View Poll Results: Should this amendment pass?
YEA 13 92.86%
NAY 1 7.14%
ABSTAIN 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29, 2002, 05:35   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Amendment: Term Limits
Having been discussing this ever since DE announced he would withdraw from the DoPO elections in order to run for commissioner in december, IO have now decided to put this to a poll.

The amendment proposed is:

In Article II, change the text under "Office Terms" from:

"All office terms shall last one month. A member can run for a different office at the end of his term, but he cannot change offices during it. If a member is elected three times into any government office, that member may not run for any government office the fourth consecutive term. After the fourth term he may run for any government office that is available. If this rule let not have a fully seated government, the rule will be deemed invalid for that term. "

to

"All office terms shall last one month. A member can run for a different office at the end of his term, but he cannot change offices during it. If a member is elected three times into the same government office, that member may not run for that government office the fourth consecutive term. After the fourth term he may run for any government office that is available. If this rule let not have a fully seated government, the rule will be deemed invalid for that term. "

Changed portions in bold.

You have three days.

Discussion thread is here.
Old October 29, 2002, 05:44   #2
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:59
yay, first vote

YEA off course, i wouldn't want to give up my power, now would i?
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old October 29, 2002, 05:47   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Same here.
Old October 29, 2002, 08:31   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:59
YEA
Old October 29, 2002, 08:33   #5
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Adding my support.

I also want to point out that after it became obvious that an amendment would be proposed, I withdrew my stepping aside, as it looked possible that I could stand in December anyway. So there's no need for a DoPO byelection after all...

And answering GT's point in the other thread - I don't think amendments need/should have official in the title. Amendment is clear enough - official should be saved for government business. It's even outlined in the constitution - there are official polls, unofficial polls, and then there are amendments.
Old October 29, 2002, 09:37   #6
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 05:59
Sounds good.
Old October 29, 2002, 13:15   #7
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:59
Yea!
Old October 30, 2002, 02:13   #8
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

DE: Thanks for the clarification.