopped after 3 turns due to money matters that have to be resolved, such as rushes/upgrades due to the money that was spent on Nav.
Old October 23, 2002, 18:18   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Here is a copy of the Log, from when I first logged on about 1 Hour before the start of the chat, until Almost everybody had left.

We ended on turn 2 (720AD) and the cost for Navigation would have to require Reddawg updating the Budget; so that the Orders for the Galleys that are searching for the Lost Civ's could be Revised in Lue of Navigation; for the Government to evaluate the Impact of France having Gunpowder, but no Saltpeter yet and for the FAM to make plans for our possible first contact with the Lost Civs.

Here is the log.

E_T
Attached Files:
File Type: txt #civ3dem,700-720ad.txt (61.4 KB, 12 views)
Old October 23, 2002, 20:00   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

22:00 is popular because it won the poll MWIA made during his last term.

I bet he would be receptive to SOME different times as IIRC that is roughly 10 AM for him, and he misses 2 hours of sleep(jk)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 23, 2002, 20:12   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Was a copy of the chat log kept. I know it is a pain, but it should have everything in it that was done. The one time I did the report I used the log. Took a long time as the colours were not saved.

Question, and please nobody take any offence, but why are you doing the reports BFM and not MWIA?
He started doing them because the Presidents quit putting out useful info in theirs.
Old October 24, 2002, 04:02   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:45
I always did a report of all the boring stuff and a summary of the important things like victories/losses/trades etc at the top, and I guess that ended with the end of Term 3. I would and will do a report for these turns, but please let me sit my first exam, ehich is in but a few hours. I can do a proper report sometime in the next 24 hours.

Sorry guys - little did I know how many bloody people want me at once all of a sudden.

And yeah, some different times would be OK, but certainly not between 1600 and 2100GMT. The issue ATM is more the day they are held than the time. Some days are just impossible at any time, whereas somedays I can be online as much as I want.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 24, 2002, 04:10   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

It's your dance Mr. President. You name the tune.
Old October 24, 2002, 07:18   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Here's what I got.

Other civ's techs
720AD
-Romans and Germans get Navigation - presumed Germany got it first and sold it to England (Germany - 156L, Rome 0L )
-France gets Gunpowder (no Saltpeter yet)

Rush jobs
700AD
Courthouse in Arbela - 172L

710AD
Temple in Neon Uber City - 104L

Misc events
700AD
Ghengistown expands

720AD
WLWIAD in Jerusalem

Trades made
710 AD
Buy
Russia's WM for 7L

720AD
Navigation from Rome for7Lpt and 469L

SellAll trades are for our TM unless otherwise specified
710AD
Greece - 2L for (our) WM
England - 6L
Germany - 3L
Germany - 11L and their WM
Aztecs - 4L
Babylon - 4L and WM
Persia - 12L and WM

Reneg Spice with Germany for 7LPT and 10L

BFM - feel free to swipe what you want from this for your own, easier to look at format.

Old October 24, 2002, 10:18   #13
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:45
Thanks for the report. Regarding the delay, I understand, just as long as you make sure that the next reports come out faster. You can write the report during the turnchat or give the turnchat log to someone to do the report out of it (I wouldn't mind doing this once or twice this term), it doesn't really matter, just as long as they come out less than 24 hours after the turnchat has ended.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 24, 2002, 10:39   #14
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 24, 2002, 13:05   #15
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

-Thanks for the log E_T, and Mr. Prez for the report, that sure made things clearer.
i hope i could participate in the next chat, although i'm not sure, maybe if it was saturday night.

but then again, it's up to MWIA and Arnelos to call the shots.
Old October 24, 2002, 22:59   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Thanks for the report. Regarding the delay, I understand, just as long as you make sure that the next reports come out faster. You can write the report during the turnchat or give the turnchat log to someone to do the report out of it (I wouldn't mind doing this once or twice this term), it doesn't really matter, just as long as they come out less than 24 hours after the turnchat has ended.
Noted.

Old October 26, 2002, 09:56   #17
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Updated with new info.