Old October 25, 2002, 08:42   #1
problem_child
Warlord

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The more I play Civ3, the better it gets, but-
Despite the fact that the game improves the more you play it, and the more ways you realise it can be played, there are still some things that would make it better still (I can't remember if this is becouse of the latest patches or not).

Off the top of my head- stacking with allies with whome you have and allegiance and a RoP agreement would be excellent, then you could have situations like the American and British bases in Germany during the cold war etc, and airbases, I know there's an addon you can get- but it would be far better to have PROPER airbases, that can also stack with Allied RoP'ed air-units.

Your thoughts generaly?

-I.
Old October 25, 2002, 09:40   #2
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
Re: The more I play Civ3, the better it gets, but-
Quote:
Originally posted by problem_child
Off the top of my head- stacking with allies with whome you have and allegiance and a RoP agreement would be excellent, then you could have situations like the American and British bases in Germany during the cold war etc, and airbases, I know there's an addon you can get- but it would be far better to have PROPER airbases, that can also stack with Allied RoP'ed air-units.
These are quite high on the players' wishlist. But rather unlikely to be introduced in any Civ3 XP ever. If we are lucky, they will be in Civ4...
Old October 25, 2002, 10:05   #3
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 05:50
Yea, those are features I really like in SMACx. I especially like entering cites of allied (Pact) factions.
Old October 25, 2002, 10:52   #4
Trifna
King

Local Time: 17:50
Agree... Would also be nice, after a war where many are implicated, to be obliged to make a "post-war treaty" where it's not only about you and the enemy, but also includes giving back territories to which it was before and all... Of course, it should be in a simple and logic/coherent way. Quite a few kinds of conditions may exist in these treaties, like after WW II towards Germany and Japan.
Old October 25, 2002, 11:03   #5
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
SMAC rules. I also would like to see this option in Civ.
Old October 25, 2002, 13:41   #6
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 04:50
Well, I would never use ally stacking with those bastard backstabbing AI civs in SP... but I can see using it in MP. What would happen if you decided to break an alliance with somebody you were stacked with, though? How would that be solved?
Old October 25, 2002, 14:03   #7
Trifna
King

Local Time: 17:50
Quote:
Originally posted by cyclotron7
Well, I would never use ally stacking with those bastard backstabbing AI civs in SP... but I can see using it in MP. What would happen if you decided to break an alliance with somebody you were stacked with, though? How would that be solved?
Same as in reality... some consequences are in the contract and you get some other people in your back (nice with many playing civilization since multi-alliances are possible).

Look at NATO. Someone braking it gets all its other members on his back: embargos, less commercial exchanges, diplomatic HUGE consequences (you'll have problem trading, get back confiance and all), even war and other revendications.