Old October 28, 2002, 10:08   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 04:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Apolyton Empire: Idea Discussion
Okay, i got this idea yesterday, and i'm ready to post it, with a map as well, muhaha

Idea:

This game (nes, sd, interactive story, whatever) will be base on the civilization 3 universe. The world we start on will be called Apolyton, with all the civilizations available, including the coming Play the World ones... plus one civlization called Apolyton, base on this forum, and its structure.

All players will play under with the Apolyton Empire and the level of authourity and ranks will be base on the amount of posts the player as done in this forum... so the more posts in comparison to other players, the higher your rank in the Apolyton Empire, either in the military, politics, economy, or populace in general. This is mainly a starting rank, so won't limit you to much in the game. Only time where it does is that someone with a higher post then you want's your position/rank within the Apolyton Empire, well it will be taken by them in some form, roleplaying style, like an election, a duel, chosen by the leader, and so on.

This will be mainly roleplaying base, where players get to be part of different aspects of the Apolyton civilization...where there seem to be an higher rate of immortals (the players) then other civilizations and have a strange hierarchy (base on the amount of posts). This is roleplaying base, so won't be limited to an actual game being played in Civ3 like the Democracy games...and can be any form of government, chosen by the majority of starting players, muhahaha. Want another government instead? Well be the leader of the faction within the Apolyton Empire with the ideals. Or simply try to declare independence from the empire with a few cities, or whatever. so much intrigue and fun, no?

the other civilizations are just non-player civs which the Apolyton Empire will interact with on the World of Apolyton, base on the game called civilization 3 and the Apolyton Forums...to summarize it a bit.

what do you people think? I'll do the organization, with the help of any volunteers, to have this game started and then keep it going. Don't worry, this doesn't guerantee me as being the leader of the empire, or some other high rank...unless my post count allows it, lol.

this game should be realistic within the context of the civilization 3, but there can still be some comedic fun ...especially between players, lol

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 10:37   #2
Mellian
Queen

APOLYTON EMPIRE

Players that joined so far:

-Mellian with 1233 posts

The Government Positions available:

Moderator (Leader of the Empire)
Vice-Moderator (Second in Command of the Empire)
Domestic Advisor
Trade Advisor
Military Advisor
Foreign Advisor
Cultural Advisor
Science Advisor
Governor (in-charge of some city)

other government positions depends on the form of government we decide on.

Some Military Positions after the Military Advisor possibilities:

General (there may be more then one, who are incharge of an Army, or a peticular military branch, or responsible for the forces in a peticular sector or city)

Admiral (they may be more then one, who are responsible for a fleet of ships or some other naval related branch)

Colonel (in command of a peticular military unit, which equals to a regiment)

Major (in command of a Battalion within a military ground unit)

Commodore (in command of a task force of naval ships)

Captain (in command of a naval ship or a Company within a Battalion of a military ground unit)

...and so on.

A civ can have more then one Army in this game, just to say... who are lead by a higher rank General. The military ranks may change a bit or not, depending on the kind of government and what age we will start in.

Game Settings and to-do list before game can start:

-figure out the top positions of the Empire, which depends on how many players are interested to join

-Decide in what Age the game should start in: early to late Ancient Age, Medieval Age, Industrial Age or Modern Age? (if enough people are interested, can also start a similar game base on alpha centauri at AC- Fiction)

-Decide on the kind of government we want, which depends on what age we start in

will post the starting map sometime today, once i can clean it up again and figure it out a way to place it here... or link it to some webpage.

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 10:43   #3
Mellian
Queen

For those who created new accounts and abandoned a previous one where you had a high post count, contact MarkG or DanQ, so they can merge the old post count into your newer account... aslong as the old account is still part of the database anyway... just wanted to mention, as thats what Dan as done for me, lol

also, not interested in starting out in being the leader of the empire when this game starts... doesn't look good in my opinion.

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 12:23   #4
Mellian
Queen

For those who created new accounts and abandoned a previous one where you had a high post count, contact MarkG or DanQ, so they can merge the old post count into your newer account... aslong as the old account is still part of the database anyway... just wanted to mention, as thats what Dan as done for me, lol

also, not interested in starting out in being the leader of the empire when this game starts... doesn't look good in my opinion.

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 13:51   #5
Mellian
Queen

may as well show the map before doing much with it. the white box desginates where Apolyton Empire should start, but will accept the decision of the majority of players.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ae1.gif
Views:	89
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	27999  
Old October 28, 2002, 13:53   #6
Mellian
Queen

Would be nice if people can comment on the game then simply giving it a bad rating gives me a better idea wether this is a good idea or not.

