Old October 26, 2002, 14:51   #1
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 01:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Have Patches changed the value of selling Science?
I've always found selling techs a valuable strategy. Although I've come up with a mathematically rigourous formula for how profitable selling science before the patches, I want to make sure I can come up with the right formula so I can create a thread about the strategy for the Democracy game.
realpolitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2002, 16:50   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.29 changed science's value, both in the way difficulty levels changed the beakers to research a tech, and in how valuable techs are to buy/sell. Techs are worth MUCH more under 1.29.

But, since the demogame uses 1.21, I assume your formula would still apply. Except for a few tweaks to the individual value of techs (which wouldn't change your formula anyway), I don't think there was much change to science in pre-1.29 patches.