Old October 29, 2002, 22:39   #31
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Appointments of Apolyton's First Moderator civman I (i dont like being immortal, i prefer being a dynasty):
Vice-Moderator: jdd2007
Foreign Minister: Mellian
Domestic Advisor: Giovanni Wine
Military Advisor: Jack_www
...Commander of the Navy and Overseas Exploration: cbraund

Am i doing this right? Also, Mallian, I think you should show us a close up of The Rock with our cities.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old October 29, 2002, 23:14   #32
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
I think you should show us a close up of The Rock...
There ya go:

Ahem... Sorry, couldn't help it
Spore page
Old October 31, 2002, 00:34   #33
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 01:57
This is 322nd post and counting for me. I'd like to be the Trade Advisor. If not that than the science advisor. Mellian I really want to play this but the problem is I am so busy with high school and my many extra-curricular activities I don't have time to post much besides on weekends. What do you suggest for me?

Oh, and I request if we have a main ally they should be one of these (in order)

1. Zulu (they're the coolest)
2. Iroquois (they're the second coolest)
3. Persia (they're the third coolest)
4. Babylon (they're the fourth coolest)
5. Germany (I speak some German, and I want to do kind of what theguitarrist does for his stories)
6. America (we can relate to them more than we can the other civs in the game)

These aren't for strategic purposes, but just because I said so!
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old October 31, 2002, 13:40   #34
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 04:57
doing a quick post, as i don't have a lot of time...

i will post everything, from updated map, zoom in map of Apolyton with cities (will be placing cities with photoshop, easier and quicker), basic and simple stats on the Apolytonians cities, military sizes (focus on ground units or navy or generally both? keep in mind that the tech level is late-medieval), trade information like basicly how much gold we have and the kind of resources with have on our resource rich Rock continent, diplomatic relations (thinking the Americans with the English as dislike...can say we help the americans in their declaration of independence from the English Empire a while back) and basic tech stats (mainly stating our current options for what to research next then writing listing all we have...some more interesting & realistic techs not historicly part of history is allowed, for fun sake).

any questions? any info requests? etc? well say it now and i will answer while i do the rest tonite after some Gala i am going too...hey, free expensive food :P

-Mellian
Old October 31, 2002, 14:14   #35
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Update:

Appointments of Apolyton's First Moderator civman I (i dont like being immortal, i prefer being a dynasty):
Vice-Moderator: jdd2007
Foreign Minister: Mellian
...Minister of External Finances (ie Trade): None
Domestic Advisor: Giovanni Wine
...Minister of the Arts and Sciences (ie Culture and Science): johncmcleod
...Minister of Internal Finances: None
Military Advisor: Jack_www
...Commander of the Navy and Overseas Exploration: cbraund
...Commander of Natinal Defense: None

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old October 31, 2002, 17:13   #36
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 05:57
how soon are we going to start this, because we can always add people
Old November 1, 2002, 01:08   #37
Mellian
Queen

as soon as i post the stuff i said i would post.

-Mellian
Old November 1, 2002, 01:50   #38
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod
This is 322nd post and counting for me. I'd like to be the Trade Advisor. If not that than the science advisor. Mellian I really want to play this but the problem is I am so busy with high school and my many extra-curricular activities I don't have time to post much besides on weekends. What do you suggest for me?

play whenever you can. during times you can not, you'll be treated as an non-player character within the game. no point holding the game up because some players are not being able to play too often enough. if you want to prevent other peoplee using your npc self in ways you don't like (they'll have to be within reason, so don't worry about them doing stupid things, lol), can post in the Great Library of your character policies like for example, "i would never settle with this agreement unless i get this and that... when my life is threatened, i'll just run then actually do something about it... continue to nag the mod for more resources on this project and so on.

-Mellian
Old November 1, 2002, 04:21   #39
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 19:57
give me a cool post, maybe a diplomatic postion? Perhaps a Director of Espionage or something? I know I don't have too many posts but tday somethime I should hit 200......
Old November 1, 2002, 10:36   #40
Mellian
Queen

there isn't enough players to prevent one from getting a good position

the Foreign Advisor (which takes care of diplomatic relations) is taken by me.

but you can be the Intelligence Advisor thought

-Mellian
Old November 1, 2002, 10:40   #41
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

cool just as long as I get to make espionage attempts as the game progresses I am happy. Gotta love propoganda!!
Old November 1, 2002, 11:18   #42
Sheep
King

just a quick note to let you all know that the Neses will be moved to new forum in the near future, links will be supplied when this occurs
Old November 1, 2002, 11:24   #43
Mellian
Queen

Okay remember that we are starting at Late-Medieval...espionage is not very common at that point. But can say the Moderator appointed a Espionage Advisor to create the first intelligence service?