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 14:22   #7
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:57
Sounds like a demo game (except it's not democratic)/NES mix.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old October 28, 2002, 16:00   #8
Mellian
Queen

yes, in a way

but there won't be any polls, and unlike the demo games, it is focus more on the roleplaying.

don't like the current government? well start a rebellion! or simply form some party. Want to personally be part of a battle, then simply watching, or reading about... then be a Colonel and lead a Unit for the glory of the empire!

and so on. One player can directly influence the empire, instead of voting in a series of polls or required to be elected. a player can do more then what you can do in civ3, then the democratic games, or even the nes.

anyway, also for creative writing fun. how would the Apolyton civilization be like, based on the Apolyton Forums, and runned by the players, hmm?

-Mellian
Old October 28, 2002, 16:45   #9
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 05:57
sounds fun. i will give it a try.
Old October 28, 2002, 17:59   #10
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'll join, and right now I have ~3100 posts.

BTW, is the map random or is it supposed to look like a monkey hurling a rock at an alligator?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old October 28, 2002, 20:22   #11
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 10:57
Seems interesting...

I'll give it a try

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old October 28, 2002, 21:10   #12
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
lol I'm back, and I'll join, it's my half term so I'll have some time thank god.

Chris
Old October 29, 2002, 03:59   #13
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
BTW, is the map random or is it supposed to look like a monkey hurling a rock at an alligator?
lol, indeed it does. it is random with some modifications...making room for all of the Civ3 and PTW civilizations as well as the Apolyton civ, unless we decide not to have as many?

keep in mind that the map is actually bigger for this game...see that white box? imagine it being a lot smaller, and think of how big the map would be, lol

will update it like the nes maps, but with white dots to represent cities. may also do a zoom in of the Apolyton Empire so we can name our cities, and possibly our neighbours ones as well.

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 04:11   #14
Mellian
Queen

APOLYTON EMPIRE

PLayer rankings:

civman2000 with 3090 posts
jdd2007 with 1514
Mellian with 1239
Giovanni Wine with 358
cbraund with 331

civman is qualified to be the Moderator of the Apolyton Empire civilization.

I am interested in being the Foreign Advisor.

players, please state which positions you would like. keep in mind that this thread is just to setup the game, so during that time, you may easilly lose the position you want if someone with a higher post count wants it.

Map: to all players, is the map acceptable? is the starting location okay, without considering resources and the terrain? obviously, my vote would be the designated location and that the map is okay.

Era: which era should we start the game in? my vote is either late-medieval or late-industrial.

Government: what form of government we should have, basing on what era we may start in?

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 13:56   #15
civman2000
Emperor

I accept the post of Moderator. BTW, will this be a full fledged thing with its own forum and lots of detail or a relatively small thing consisting of a few threads on this forum (perhaps a suboforum for it would work)?

I propose to call teh Western COntinent The Monkey, our island The Rock, and the Eastern Continent The Alligator.

Quote:
Map: to all players, is the map acceptable? is the starting location okay, without considering resources and the terrain? obviously, my vote would be the designated location and that the map is okay.

Era: which era should we start the game in? my vote is either late-medieval or late-industrial.

Government: what form of government we should have, basing on what era we may start in?
Map is fine. Early-mid middle ages. Monarchy (it invites more revolutions that a monarchy )

Old October 29, 2002, 15:51   #16
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 10:57
I like the map as well.... and I agree with "civman's classification of it"

I think that the starting era and gov't picked by civman are good.

I'd like to be the Domestic Advisor.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old October 29, 2002, 16:01   #17
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 09:57
Hmmm, seems my post count is pitiful lol.

Anyway, I'd like to be Admiral Nemesis of the Fleets, if possible

Chris AKA Nemesis(on CFC)
Old October 29, 2002, 16:18   #18
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:57
I think I might want to play as a general of a ground army or maybe an admiral. My post count is around 300 or somthing like that. I would prefer bieing Admiral of a entire fleet. I was think maybe we should have some people as the other civs since the computer does stupid things many times, and we could still have the focus on the Apolyton Empire.
Old October 29, 2002, 16:28   #19
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
I accept the post of Moderator. BTW, will this be a full fledged thing with its own forum and lots of detail or a relatively small thing consisting of a few threads on this forum (perhaps a suboforum for it would work)?
I plan to organize it into three threads for now: Story/Game thread, Discussion thread and the Great Library thread.

as the gamemistress, and as the Foreign Advisor, i will maintain the Great Library thread with the latest map updates, zoom in maps of the Apolyton Empire, various stats and so on. players are free to add to it, depending on their position and role in the game. like for example the domestic advisor can post various domestic related information while the Fleet Admiral of the Navy. people have creation rights base on their roles. The moderator can post various stuff as well, lol

If this game becomes popular enough, i may propose to MarkG and DanQ for its own sub-forum within the Civ3 - Stories.

