Old October 25, 2002, 10:34   #61
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 05:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Erm, I guess I didn't phrase that right. I wanted to do that Markos, but it seems everyone else wants to do an inter-forum one (which I don't). Doing the inter-forum one is what I meant by having 100+ people.

P.S. Any progress on the MP forum?
Old October 25, 2002, 10:47   #62
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:47
Due to security reasons, I would think that 100+ participant from poly alone would be unreasonable. We would have to limit the size of the population in this demo game and "lurkers" I feel would be a security threat. This is why when I started talking about this, it was with only active members who I know would be true to poly. I have actually been thinking a great deal about how to determine who is loyal to poly.
I think a good way to ensure some level of security to the members list is that only active members who have signed on this list WHO ARE KINGS OR HIGHER should be given a password to the PTW-MDG and they would be the ones to vote on who else should be allowed in. Yes this does sound kinda elitest, but sacrifices need to be made in order to ensure some kind of security. Please note that this requirement excludes myself from voting on membership and I'm the one who started it all.

I forsee two forums for a PTW-MDG. One a general forum where all civilans can post, participate in a Mini-game and RP all they want (as long as the RP and Mini-games do not reveal any tactical secrets). And a second, secure forum for Citizens that requires a password where stragety, maps, orders and votes are made. Hmmm.... this sounds like the Apolytonian Federation thread I'm about to start.

I realize that this would be alot of work for the gOdz, and they might object to the almost 'non-democratic' nature of my ideas, but I don't see how else we can accomplish a multi-site DG and maintain security.

Thank you Markg, and you may ban me now...

Last edited by Donegeal; October 25, 2002 at 10:58.
Old October 25, 2002, 11:23   #63
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm all for an inter poly MPDG teams of about 20 would be cool.

(Trip can I join the red team?)
Old October 25, 2002, 11:37   #64
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 18:47
I'm in!
Old October 25, 2002, 11:55   #65
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:47
I am trying to form an spanish speaking team (in fact I am a spanish speaking too).

This team would be created from the Spanish Civilization Site, hosted by Apolyton, and who has an apolytonian sub-forum.

The first answers to my request in this sub-forum are encouraging. So I think this team could possibly be a reality in short.

Of course, this team would play the Spanish civ !!

Any reactions ?
Old October 25, 2002, 12:07   #66
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

I think a 'teams' game would be more fun (and also could start, oh, 3 months sooner?). We could even get some teams from CFC and elsewhere to join in, if we don't have too many already (we may ).

Oh, and the Red Team's roster is still open. Welcome onboard OPD.
Old October 25, 2002, 14:57   #67
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:47
Hmmm. Very interesting.

We form teams to play both each other and other sites?

I like that plan, IF each of our teams can have a private forum here on Poly. That's acturally quite interesting. You could get teams with different modes of operation.

Hmmm. Spartans anyone? Who fancies themself a Provost?
Old October 25, 2002, 15:12   #68
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 04:47
Interesting, A PTW Demogame.
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Last edited by CivGeneral; October 25, 2002 at 15:47.
Old October 25, 2002, 15:55   #69
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Teams IS an interesting concept, but I'm not sure whether it would be more fun to group people by their play style or purposely diversify the groups in order to ensure that each group had people of different perspectives...

For instance, would it be more fun to have guys like Duddha and Thud working together against a similar array of people on other teams or to have all the warmongers on one team and all the peacenics on another. Personally, I think it would be FAR more interesting to maintain the diversity of opinion on individual teams... but that's just me
Old October 25, 2002, 16:29   #70
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'll probably sit out an immediate team game and wait for the inter-site demogame (or whatever comes next), since I'm not sure when I'll be getting PTW.
Old October 25, 2002, 17:00   #71
Jon Shafer

Markos was the one who came up with the idea for PtW Demo Game teams, so I'm assuming he'll accomodate us accordingly.

The composition of the teams will depend upon how people decide to make them. There will be no rules other than what each team comes up with for their own team. For example, one team may have a leader who recruited some people, and dishes out tasks, while another team may be one where everyone decided to get together, and just play, with no real rules. It depends on who's playing.

P.S. The Red Team will be victorious.
Old October 25, 2002, 17:15   #72
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

A poly v poly MP DG would be interesting only as an educational tool to the Multi-Site DG. As it might take quite a long time (er.. several months) to organize a MSDG, we could use this time to play one, or several small inter-poly games. Small maps (no bigger than Standard) and quick games to learn the ins and outs before we take on other sites...
Old October 25, 2002, 19:03   #73
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Grr... I KNOW I'm not going to be able to pick which team to join if we do it by teams .

Oh well... I can think of worse things happening .

