Old November 3, 2002, 22:21   #61
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 11:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
On Friday, I can only be there from ~20.00h-23.30h (exact times depending on the time tables of public transport to and in Utrecht). Saturday and Sunday I can in theory be there all day.
One of them "Weekend-OV-guys", eh?

I can play it flexible too:

I will be going to the fair on Friday the 22nd, it would be easier for me then if I could then just stay in Utrecht for the meeting.
However, I can split up both activities as well: I can only go to the fair on Friday, and attend the meeting on Sunday the 24th. [Saturday is a no-go for me.]
Old November 4, 2002, 03:29   #62
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

No, I have a "week OV", I would actually prefer a weekday but, like I said before, I have an exam on Friday afternoon. So the idea is that if we meet on Friday, I make the exam, rush to the nearest McDonalds or whatever to quickly eat something (I'll die if I don't get to eat between 12:00 and 20:00) and then rush to the train station to catch the first train to Utrecht. Most probably that will mean I'll be on Utrecht CS around 19.45-20.15 (assuming I'll need the full 4 hours for that exam)...
Old November 4, 2002, 07:29   #63
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by CapTVK
Man, talk about negativity, and that's only the local crowd!

Quote:
Didn't you read what I said earlier? I said we could meet at the HCC or afterwards. That would be somewhere after 18:00, we could all meet at a local restaurant. Unless I hear some good suggestions I'll decide which restaurant it's gonna be.

But at this point I would like to decide set a date for the meeting itself. Individuals can always meet me at the fair.
I'm not familiar with Utrecht at all, so I can't give any suggestions as far as that's concerned... And I'm still not sure if I can be there.
Old November 4, 2002, 13:31   #64
germanos
King

I can make it friday too. around 8 seems a good time as well.
Old November 4, 2002, 14:27   #65
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Vraagje, waarom deze thread in het Engels?
Old November 4, 2002, 14:58   #66
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:56
Quote:
Originally posted by atawa
damit auch die deutschen, die direkt an der grenze wohnen alles verstehen
Old November 4, 2002, 15:42   #67
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Because its not allowed to be in Dutch.

Edict of the management. English is the only permissable language because of moderation problems. Other languages have dispensations (such as the Spanish forum, and the Suomithreadi)
Old November 4, 2002, 15:43   #68
Dauphin
Deity

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...04#post1376604
Old November 4, 2002, 17:58   #69
CapTVK
Civilization II MultiplayerPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
King

Local Time: 09:56
Quote:
Originally posted by germanos
I can make it friday too. around 8 seems a good time as well.

Good, we're starting to see a general agreement on friday 22 nov. Unless there's a major shift in opinion I'll pick that date. I'll try and find an easy to find and suitable location for the meet. It will be somewhere close to Utrecht central station.

No, it won't be in a McScrooge or a BurgerPeasant..just a regular cafe/restaurant
Old November 5, 2002, 16:59   #70
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Well I hope the attendance is going to be up to it, and remember, in my position, I can make last minute plans to get over there and should be able to sort something out about accommodation one way or another if I do.

I will watch this space

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old November 6, 2002, 11:22   #71
Bas
Prince

Still not sure, but it's very well possible that I'll come. Friday evening sounds fine with me, I'll probably come a bit later though (weekend OV+a 2 hour trip, so around 21:00). PH, in principle, you're welcome to stay at my place, but I'm afraid that's a bit out of the way as well. We'll have to stay at either Texel (in that case we have to make it an all-nighter, so not really an option), or in Groningen, but that's about 2 hours away from Utrecht, and I'm not sure if there are any night trains. I guess not, but I'll check.
Old November 6, 2002, 11:31   #72
Bas
Prince

The options are leaving at 23:52, or leaving at 5:10. What are the actual plans for the meet, though?
Old November 6, 2002, 12:41   #73
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Friday evening 8ish sounds okay to me. The options for leaving are about the same for me as for Bas, but I think a meet of about 3-4 hours is long enough so that should be okay

Is the idea that we'll just meet or will we have dinner together? (CapTVK mentioned a restaurant) That's rather important for me to know, it considerably impacts my travel plans...
Old November 6, 2002, 13:05   #74
Zopperoni
Emperor

Well, dinner together would be nice. Cap and I will be in the Jaarbeurs (I almost typed "Haarbeurs" o_O) all day, so we'll be looking for some place to eat after that anyway I suppose.
Old November 6, 2002, 20:49   #75
Provost Harrison
Deity

Hmmm, I may leave it for now if things are not going to be concrete. Besides, I will get a proper poly meeting sorted out over there and get as many people from here to go there, SD is certainly up for it.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old November 6, 2002, 22:56   #76
Dauphin
Deity

I am at that. A leave on Friday come back Sunday would be my ideal, with a Poly meet on the Saturday.