-Mellian
Old November 1, 2002, 11:27   #44
Sheep
King

yep okay thats fine with me I will be the Director of Intellegience and Espionage, Liam Sheep, son of Nikos Sheep the great spy...
Old November 1, 2002, 22:18   #45
Easthaven I
Prince

I'd like to join!...but it seems...ummm...I only qualify to be a slave..lol.

I was a warlord once....but that was a different name and I couldn't log on with it so I created another.

I'll be whatever you want.....I'll be the door man..lol
Old November 2, 2002, 01:51   #46
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

bump
Old November 2, 2002, 02:31   #47
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Easthaven I
I'd like to join!...but it seems...ummm...I only qualify to be a slave..lol.

I was a warlord once....but that was a different name and I couldn't log on with it so I created another.

I'll be whatever you want.....I'll be the door man..lol
ask MarkG or DanQ to added your old post count to your new account, thats what they done during my suspension, lol

can still get a good position at the moment like Trade Advisor (minister of internal finances), Economy Advisor (Minister of external finances), Cultural Advisor, Commander of National Defence, or some other government or military or whatever position.

-Mellian
Old November 2, 2002, 09:49   #48
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 09:57
Darn I have few posts too, but I want to join! If you allow me to I would like to be a Colonel in charge of the capital's garrason. If not, Slave will do

(Why colonel? because Colonels always end up with the power! ie Colonel Kadaffi)
Old November 2, 2002, 10:23   #49
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Metaliturtle is Trade Advisor and I'm the Assistant
Old November 2, 2002, 10:41   #50
civman2000
Emperor

Easthaven: You can be trade advisor

Old November 2, 2002, 10:44   #51
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Metaliturtle is Trade Advisor and I'm the Assistant
Wait, I thought you were Minister of Finances (Internal Commerce). Is that OK?

Old November 2, 2002, 12:14   #52
gooberboob
Warlord

k sure
Old November 2, 2002, 21:54   #53
Mellian
Queen

Minister of Internal Finances is responsible of the Gold the empire as, taxes, and so on.

-Mellial
Old November 2, 2002, 23:00   #54
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 01:57
Thanks for putting me on the list, civman, but is it ok for me to be the trade advisor? I'm fine with science advisor, but I like working with other nations. And I'm sort of confused-will we all just sort of add on to the story like the "Let's Creat a Story" threads? Or will there be a story teller and we'll email him ideas and what we want our character to do and say. I'll write my character traits later when I have more time. Also, sorry if you already answered this, but should our characters be funny or serious? Also, what names should our characters be? I'd like to create our own names, but how should they sound like? Should they be like real American names, or just mumbo-jumbo like Julbayo Korbet? Personally, I'd like them to be Latin sounding names, but I don't know. What do you guys think?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 3, 2002, 02:23   #55
gooberboob
Warlord

as long as it's not johncmcleod
Old November 3, 2002, 05:24   #56
Sheep
King

when is this going to start?
Old November 3, 2002, 09:20   #57
civman2000
Emperor

It already has started: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=66178

johncmcleod, sorry but i can't fit everyone's requests. If everything was constantly changing to fit them it would be too confusing.

But ou can try to get teh trade advisor removed and then replace them

Old November 4, 2002, 04:10   #58
Sheep
King

Aren't we supposed to post what our characters are like somewhere. i think this would allow us to post more involved stories if we write on what our characters are thinking, their ambitions and their history....
Old November 4, 2002, 12:56   #59
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zalzabad
Darn I have few posts too, but I want to join! If you allow me to I would like to be a Colonel in charge of the capital's garrason. If not, Slave will do

(Why colonel? because Colonels always end up with the power! ie Colonel Kadaffi)
yes you can be

-Mellian
Old November 4, 2002, 12:58   #60
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod
Thanks for putting me on the list, civman, but is it ok for me to be the trade advisor? I'm fine with science advisor, but I like working with other nations. And I'm sort of confused-will we all just sort of add on to the story like the "Let's Creat a Story" threads? Or will there be a story teller and we'll email him ideas and what we want our character to do and say. I'll write my character traits later when I have more time. Also, sorry if you already answered this, but should our characters be funny or serious? Also, what names should our characters be? I'd like to create our own names, but how should they sound like? Should they be like real American names, or just mumbo-jumbo like Julbayo Korbet? Personally, I'd like them to be Latin sounding names, but I don't know. What do you guys think?
The Apolyton Empire is base on the Apolyton Forums, what do you think? you add in to it.

-Mellian