By the way, I'd personally have teams with about twenty five people each, not twenty, though I might be overestimating how many people will be interested.

-- adaMada
Old October 25, 2002, 19:06   #74
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:47
Quote:
Due to security reasons, I would think that 100+ participant from poly alone would be unreasonable. We would have to limit the size of the population in this demo game and "lurkers" I feel would be a security threat.
If I'm placed on the court I promise to root out all traitors.
Old October 25, 2002, 19:09   #75
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
For instance, would it be more fun to have guys like Duddha and Thud working together against a similar array of people on other teams or to have all the warmongers on one team and all the peacenics on another. Personally, I think it would be FAR more interesting to maintain the diversity of opinion on individual teams... but that's just me

While Apolyton may play against groups that are more "team" based, I think Apolyton should maintain some form of democracy made up of varied groups. This model may prove difficult (traitors!), but I think it will promot participation.
Old October 25, 2002, 19:14   #76
Duddha
Prince

I've already planned a Nationalist Democratic Party.

Last edited by Duddha; October 25, 2002 at 19:25.
Old October 26, 2002, 09:55   #77
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Count me in, please.
Old October 26, 2002, 13:14   #78
GePap
Emperor

Sign me up.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old October 26, 2002, 14:01   #79
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I would definitely like to join, though I don't know when I'll get the game itself.
Aggie
Old October 26, 2002, 15:07   #80
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Count me in!
Old October 26, 2002, 18:16   #81
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

I don't have a single clue of when I'll get the game, and I don't really have a clue about how it will be played, mechanics etc. If it were an inter-apoly game it could be like we just played the sixteen nations in the game and each picked whatever nation to join and there'd be a seperate forum for each nation. (Oh god, it would probly be a nightmare for MarkG and...um...those other guys? Mark cant run the Apo forums by himself?) And nation-teams could have immigration policies that ranged from permissive to no one gets in or out alive, i.e. (example) Panzer32 a member of say America would maybe not be able to gain permission to join England but new members will be ok. It could be like if England was at war with America he couldn't be switching sides all the time. Just an example. and once one nation was conquered they're citizens would be assmiliated into the conquerer. It'd probably be difficult to conquer any1 tho with the best of Civ3 DG going agaisnt the best of Civ3 DG. It would be a very complicated zoo.
Or it could be a multi-site DG. Doesn't GhengisFarb have membership on both CivFanatics and Apolyton? If CF were to join in the m-s DG then which website-nation-team-whatever would he join? Our would he be a double-agent?

Oh well if someone could just tell me what will go on it'll be ok. I'll join either way or any way though, I dunno. I just am rather clueless about how the PtW demogame will be played or when I'll get it or anything.

Hopelessly Confused, (just like a manager)
mrmitchell
Old October 26, 2002, 18:37   #82
Donny
Settler

I'm new, but I would like to join.
Old October 26, 2002, 19:09   #83
Duddha
Prince

i think we would have enough if we only played by sites.

1. Apolyton
2. Fanatica
3. OneBigCommunity
4. Das Civilization Universum (german)
5. Spanish Civilization Site
6. Bengal Republic (new one I found on Fanatica site:http://pub135.ezboard.com/bciv3democracygame)

and some smaller groups might also spring up.

Last edited by Duddha; October 26, 2002 at 19:55.
Old October 26, 2002, 19:11   #84
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

IHMO, I don't know if CivFanatics ppl want to play against us. Someone posted on one of their boards that he thought the Apolyton demogames takes too long to complete Because it's one turn per week as opposed to one turn per day.
Old October 26, 2002, 19:42   #85
Duddha
Prince

I think the issues around how often we play can be worked out. It would be a shame if Fanatica didn't play because they don't have real lives. (a bit ironic)
Old October 26, 2002, 20:17   #86
Sanuk
Settler

WheeHaaa,

Please count me in...

Sanuk
Old October 26, 2002, 20:26   #87
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As for PTW itself... I'm planning to buy it the very day it comes out... computer stores have an amusing tendency to not accurately predict which games are going to sell particularly well... so they offer some big-name titles for $30 or so on the first day or two of sales before they realize that they've sold out of the first batch and decide to offer all later batches for $60+.

I purchased Moo 1, Moo2, and Civ2 all this way
Old October 27, 2002, 05:12   #88
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:47
I'd like to join, though I don't know when I'll be able to get PTW.
Old October 27, 2002, 07:27   #89
I am Ruler
Settler

Local Time: 17:47
hello me too
Old October 27, 2002, 09:36   #90
F-PRO
Call to Power II Democracy GamePtWDG Roleplay
Warlord

Local Time: 10:47