Old November 23, 2002, 21:04   #151
Cian McGuire
Warlord

Local Time: 05:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Do those maps have cities, starting positions etc. ?? If they do, make sure you only select the World Map option when you chose which parts of the BIX to import - the other settings might be conflicting with something in DyP.
Yeah, I specified for just the World Map. At any rate, I followed Warpstorm's advice, and it worked just fine
Old November 24, 2002, 00:31   #152
Weltraum Amy
Settler

Local Time: 10:03
Phew... Looks like I've been having luck living in Germany. I hope Firaxis can (or will) ship us a bug-free (...well... possibly nearly bug-free) version of PTW.
Old November 24, 2002, 04:01   #153
Tornado Rex
Settler

Local Time: 10:03
I don't know if anyone has tried this but it's just a thought. It worked for me when I did a fresh install of Civ III and then PTW right after. It didn't work when I did an install of PTW with an older Civ III. What I'm getting at is could it possibly be tweaks done to the Civ III on the computer causing PTW to crash?

Just a thought...
Old November 25, 2002, 11:14   #154
celicakydd
Settler

Local Time: 05:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Gyromancer
Small complaint: When you move a unit on it's last movement point, the game INSTANTLY recenters on the next unit. (you don't get any time to register what the unit saw with its last move.....) I think a 1/4 to 1/2 second delay would have been nice there.
This is my biggest problem with the multiplayer version as well. I would like to see the "turn based/none" option function much as the hotseat/single player game. It is frustrating beyond belief to have the enemy attack your units, or yours attack them only to have the screen recentered away so you cannot watch the outcome of the battle!
Old November 26, 2002, 10:42   #155
isak
Civilization IV Creators
Civ4 Scenario Designer

Local Time: 11:03
@civmackiel:

I loaded the savegame fine and managed to get to next turn without problems, so I think you should try the old uninstall/reinstall routine on Civ3 and PtW

I've attached the savegame - note that i had to accept new research and new production in Arbela, just in cast you want to go change it.
Attached Files:
Old November 26, 2002, 11:41   #156
Master2000
Settler

Local Time: 11:03
Memory leak.

I played an MP game with 3 humans an 5 AI. After playing for some hours my computer started to swap very much with the virtual memory, I thought this was strange since I have 512 Mb RAM. I was suprised to see that Civ3 had allocated over 1.3 GB of RAM. Don't have a clue which screen that leaks memory.

They don't mention that in the requirements, do they?
Old November 26, 2002, 12:56   #157
civmackiel
Settler

Local Time: 12:03
@isak

Thanks a lot. I've downloaded your save and I hope it'll work. I'll try to reinstall the game.

Thanks again.