View Poll Results: Should unfinished stories be allowed to participate in the upcoming story contests?
Yes 3 37.50%
No 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 28, 2002, 23:12   #1
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 03:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
New story contest: should unfinished stories be allowed?
First of all, I think johncmcleod deserves special thanks. He is the one who decided to take up the role of the new coordinator of the story contest. (See the Story Contest Round 1: Nominations thread for more information.)

Now, to business. The question is:

Should unfinished stories be allowed to participate in the new contest?

There are two sides to this idea:

1. Yes, they should be allowed, because the people worked hard on them, and deserve to be recognized for it.

2. No, they should not be allowed, because it would be unfair towards those who finish their stories. It is too easy to write a lot of beginnings, and no complete pieces.

That's the gist of it. To see more dispute on this topic, to make a more coherent decision, please see the Unfinished Stories thread by ChrisiusMaximus.

Cast your votes, and let the new story contest begin!

PS: I think it goes without saying that whatever the outcome of this vote, if an author declares that he does not want his story to participate in the contest, whether finished or not, it will not be forced in.
(PC note: of course, the word he in the above sentence, in reference to the author is used solely due to the limitations of the language and in no way implies the gender of the authors on this board )
Spore page

Last edited by vovan; October 28, 2002 at 23:27.
Old October 28, 2002, 23:45   #2
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 09:58
If you start somthing (such as a story) you should finish it, no matter how hard it is!
Old October 29, 2002, 03:46   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
A thousand thanks vovansim I wasnt sure how to do this, still quite a novice here at Apolyton.

I cant vote at the moment as I keep getting a forum message saying my session is not valid, but Ive emailed Mark G and hoping he can help.

Any guesses which way Ill be voting!

Johnmcleod once again many thanks for running the contest, I hope you dont mind this poll being done,and remember if you need any help just ask.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old October 30, 2002, 22:36   #4
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Figured I'd throw this out there, since I chose not to express my opinion in the very first post, so as to not seem partial about it:

I also agree that unfinished stories should not be allowed in the same contests, as the finished stories, as there would then be no incentive for people to finish their stories after all.
Spore page
Old November 2, 2002, 15:29   #5
vovan
Emperor

Just in case somebody's missed the poll, and would like to vote:

*bump*

And also, we would like to know the opinions of as many people as possible. Surely there aren't only seven people here. So, please vote if you haven't
Spore page

Last edited by vovan; November 2, 2002 at 16:55.
Old November 3, 2002, 12:27   #6
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 04:58
Long time since I've been here...memories...

Anyway. I voted to allow unfinished stories into the contest. My reasons for doing so are in the linked 'Unfinished Stories' above.