View Poll Results: Do we want a Golden Age During the French War
Yes 25 83.33%
No 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23, 2002, 12:33   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Poll(Official)Golden Age in war with France
Do we want to trigger our Golden Age during French War(this is of course conditional on French War being approved).
Aggie
Old October 23, 2002, 12:37   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
I am against the war with france at this time, but if it is to be, then now is a good time to have our GA.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 23, 2002, 14:08   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I vote no. We only have one core of anti-corruption (around our palace), and as it's coastal, it isn't even a complete one. We should wait for the FP.
Old October 23, 2002, 14:49   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Kloreep, one of the benifits of being in a Golden Age is that the Forbidden Palace gets built faster.
Old October 23, 2002, 14:55   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:45
If we do the math I'm sure we'll realize that using the GA to finish the FP faster and then enjoy its benefits earlier is better than waiting for it to be finished and then triggering a GA.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 23, 2002, 16:26   #6
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Not only will GA allow FP to be built quicker, it will also allow us to build necessary science improvements we need in order to research on our own (or pump or more military, in the event the french get allies).

Also If we dont get GA now, Are chances to get our GA become very few.
Old October 23, 2002, 18:08   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
I vote a conditional YES
My yes vote is based on the following:
1) We delare no later than 6 turns (after Printing Press research is completed), so that we can use tha added trade to start actual research on the next tech. Any Earlier would be a waste.

2) that the additional funds available would be available to rush the rest of the courthouses on my list (See Reddawg's thread).

3) that the surplus after rushing, go to the SMC for further upgrades.

4) The increased production can get our needed Items built, within a timely manor. This will also have the added benifit of making any rushes cheaper at a later time in the GA.

5) Most Importantly, that this be a short war with limited objectives (see my post in the Pax Apolyton Thread for details). Going beyond those limited Objective would be, IMHO, Bloodthirsty & Vengeful.

I'm working with the SMC on getting our defences ready incase of an Alliance against us, but I don't think that we will be ready for the 6 turns that I pointed out above.

E_T
Old October 23, 2002, 22:19   #8
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Bump
Old October 24, 2002, 00:14   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I am strongly in favor of getting our Golden Age, if possible, during this upcoming war with France (should the war actually be declared, which now seems quite likely).

The reasoning is simple... after this war with France, there will be very little opportunity to use our WCs to start a GA...

The prospect of us constructing either the Hoover Dam or the Manhattan Project before any other civ is also rather dismal (though our chances on the Manhattan Project are significantly higher than those on Hoover Dam).

This is really are only ENSURED way of getting a golden age AT ALL during the game... a chance we should not give up. It will also be greatly timed to jumpstart our infrastructure development program - one which is so desperately needed.
Old October 24, 2002, 01:47   #10
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 11:45
Golden Age - Yes!

War with France - NO!
Old October 26, 2002, 12:31   #11
Aggie
King

The GA age in the upcoming war has been approved so I will plan accordingly.
Aggie
Old October 26, 2002, 16:54   #12
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:45
I agree with Torkkeli ! Which French War, by the way? Has Joan been nasty to us again?
Old October 26, 2002, 17:14   #13
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:45
Well, besides trying to assassinate our leaders, we're going for a pre-emptive strike to finally eliminate ANY threat.

not sure if limited war or extended war is in the case yet though....