Old October 23, 2002, 16:50   #1
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 05:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DIA Policy: War?
Is it the opinion of the DIA members and other conservative builders that we should go to war with France?

You may know I'm a little fuzzy on this, give me some strong arguments folks.
Old October 23, 2002, 20:44   #2
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:46
Thud,

I have one reason, and one alone. Its time for our GA. We can use the boost to catch up on science (either by buying or researching). Then, long term internal healing is needed.
Old October 23, 2002, 20:48   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

You may know im not actually DIA

you guys are too weak for me (dont stand on strong enough opinions)

But i dont think anyone should support a war with France, so NO WAR
Old October 23, 2002, 21:13   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Ninot,

It has become increasingly clear that the reason you are not a DIA member is not that you aren't pacifist enough for the DIA... it's that you're TOO pacifist for the DIA
Old October 23, 2002, 21:15   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Thud,

I'm uneasy about a war with France so soon. I think the only reason it's even marginally worth it is to get our GA...

In my opinion, we enter the war, start our GA, and then negotiate an exit at the earliest possible opportunity.

We then use every single available turn of our GA to develop our infrastructure and remain at peace while doing so. This would make for a peaceful Pax Apolytonia of nearly 20 turns of straight infrastructure development. We need that BADLY.
Old October 23, 2002, 21:16   #6
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Ninot,

It has become increasingly clear that the reason you are not a DIA member is not that you aren't pacifist enough for the DIA... it's that you're TOO pacifist for the DIA
are you kidding me?

I was the first president to lead the nation into war

I can wage war.

However, since then, this party has unanimously let the Hawks have their way with the Demo game. this upcoming war with France is a BLAZING example of how the DIA has faltered.

The DIA does not represent a builders party any longer. the DIA represents a party that does what the Hawks want to do, but with a little more contimplation, before bending over backwards.

Not enough, say I

we need peace. not the way of the Hawk. the DIA cannot provide when it comes to this.
Old October 23, 2002, 21:25   #7
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 05:46
I posted the below in another thread. I am not a DIA member - I prefer to maintain my independance. However, I hope the DIA will stand with me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
The DIA is threatening to oppose the much need war with France. War has made our nation great and more war will make our nation greater. A war with France will usher in a Golden Age of Apolyton. This is a necessary war and we cannot let the DIA stop it from being prosecuted.

All who oppose war are traitors to the cause of Apolyton! Unite agianst the DIA and peacenic opposition!
HA! All who oppose peace are traitors to every fellow citizen of Apolytonia, senselessly rationalizing their innocent deaths in an unneccesary war!

For the record, I am not a member of DIA. But I do oppose War, and not just with France.

"Necesssary war"? I challenge anyone to explain this necessity.

War has NOT made our nation great. War HAS caused the tragic deaths of many brave citizens, on both sides of each conflict our esteemed War Academy has dragged us into. Apolytonia is great due to its people, it culture, and the holy Banana. The past has shown that Apolytonia is so great that foreign cities spontaneously declare allegiance to us! So what do we need war for? Why send our children to the slaughter, also killing many potential new citizens in the process?

War, for your information, has COST us too much. Too much of our tax lytons goes to training new recruits and maintaining our armies. Lytons that could go towards improving our cities, making life better, or to research promising new technologies.

Your proposed Golden Age is a farce! If we continue to attack and anger the world of humanity - which we should be helping to foster and protect, we run the danger of a much longer Dark Age, with every non-Apolytonian in the world fearing and hating us, rather than admiring us enough to join us of their own volition.
Old October 23, 2002, 21:40   #8
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
HA! All who oppose peace are traitors to every fellow citizen of Apolytonia, senselessly rationalizing their innocent deaths in an unneccesary war!

For the record, I am not a member of DIA. But I do oppose War, and not just with France.

"Necesssary war"? I challenge anyone to explain this necessity.

War has NOT made our nation great. War HAS caused the tragic deaths of many brave citizens, on both sides of each conflict our esteemed War Academy has dragged us into. Apolytonia is great due to its people, it culture, and the holy Banana. The past has shown that Apolytonia is so great that foreign cities spontaneously declare allegiance to us! So what do we need war for? Why send our children to the slaughter, also killing many potential new citizens in the process?

War, for your information, has COST us too much. Too much of our tax lytons goes to training new recruits and maintaining our armies. Lytons that could go towards improving our cities, making life better, or to research promising new technologies.

Your proposed Golden Age is a farce! If we continue to attack and anger the world of humanity - which we should be helping to foster and protect, we run the danger of a much longer Dark Age, with every non-Apolytonian in the world fearing and hating us, rather than admiring us enough to join us of their own volition.
*Applause for dejon*
Old October 24, 2002, 01:50   #9
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 11:46
The time is not right for fight.

So I'm against the War.

Maybe later when we have better defenses and more offensive units to make the war very short. Maybe...
Old October 24, 2002, 12:24   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:46
You people need to get your act together. The Hawks have run you over this whole game, now that we have a war that doesn't make sense you should at least try to stop it.

The current plan is for 2-3 wars with France with NO CHANCE at concentrating on infrastructure.
Old October 24, 2002, 12:31   #11
Proserpine
Warlord

Local Time: 09:46
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
You people need to get your act together. The Hawks have run you over this whole game, now that we have a war that doesn't make sense you should at least try to stop it.
Sounds familiar, where have I heard this before? Oh yes, IRL
Old October 24, 2002, 14:00   #12
badman
Warlord

Local Time: 11:46
i'm against war, too.
as for the golden age, i like to have it after we build our FP
Old October 24, 2002, 14:32   #13
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:46
I'm DIA, because I oppose war without good reason. We don't need more territory, because our corruption is big, but saltpeter and iron could add nicely to our economy, we get about 180 gpt currently, so this would add a nice percentage. A GA now would be a liability, because we'll soon have the corruption cutting benefits of a FP, Democracy, or Communnism.
Old October 26, 2002, 17:03   #14
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Lets end these wars they are no longer. needed we have been waring for the past 4 terms. I would like someone to explain why we need more wars other than a GA.