Old October 24, 2002, 03:45   #1
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 09:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My own strange bug
Oh my god, I had to reinstall CIV3 and I have to retry if this bug is still present or not.

I am sure it's a my own bug and not a bug of the game,but do you have suggestion?

I have properly modded the game adding few units,changing a bit appereance ratio of resorces,changed some units value etc...but:

When I passed to middle age ( discovering also enemies map ) I noticed they had each only maximum 2 cities,when I had ca. 15.

So the game was obviously unbalanced and I had to retire.

Assuming I did every mod in the proper manner without seeing any kind of bug until that moment do you perhaps havy any clue about what could have gone wrong?

After a reinstall I tried with pure CIV3 and tried dozens turns for tests purposes and everything was right,so do you have any suggestion what can cause such a strange bug??

Thanks a lot mates

Gunter
Old October 24, 2002, 04:49   #2
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:47
I'm pretty sure that this is not a bug, but a flaw in your mod. You've changed something that the AI can't handle properly.

Try to make only one change at a time, then play some testgames. If it works then make your next change, then the next and so on and so forth.
--Woody Allen
Old October 24, 2002, 06:07   #3
Gunter
Warlord

Local Time: 09:47
Yes,I was just thinking about acting in this way,thaks.

BTW what is the option before strting a new game:

Preserve original seed????????

Thanks

Gunter
Old October 24, 2002, 06:34   #4
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:47
It's "preserve random seed". When you reload a game, if the conditions are the same, all events that depend on the random calculator (goodie huts, battles, culture flippings, etc) will have the same result, no matter how many times you try.
If you disable it, you can reload the game for different results.

For. ex, with the option on, entering in a goodie hut will be like:
25 gold -> reload -> 25 gold -> reload -> 25 gold, etc
with the option off:
25 gold -> reload -> barbarians -> reload -> science -> etc
(of course there are many other factors that have influence on the results, but basicaly this is it).
--Woody Allen
Old October 24, 2002, 09:08   #5
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 04:47
Gunter, you didnt mention what level you tried your mod on. My own mod-ed game had your changes and a bunch more but I never saw anything like what you describe (played on regent/monarch/emperor but not with v1.29). Its possible that those types of changes effect the AI more at lower levels where it already has restrictions.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.