Old October 27, 2002, 02:03   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gazette Staff
This thread is for those interested in helping out to release the bi-weekly (or weekly?) Apolyton Gazette, which Unorthodox recently informed us that he won't be able to do for an unknown length of time.

I would be willing to volunteer for editor if no one else wants to, at least until Unorthodox returns, and Adamada is seems that you might have interest in this project as well..? I'm sure there are others who would like to be a part of this. as for me, I am VERY interested in helping out with this.

If this great project falls apart due to Unorthodox's leave of absence then that would be a true pity, as I believe (as I'm sure many of you do) that it is a creative and very entertaining part of our democracy game.

So, if you're interested and would like to volunteer to help out wherever possible, then post here. I also hope this thread can be devoted to discussing what to do and also serve as an outlet for anyone's ideas here.

Thanks!
Meshelic
Naval Co-SMC, Shadow Service Captain

Last edited by Meshelic; October 27, 2002 at 04:36.
Old October 27, 2002, 04:50   #2
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:55
A reasonnable ambition would be the weekly issue; anyway that was the new stance adopted by Uno.
Old October 27, 2002, 05:00   #3
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Old October 27, 2002, 05:25   #4
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

adaMada,

The first issue was dated July 13, 1725. We are in 770, that makes 2495. The next issue will celebrate the 2500th anniversary.

The last issue was numbered XXVI, the next should be XXVII, and not XXV.
Old October 27, 2002, 10:03   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:55
Davout,
I know, but maybe UnOrthO wanted us to 'jump' to XXV for the 2500 edition? Honestly, I'm not sure...

All
I am willing to help to the best of my ability, either as a manager/editor or as a writer. To be very honest, I find writing such things hard, and I've just taken on a lot of new stuff which'll also suck up time where I'd otherwise be writing. Having said that, I want to see UnOrthO's creation go on, and will do anything and everything in my power to ensure that it continues. If that means sitting down and writing articles, or editing/publishing the Gazette, or creating special graphical features -- I will do whatever is necessary to see the continued success of our wonderful newspaper.

-- adaMada
Old October 27, 2002, 11:40   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
NO, my mistake in numbering, apparantly, I was going right out of memory, and under stress. Whatever numbr is next. Thank you Meshelic, and I will try to get time at work to write a welcome letter, as is custmary for new editors.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 27, 2002, 13:07   #7
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'd really like to be a part of this,
Ideas for the next issue aren't hard to come by, and i'd be happy to be a writer.

So, when is our next staff meeting?
Old October 27, 2002, 17:05   #8
Meshelic
King

Okay as far as I can tell we have

Zeit (as journalist)
Adamada (as potential publisher/journalist)
and myself acting as editor and journalist

I've asked that Aro and GhenghisFarb contribute to this anniversary edition in hopes that they can bring some much needed graphical entertainment to the new issue, but as of yet do not know if they can do it.

I've sought out Arnelos's help as well for any column he might be able to write, and would like to see Togas write section on his diplomatic journeys.

We'll see how it goes guys, so far I think we have the potential for a great lineup this issue
Thanks to all volunteers and those who might be willing to help out!
Old October 27, 2002, 19:20   #9
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 20:55
I'd be happy to assist. I'm Unorthodox's equivalent in the ACDG, and there's no reason I couldn't do the same here. Either through occasional articles, or even taking over one of the bi-weekly editions - I'd be happy to do it.
Old October 28, 2002, 01:15   #10
Meshelic
King

When was Unorthodox's deadline for this? Should we rush and try to release on time, or should we delay a little due to the circumstances?
Old October 28, 2002, 03:55   #11
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 20:55
I'm not sure.
Anyway, do you want my assistance?
Old October 28, 2002, 08:54   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Deadline WAS Saturday. Just make a good one, don't rush and lose quality, there are a few issues I did that, and I am unhappy with them. Better to wait and make a good one.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 28, 2002, 10:52   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Weekly is fine.

Meshelic, were you planning to continue the E-mail version as well? If so, I can send to the letterhead and mailing list.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 28, 2002, 16:30   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

UnOrthO,
Go ahead and send to me if Meshelic doesn't get back to you; I don't think yahoo supports embedding pictures directly into the e-mail, but I'll try to start sending something directly to the subscribers. (If nothing else, a link to the forum page until we can get things rolling). Hopefully, we'll have something pretty nice within a few weeks.

