Old October 25, 2002, 09:06   #1
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Lemmings
Remember them. They were great. My penchant for killing small defenceless creatures was quelled by that game.

I enjoyed Lemmings two - the tribes far more, it was much more 'story based' with maps and individual skills. I used to play it on an old amiga... so alas I no longer have the game to reminisce.
Old October 25, 2002, 09:40   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:50
You should be able to find it somewhere
(don't know if will still run on XP machines though)

btw: I hated that lemmings 3d cr*p , what was that about
Old October 25, 2002, 09:59   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 20:50
I loved the original, but somehow lost the game and whatever originals of it I had.
They were cute with their little blue hair and their little explosive heads.
Old October 25, 2002, 10:01   #4
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Lemmings... In the times that I didn't yet have a decent computer, and all of my friends did, I remember it was their topic number one to talk about - I always wanted to play it, but never had a chance.
Old October 25, 2002, 10:18   #5
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:50
Awww... Lemmings...

Do you remember Vikings?
Old October 25, 2002, 10:41   #6
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

I think my favourite Lemming was the one with the jetpack or the mortar
Old October 25, 2002, 11:31   #7
Grumbold
Emperor

Loved the original lemmings but the maps that required single pixel accuracy at speed were just too frustrating
Old October 25, 2002, 14:07   #8
Dauphin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Awww... Lemmings...

Do you remember Vikings?
I recall the name vaguely.
Old October 25, 2002, 15:49   #9
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:50
Lemmings 1
Lemmings 2

Lemmings Chronicles

Enjoy.
Old October 25, 2002, 22:43   #10
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

There are some good games on that site (remember pitfall , raid over moscow, beach head......)
Old October 26, 2002, 09:55   #11
Dauphin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Lemmings 1
Lemmings 2

Lemmings Chronicles

Enjoy.
I downloaded it earlier. Its in DOS, and for some reason its very slow/unresponsive, the graphic quality is atrocious and the music makes my system crash. So much for nostalgia.
Old October 26, 2002, 10:26   #12
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Do you mean Lemmings 2? I downloaded it, unzipped all three zips, ran install.exe and it said L2 wasnt installed.
Old October 26, 2002, 10:27   #13
Dauphin
Deity

I downloaded it from a different site.

http://www.utahdesign.com/lemmings/downloads.html
Old October 26, 2002, 10:58   #14
Maquiladora
Emperor

Well it works now. Yeah it was kinda slow and the resolution is poop and I had to play with no sound too. I did almost finish the first level though, but i ran out of balloons and they all perished in a pile of blue and green pixels.
Old October 26, 2002, 11:15   #15
alva
Deity

set your xp in win98 compatibility mode, that might help

right click on the exe. file--->properties---->compatibility mode
Old October 26, 2002, 13:23   #16
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

You can always download an SNES emulator and get the roms for those games if you want.
Old October 26, 2002, 14:08   #17
Dauphin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Well it works now. Yeah it was kinda slow and the resolution is poop and I had to play with no sound too. I did almost finish the first level though, but i ran out of balloons and they all perished in a pile of blue and green pixels.
Use the canon!
Old October 29, 2002, 09:39   #18
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Lemmings 2: The tribes has to be one of my all time favourite games. I spent hours playing this on my Amiga, though I never did finish sports 10.
Old October 29, 2002, 20:25   #19
Tau Ceti
King

Is that the one where you have to make bridges by throwing javelins and hitting exactly on the end of the last one?
Old October 29, 2002, 20:34   #20
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

The very same

It is probably the most frustating level of any game ever. I actually broke a mouse after flawlessly executing the first few bridges (you had to be pretty much perfect because of lack of guys that could make bridges) and screwing up one of the final spears.
Old October 29, 2002, 20:58   #21
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Awww, Lemmings...

It's easy to forget how frustrating a game can be.

-Homer Simpson
Old October 30, 2002, 03:25   #22
The Pioneer
Prince

I still play Lemmings on my Palm. I played them on the PC and GB before they were very good games but not mya all time favorite.

So long....
Old October 30, 2002, 08:32   #23
Drew Dude
Settler

Local Time: 09:50
Was Lemmings 2 the one where you could also get a gold, silver and bronze rating for each level.
Old November 1, 2002, 13:37   #24
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pioneer
I still play Lemmings on my Palm. I played them on the PC and GB before they were very good games but not mya all time favorite.
Where can you get a hold of a Palm version!?

It's a fun game every once and a while, and to play it portably would be great!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 2, 2002, 12:17   #25
pg
Prince

Local Time: 04:50
all the lemming games were good until they started to change so much stuff... i just wanted more levels w/ the same gameplay. king arthur's world for snes was kinda lemmingish. took me forever to beat that.
Old November 4, 2002, 10:25   #26
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Lemmings...just mentioning it, brings back some memories...good memories

Too bad, they haven't made any good lemmings game since Lemmings 2...and too bad it wont run on my computer (I have tried two different OS)

When they deside to make another Lemmings game, they should go back to the roots: No 3D (unless they deside to put more money in the game, than they did to the last couple of Lemmings games...)

I like the idea of having to control two different "teams" of Lemmings, in a level, and I really like the idea, there's several different types of Lemmings (normal Lemmings and water Lemmings)

But I don't like Lemmings in 3D, it's takes too much time to code, and very difficult to make user friendly...and I don't like the idea, they made in Lemmings Revolution, were the map size is the same, no matter which level

What I'd like to see in a future Lemming game, is MP ability...they had only MP in Lemmings (1) AFAIR, would be nice if they included it again, since it was fun...would also be great to have a MP game, were the goal wasn't to get your Lemmings from beginning to end, but instead, a game, were there's no (physical) goal (Anyone remember the practice levels in Lemmings 2?), but instead have a goal, were you should simply just make the other Lemmings "History"...with other words: "Get rid of them"

In Lemmings 2, you had several "weapons" like spear and bazooka, they could simply just add a function, were you could kill (oh, NO ) other teams Lemmings, by throwing a spear at them, or shoot a bazooka...

In such games, a bazooka could really do some hurting to the enemy (if a bazooka could kill all Lemmings nearby)...and you know how bad a practice level (In Lemming 2) could look like, after having played for some time...now imagine 4 players (with 100 Lemmings each) fight each other until there's one winner...it's going to look like a warzone
Old November 4, 2002, 11:59   #27
Drew Dude
Settler

Well we know where Worms came from now. I'm just wondering how the constant movement of 100 Lemmings would play if you had to tackle another opponet who also had 100 Lemmings constanly in motion. My guess is that your brain would start hurting very quickly.
Old November 4, 2002, 13:10   #28
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

The Vikings?
are you referring to the game which vaguely resembled Sid Meier's Pirates?
Old November 4, 2002, 13:15   #29
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Dude
Well we know where Worms came from now. I'm just wondering how the constant movement of 100 Lemmings would play if you had to tackle another opponet who also had 100 Lemmings constanly in motion. My guess is that your brain would start hurting very quickly.
Ok, sure, 100 Lemmings, might be too much, but how about just 20 Lemmings per team
Old November 4, 2002, 13:18   #30
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Dude
That would be part of the fun!

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...