Ecthelion said that he may have been able to arrange something, but he has disappeared off the face of the fora.
Old November 7, 2002, 09:55   #77
Mercator
Emperor

Make it dinner at 20:00 on Friday the 22nd in a meeting-suitable restaurant.

My latest connection would be around midnight as well.

I'm still not quite sure whether I will be there, though, but the chances are increasing... Especially if I'll see some different faces from last year (i.e. people other than CapTVK, Paul and Zopperoni)!!

I will know tomorrow if I can accomodate anyone from abroad (there'd be plenty of space for several, I guess). Not too much out of the way (compared to Groningen anyway ).
Old November 7, 2002, 10:05   #78
Bas
Prince

What's wrong with Groningen or Texel?
Old November 7, 2002, 11:19   #79
Locutus
Deity

Well Mercator, although I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or more cancellations, at the moment it would appear that germanos, atawa, Hueij, Lemmy and I all plan on coming (and maybe Bas too), in additon to you, Zop and CapTVK, so plenty of new people to meet, I would say

And now we have a date and time settled, perhaps it will be easier to convince more people to come? A little promotion on the other forums wouldn't do any harm With 89 people using a Dutch flag (and a few other Dutchies using other or no flags), we should be able to convince a few more to attend I've already been promoting this meeting on the CtP2 forums and I'll try the CtP1 forums next, but unfortunately there aren't many Dutch people there But if we would all leave behind a few links to this thread (plus a time and place of the meeting) in the forums we normally post in, that might attract a few more people. Too bad most of us seem to be Civ2ers and OTers though (with me being the only CtPer), it would be nice to have some Civ3ers and SMACers attend as well...
Old November 7, 2002, 19:48   #80
Mercator
Emperor

Well, I have place for one or two (or more, if you don't care about privacy and convenience ) so SD and PH, you're most welcome.

Quote:
I am at that. A leave on Friday come back Sunday would be my ideal, with a Poly meet on the Saturday.
OK, consider it a CGN meet then, would that be alright on Friday?
Old November 8, 2002, 14:25   #81
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
No nighttrain

So the meeting is going ahead on friday then?
Old November 8, 2002, 16:22   #82
CapTVK
King

So the date is set :
Quote:
Utrecht
Friday 22nd of nov
20:00 CET
Well I've narrowed the choice to a couple of restaurants. They're all located on or around jaarbeursplein

On the menu we have.....

De Marketier, Jaarbeursplein 6 :
This was the original meeting site for last year. Quite a decent restaurant/cafe. I think some of the other posters can vouch for that.

Diner 66, Jaarbeursplein 31:
If you enter the Jaarbeurs square from the station you'll see this straight away. If you haven't guessed already this is a restaurant done the fashion of a 50's American diner. With a similar menu to boot (hamburgers,steak etc...). And I do like hamburgers (as long as they're not from McScrooge ).

The Copperfield Pub, Jaarbeurstraverse 11:
Also closeby, just 25 meters next to the Beatrix theatre. Haven't checked this restaurant/pub myself, but hey. Which such a cool name it must be right! Right!?

I'll give you gentlemen till sunday to give your preference. Otherwise the "chef" will do it for you!