Quote:
I propose to call teh Western COntinent The Monkey, our island The Rock, and the Eastern Continent The Alligator.
your the Moderator of the Empire, you can name anything the way you want, lol just to don't expect the other civs to call the continents the same way.

Quote:
Map is fine. Early-mid middle ages. Monarchy (it invites more revolutions that a monarchy )
I change my vote to mid-Medieval Age then, with Monarchy the chain of the command would be:

-Vice-Moderator (if the mod chooses to have one)
-Advisors
-Military Commanders and the Governors
-and the ranks goes all the way down to the village's idiot.

This means the Advisors obeys the Mod within the game, Fleet Admiral of the Navy obeys the Military Advisor and Moderator (rest of the positions will be taken by default NPCs until someone takes it) and so on.

Will post the updated map with the starting civilizations in the The Apolyton Empire: Great Library.

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 16:36   #20
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Well I would like to be a Gerneral then. Maybe once we get tanks I can command a armor division. Mellian I was wondering who is going to play the role of other civs? Someone has to speak for them.
Old October 29, 2002, 16:41   #21
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by cbraund
Hmmm, seems my post count is pitiful lol.

Anyway, I'd like to be Admiral Nemesis of the Fleets, if possible

Chris AKA Nemesis(on CFC)
How about Admiral Nemesis, Commander of the Navy sound?

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 16:45   #22
Jack_www
King

If no one take millitary adivisor I might be willing to take the spot.
Old October 29, 2002, 16:56   #23
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
Well I would like to be a Gerneral then. Maybe once we get tanks I can command a armor division. Mellian I was wondering who is going to play the role of other civs? Someone has to speak for them.
so far, the majority voted in starting out in Mid-Medieval, so we won't have tanks right away. the timing will be one real day equals to one real month, and people can do their story posts anytime between the starting game date and to the current gamedate, as long as it doesn't contradict game posts base on a later gamedate that are already been posted.

of course, if the majority agrees that one real day equals to one game month.

As for the other civs, i rather wait until the game starts and have more players before having people representing them. until then, relations with them will be base on what the players say in the game... like for example, if even one mentions that we were at war with a peticular civ a while back and doesn't contradict past information, it is canon. so the players have indirect control of them anyway.

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 16:57   #24
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
If no one take millitary adivisor I might be willing to take the spot.
Okay

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 16:59   #25
Mellian
Queen

one question, what would be the Apolyton Empire's official color? lol

-Mellian
Old October 29, 2002, 17:20   #26
civman2000
Emperor

this color

Old October 29, 2002, 17:22   #27
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
-Vice-Moderator (if the mod chooses to have one)
I will appoint almost anyone interested.

Quote:
This means the Advisors obeys the Mod within the game, Fleet Admiral of the Navy obeys the Military Advisor and Moderator
Note that this obedience is not required. i wanna be overthrown, let's have some intrigue!

Last edited by civman2000; October 29, 2002 at 17:28.
Old October 29, 2002, 18:17   #28
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 05:57
i would like to be the vice moderator
Old October 29, 2002, 18:36   #29
Mellian
Queen

Here is the map, which shows the locations of the different civs and their territories. I chose yellow for Apolyton for now, but i can change if people doesn't like it.

Monkey Continent

-Russia are brown
-Mongols are some weird green, beside the Russians
-Iroquois are purple
-Germans are blue
-English are Orange
-Americans are Light Blue
-Spanish are Gray
-French are Pink-Purple
-Aztecs are light green
-Incas are Pink-Red

Rock Continent, also known as Apolyton

-Apolyton are yellow

Alligator Continent

-Vikings are the top blue
-Celts are brown beside the Vikings
-Egyptians are yellow-green
-Greeks are Green
-Romans are Red
-Babylon are dark blue
-Ottomans are purple-gray
-Carthage are dark brown
-Koreans are Aqua
-Arabs are purple-red
-Persia are orange
-Chinese are blue
-Japanese are red-brown
-Zulus are black (i know i know...)
-Indians are purple

-
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	apolyton.gif
Views:	39
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	28073  
Old October 29, 2002, 20:20   #30
Jack_www
King

I just want to tell you guys, for PTW only 8 civs are playable for mp. I dont know about sp, I think you can play all 24 civs, but we will need a really good computer to run the game on.