-- adaMada
Old October 28, 2002, 16:45   #15
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
Count me in as a part time contributer. RL has me swamped as I am trying to finish construction prior to winter conditions.......... but am still lurking and trying to contribute here and there.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 28, 2002, 17:37   #16
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I have been too busy to write recently (several hundred years I guess), but its about time I start to do some more writing....

any idea of what you want covered this time around?

I haven't seen a recent saved game, 'll try and look at it tonight or should I write an adventure story?

Anyway, suggestions for what you want....else I'll grasp at some straws.
Old October 28, 2002, 18:05   #17
Meshelic
King

Unorthodox, send the list to Adamada. I believe he's handling the publishing aspect of it, while I am organizing all the loose ends and collecting articles from the journalists.

I can say though without leaking anything that there will be an article regarding our discovery of the lost civs, hopefully some cartoons, and our probable mobilization for war, as well as a handful of others....

Last edited by Meshelic; October 28, 2002 at 23:04.
Old October 28, 2002, 18:07   #18
Meshelic
King

oops...

Last edited by Meshelic; October 28, 2002 at 23:02.
Old October 28, 2002, 18:33   #19
adaMada
King

If anyone's interested in writing the newZupdate this week, since I'm totally swamped and one's wayy overdue, then let me know. I understand it's not quite as glamorous as the Gazette , but it does get your name on the newspage, and it shouldn't be hard to come up with content for this one -- the last one we had was during Term 5 elections!

If no one can do it, I can sit down and write one -- but if anyone'd like to have a try with a fairly easy edition, that'd be great.

-- adaMada
Old October 28, 2002, 23:05   #20
Meshelic
King

PM myself or adaMada if you have an idea for an article for this issue and would like to write it. We've covered a few areas here and would like to see what more we can put into this...
Old October 28, 2002, 23:14   #21
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
PM myself or adaMada if you have an idea for an article for this issue and would like to write it. We've covered a few areas here and would like to see what more we can put into this...
Article suggestions: NewCon X 2, Sheik's appointment as judge, UnOrthO leaving (would probably be a bit of text surrounding his goodbye message, so wouldn't be that big), OPD leaving, plus anything else you can think of . I'll probably write any of these that aren't submitted (or at least any I think that need to go in), but if anyone wants to sit down and write them, they probably wouldn't be that hard. I'd do NewCon myself, but I've done two other articles on it and I'm running out of things to say .
Old October 29, 2002, 10:36   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

ada, I will get you the Subscriber list tonight, I got to add a few to it, it seems.

Also, ada, Meshelic, whomever actually is posting the thing, try to get a link to the subscriber list in each edition. I just always had a link to the subscription and the most recent edition in my sig, but perhaps right in the edition itself would be better?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 29, 2002, 11:54   #23
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
ada & Mesh- I can do something for this week, probably something regarding the new con as well as a former CP's perspective of how well this game is going. PM and let me know, as it will probably be on thursday or friday at teh earliest.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 29, 2002, 16:25   #24
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
ada, I will get you the Subscriber list tonight, I got to add a few to it, it seems.

Also, ada, Meshelic, whomever actually is posting the thing, try to get a link to the subscriber list in each edition. I just always had a link to the subscription and the most recent edition in my sig, but perhaps right in the edition itself would be better?
Gotcha . I'll figure it out, and promise not to do what I did with the directory (change your format to that extreme ).

-- adaMada
Old October 29, 2002, 16:25   #25
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
ada & Mesh- I can do something for this week, probably something regarding the new con as well as a former CP's perspective of how well this game is going. PM and let me know, as it will probably be on thursday or friday at teh earliest.

GK
I honestly don't know the deadline, as Mesh has been handing out assignments, but I have no problem in hanging on an extra day or two to get a better edition. We're already late, so we might as well make the most of it and ensure that we've got the best issue possible . Still, Mesh has contacted most of the other authors, he probably knows the timeframe better than I do...

-- adaMada
Old October 29, 2002, 21:05   #26
Meshelic
King

As it stands there is no set deadline, I'd like to get it done soon however, possibly during this upcoming week, if not sooner. But I would prefer to release a really good edition as opposed to something that was rushed. So there will be no deadline yet until adaMada and I have gathered more here.

Quote:

GK
Sounds great GK, go ahead and PM me with what you might have in mind.
Old October 29, 2002, 22:04   #27
adaMada
King

Coming from the last chat, I have a list of new events to be covered.

1) Golden Age
2) War with France
3) New Techs (Metallurgy, Physics, and Military Tradition)
4) Contact with Japan (part of another article?)

Again, PM me or Meshelic if you can write any.

-- adaMada