Last edited by CapTVK; November 8, 2002 at 16:28.
Old November 8, 2002, 16:31   #83
CapTVK
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bas

Better luck next year....!
Old November 8, 2002, 19:27   #84
CapTVK
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

And now we have a date and time settled, perhaps it will be easier to convince more people to come? A little promotion on the other forums wouldn't do any harm With 89 people using a Dutch flag (and a few other Dutchies using other or no flags), we should be able to convince a few more to attend I've already been promoting this meeting on the CtP2 forums and I'll try the CtP1 forums next, but unfortunately there aren't many Dutch people there But if we would all leave behind a few links to this thread (plus a time and place of the meeting) in the forums we normally post in, that might attract a few more people. Too bad most of us seem to be Civ2ers and OTers though (with me being the only CtPer), it would be nice to have some Civ3ers and SMACers attend as well...
Locutus,

There's also a Gamexpo being organized in combination with the HCC dagen. Perhaps this will attract a few of the newbies.

http://www.gamexpo.nl/nl/index.html

Quote:
HCC Days and GAMEXPO Join Hands
Houten, June 6, 2002

The successful HCC Days program will have an even larger appeal this year. GAMEXPO, the event for interactive entertainment will be held at the same time as HCC Days. GAMEXPO serves an expanding group of professionals in the entertainment industry as well as gamers in the Benelux region. Visitors can find everything they want to know about the latest games, consoles, devices, and home entertainment units. With over 100,000 visitors, HCC Days is the largest consumer trade show for computers in the Benelux region.

“HCC Days has been successful for years,” says Ronald van Rooden, Manager of HCC. “But with our own gaming magazines such as PC Zone, GameQuest, and PlayNation, HCC had become increasingly involved with the rapidly expanding group of everyday computer users. Therefore, the idea behind GAMEXPO is completely compatible with our mission to offer the best information to every computer user in the Netherlands. Thanks to our collaboration with GAMEXPO, the HCC Days will now become all-inclusive.”

“GAMEXPO is a trade show full of life, entertainment and interaction,” says Marc Liethof, Managing Director of GAMEXPO B.V. “Our collaboration with HCC Days provides computer users with a broad forum of topical themes and popular events.”

HCC Days/GAMEXPO 2002 will be held on November 22, 23, and 24 in the Jaarbeurs, Utrecht and will be open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

Quote:
Het gaat goed met de voorbereidingen van GAMEXPO 2002, het evenement voor interactive entertainment, gepland op vrijdag 22, zaterdag 23 en zondag 24 november 2002 in de Jaarbeurs te Utrecht. Er zijn inmiddels van een groot aantal bedrijven zeer veel positieve reacties, inschrijvingen en opties op de expositieruimte binnengekomen. Vooral door de ervaren GAMEXPO organisatie en de ondersteuning van uitgever HCC Games (PC Zone, PlayNation en GameQuest) en gamecommunities Gameparty.net en Ducyco hebben veel bedrijven vertrouwen in het beursconcept.

Op de GAMEXPO staat de gamerslifestyle centraal waarbij de focus natuurlijk op games ligt. De bezoeker vindt er echter ook alle andere aanverwante producten en diensten die in zijn of haar beleveniswereld passen. Zo komt de bezoeker in contact met de nieuwste ontwikkelingen in electronic entertainment zoals home cinema, film en anime, maar ook populaire game gerelateerde onderwerpen als gadgets, internet, hard- en software en mobiele telefonie zijn natuurlijk ruimschoots aanwezig ” aldus Paul Hanraets van GAMEXPO B.V.
Old November 8, 2002, 19:35   #85
Zopperoni
Emperor

Diner 66 sounds good, Cap.
Old November 9, 2002, 05:58   #86
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Friday evening...don't think i'll be able to make it, maybe next time...
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old November 10, 2002, 17:41   #87
CapTVK
King

Diner 66 it is then...would everyone try and spread the word around and link this on the other forums? I would love to see some new faces.
Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer
Old November 10, 2002, 17:52   #88
atawa
King

Question, where is 'jaarbeursplein' ?

I'm only used to using Utrecht CS as transitstation.
Old November 10, 2002, 19:04   #89
Zopperoni
Emperor

Quote:
Question, where is 'jaarbeursplein' ?

I'm only used to using Utrecht CS as transitstation.
I think it's the big "plein" you see when you exit Utrecht CS at the Jaarbeurs exit.

If it's easier for people, Cap and I can wait for people at Utrecht CS and we'll all just walk to the restaurant together.
Old November 10, 2002, 19:54   #90
Provost Harrison
Deity

Well I am not going to be able to do this, but in due course I will be launching a thread for a proper poly meeting in Amsterdam, sometime around easter?