Old October 26, 2002, 22:56   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Announcement
Due to unseen circumstances I am going to be quite gone for some time. For the foreseeable future, at least.

I may be able to get online at work now and again, but have had some unusual demands there as well.

So, for at least the next two weeks there will be no Gazette lest Donal Graeme or someone else can do one. Please colaborate between yourselves, though. Next one should be XXV, and mark the 2500 year anniversary. Whomever has full authority to write what they wish.

In the $ mini-game, I wish for adaMada to accept and manage my estates. If he is unable to, I authorize Ghengis to oversee them. Whomever does it I authorize 10% per turn for the work. Instructions are to bid on any new vassals, and acquire Epistax's tile when they foreclose in a few turns. Just keep making books till then, and build another shoppe somewhere, if the literature demand increases over 6, build another bookstore as well. If it climbs over 8, build another paper press and bindery. And keep running Ulfias at the races.

Also, it is imperitive that someone take up the NewZupdate lest the gOdZ become angry again. There is one due basically now, then each week till I return.

Can someone PM all these folks mentioned, and bump this for a day or so, please?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 27, 2002, 00:12   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:55
I see it.

I'll start picking up the newZupdates -- though it might be another few days before the overdue one is done, I'll get something to the gOdz. (If anyone else wants to do this one (or any others), let me know – they can be fun to do, but I have no practice as a journalist, so I’m not all that good at writing them).

On the Gazette -- Honestly, I find doing it very hard. Having said that, I will do my utmost to see that the Gazette does not end here, and will make the fullest effort possible to ensure that something comes out for the 2500-year anniversary. Hopefully others will be able to help, and we can pull through with an edition in the fullest spirit of the Jungle Gazette. (Does anyone know what in-game year the 2500 edition will be need to be published?) [EDIT: Is the next one we publish the 2500 year edition, or is it tied to an in-game date?]

In the $-minigame: To be perfectly frank, I have no knowledge of UnOrthO's estates, or even how well he's doing in general. Having said that, I will do my best to manage his estates, hopefully with help from Ghengis. May UnOrthO return to find a thriving, well-managed plantation.

Lastly, though it is not mentioned here, plans were made for a regular discussion group. I would like to vow my support for this project, and say that it will continue. Though it may now be a bit longer before we can get this going, I promise that the Debate group will continue, in the full spirit and glory that it was planned.

UnOrthO,
The contributions you have made to this game will not be forgotten. You will go down in the History Books of Apolytonia as one of the greatest movers and shakers of our civilization -- and on behalf of Apolytonians everywhere, I want to thank you for your dedicated work. You have seen what lacked, and you have brought it. You’ve seen what was needed, and you’ve created it. I have been honored to have the chance to work with you, and I wish you the best of luck. May your endeavors prove fruitful, and may the great successes you’ve had in this game continue with you into real life.

-- adaMada
Old October 27, 2002, 00:43   #3
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:55
I can take up quite a bit of the Gazette load if I could get at least one (maybe two) people to help me with ideas on stories, updates, etc. I've done this sort of thing before for the high school and college newspapers, and would be happy to continue in the tradition that Unorthodox leaves
Old October 27, 2002, 00:45   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
In the $-minigame: To be perfectly frank, I have no knowledge of UnOrthO's estates, or even how well he's doing in general. Having said that, I will do my best to manage his estates, hopefully with help from Ghengis. May UnOrthO return to find a thriving, well-managed plantation.

-- adaMada
Uh oh.

UnOrthOdOx's publishing empire in the south and adaMada's growing alchohol monopoly in the north merged?

