Old October 28, 2002, 15:26   #1
MeaCulpa
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The price is tough, isn't it ?
I mean, 40+ € according to the announcement on the news page. And even 30 US-$ is much. It's only an addon (<> standalone) with features that were promised for the main prog.
Old October 28, 2002, 15:39   #2
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 04:57
Not this lame thread again. Who promised you these features? Were they listed on the box?

I don't know how many times I've seen this. If you don't think it's worth the price don't buy it and don't play it. It's that simple.
Old October 28, 2002, 16:05   #3
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 05:57
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
Not this lame thread again. Who promised you these features? Were they listed on the box?

I don't know how many times I've seen this. If you don't think it's worth the price don't buy it and don't play it. It's that simple.
Exactly. And, most important, don't complain about it. It's really just annoying.
Old October 28, 2002, 16:09   #4
MeaCulpa
Chieftain

Quote:
Not this lame thread again.
My mom always said: lame is who accuses others of being lame.

Quote:
Who promised you these features? Were they listed on the box?
Members of Firaxis repeatedly mentioned Civ3 having mp before they realized it couldn't be done in $ time $ . But that is not the point of this thread. It's just about an insane full-game price.

Quote:
I don't know how many times I've seen this. If you don't think it's worth the price don't buy it and don't play it.
This is not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
It's that simple.
In the eyes of a simple-m....
Old October 28, 2002, 16:12   #5
MeaCulpa
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000

Exactly. And, most important, don't complain about it. It's really just annoying.
But you like being annoyed. Else you would have skipped this thread after you read the topic. But no, you got annoyed, and now you blame me for your behaviour.

If you don't like Chinese food, don't go to a Chinese restaurant.
Old October 28, 2002, 16:16   #6
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

You people really need to lighten up. Sure this topic has been covered to death, but (to match your tactics) if your sick of it than DON’T REPLY. Isn’t that the same damn principle that you’re preaching? This person is obviously new (or at least not active); the least you could do is be a bit civil to them, perhaps explaining that this topic has already been covered and recommending an appropriate thread. But no, you have to demonstrate your “obvious superiority” (note the sarcasm) by lashing out at them. Let’s grow up a bit.
Old October 28, 2002, 16:33   #7
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Randolph
You people really need to lighten up. Sure this topic has been covered to death, but (to match your tactics) if your sick of it than DON’T REPLY. Isn’t that the same damn principle that you’re preaching? This person is obviously new (or at least not active); the least you could do is be a bit civil to them, perhaps explaining that this topic has already been covered and recommending an appropriate thread. But no, you have to demonstrate your “obvious superiority” (note the sarcasm) by lashing out at them. Let’s grow up a bit.
I realize that this could wind up as an unending cycle, but are you not doing exactly what you claim we are?

Oh god, I shouldn't have responded. Maybe I should just delete this. But then I wouldn't be able to justify all this typing and clicking to myself, so...
Old October 28, 2002, 17:12   #8
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

yup, but there are two important differences

1) your not new, therefore different terms of conduct apply
2) An initial attack is different from a counter attack... As a civ player you should understand the difference between aggressor and defender.

I have no problem with heated debate, just lashing out at someone for the sake of personal gratification.
Old October 28, 2002, 17:18   #9
punkbass2000
King

Personal gratification? Are you implying I gain sexual satisfaction from telling people not to post?
Old October 28, 2002, 18:07   #10
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:57
re
Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000
Personal gratification? Are you implying I gain sexual satisfaction from telling people not to post?
gee, I hope I'm not the only one.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 28, 2002, 18:47   #11
WarpStorm
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MeaCulpa
It's just about an insane full-game price.
In the US $30 is the typical price for an expansion pack. $50 is typical for a full game.

See, no name calling.
Old October 28, 2002, 18:57   #12
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i b1tched initially but i'm buying it, and i've stopped b1tching about it entirely.

i'm finally getting multiplayer, and i'm willing to float $80 on a civ game.
Old October 28, 2002, 20:14   #13
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 10:57
Quote:
Not WarpStorm fanatically sticking up for Civ3 again?

How come when ever someone says something bad about Civ3 your here straight away criticising them for posting there point or perfectly valid opinion.

Thats the 3 time ive seen you do this and I rarely even visit the Civ3 boards.

Its as if your some sort of employee of Firaxis payed to keep confidence up amogst the "non-believers". In other words anyone who has anything bad to state about Civ3

Last time it was something to do with PTW having features that should have been in the release of Civ3 anyway. WELL yes they should have been. But you said something like "Not this LAME argument again"

Sorry but its just sad that people feel the NEED to do this. let people have there say without pulling them down for it.
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 28, 2002, 20:23   #14
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 11:57
30$ is the typical expansion pack price

and i wont tolerate any further hints about theft MeaCulpa