All you need now is to form a cartel with =OptimusCeasar= and Jonny and it'll pretty much divide Mingapulco into two seperated Merchant Blocks..........
Old October 27, 2002, 00:46   #5
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I need a new Deputy UN Rep.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 27, 2002, 00:51   #6
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Sorry you have to leave Unortho, I hope everything is alright with you in "RL". You're contributions here have been enormous, and I'm sure the Gazette will carry on. We'll miss your input though.
Old October 27, 2002, 00:57   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

God speed to you on your journeys, and back to us.
Old October 27, 2002, 11:38   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Hopefully others will be able to help, and we can pull through with an edition in the fullest spirit of the Jungle Gazette. (Does anyone know what in-game year the 2500 edition will be need to be published?) [EDIT: Is the next one we publish the 2500 year edition, or is it tied to an in-game date?]
Gazette began in 1730 BC, 770 AD is 2500 years

Thank you all for assisting.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 27, 2002, 12:59   #9
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 10:55
I'm sorry to see that you leave (or keep your involvement low), Although i'm pretty new here, It came to me that you are one of the strongest "glues" that keep this community together.

Meshellic- I'd love to help you with the gazzete, i'll PM you about the next issue, and we'll see how it goes from there.
Old October 28, 2002, 12:42   #10
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:55
I too will be gone for the foreseeable future.

I will no longer have internet acess where I live but will drop by anytime I can.

I have much enjoyed my time in the demo game and wish you all the best for the future.

thanks and goodbye

OPD
Old October 28, 2002, 15:16   #11
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Goodbye OPD the game has truly lost 2 giants with you and unortho gone.
Aggie
Old October 28, 2002, 16:33   #12
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
I too will be gone for the foreseeable future.

I will no longer have internet acess where I live but will drop by anytime I can.

I have much enjoyed my time in the demo game and wish you all the best for the future.

thanks and goodbye

OPD
Another sad departure.

OPD, you have enriched the game. You helped to create this truely wonderful community, and I thank you. I too wish you the best for the future, and hope that you may return to lead us again some day.

-- adaMada
Old October 28, 2002, 17:25   #13
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Maybe I should dust off my pen and help with the Gazette...lets see, where is that feather duster.

Oh...Un & OPD good luck, hope to see you soon.
Old October 28, 2002, 18:45   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:55
UnOrthO - we have much to thank you for so far in this game - the Directory and a truly excellent term as VP.

I too have much to thank you for. Without you, I would not have run for President, and should I have become Prez anyway, the term would have been a disaster. You helped whenever I needed it, sometimes when I didn't even realise I needed it!

Thank you for covering my ass for a week or so when, right at the start of my term, my computer had a seizure and I could only post from elsewhere, without game access.

Thank you for the Directory, that still graces our forum and provides much help to beleagured Executive members.

And above all thanks for all the fun. I'll miss you, and can only hope that you will drop in and say hi every now and again.

See you around.

OPD - such a great Presidency you had - I thought mine was pretty hot for a while with one GL and one Wonder - you easily beat that! You took the successes of my term and consolidated them, turned them into outstanding successes, setting us up very nicely for this term.

I don't think I could have done that - I would have likely cracked under the pressure! And through it all, I think you maintained your cool, your level-headedness and your sense of humour. What more can be asked for from a President? I consider it a privilege to have been succeeded by you and to have succeeded you. Without your achievements, the 3rd term would not look so good in hindsight, and this term would not be nearly so golden looking. We are top of the world, and we owe you a sizeable amount for that.

So long, OPD - come and visit us when you can.

WIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 28, 2002, 21:46   #15
Meshelic
King

Two titans of this game leaving. This is gonna be an interesting term 5.....

Old October 28, 2002, 22:09   #16
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

OPD is leaving too? geesh...

Well, I suppose OPD did make it pretty clear a week or two ago that he was likely to be leaving in the near future - so that's not so much of a shock.

But still.... this is hard, losing both OPD and Unortho. Though we can always hope that both losses will be purely temporary
Old October 28, 2002, 23:10   #17
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

So long you two I hope you get back soon till then you'll be missed.
Old October 29, 2002, 05:30   #18
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 19:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
So long you two I hope you get back soon till then you'll be missed.
Hi, they will have to return when they get to the edge, you know that we are in the center don't you

Good luck both, hope to see you again soon.