Old October 30, 2002, 18:28   #1
saz_1
Settler

Local Time: 10:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTW mutliplayer question
How does the turnless multiplayer work. Can I host a game and have the game clock last a week so that there is no hurry in making moves. Also, can my opponents log on and off when they please... Please explain to person about to shell $30 for something they dont know a whole lot about. Also... what is a hotseat?
Old October 30, 2002, 18:41   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:04
Turnless is for people who like click-fests. Go quick, or your units will go without orders that turn.

The game clock cannot be set to a specific amount of time. You get 3 or 4 choices from none (not in turnless), slowest to fastest. That will control the amount of time each player has to complete a turn in other modes. Play around with it and find the setting you like. I advise learning on the slowest setting.

Your opponents cannot log off without being eliminated. No one can join a game in progress. You have to stop the game, go back and reload from a save if you lose someone.

Hotseat is where multiple people play turn based on a single computer. It is the 'classic' form of MP. You finish your turn, hit the end button, and give up the seat to the next person in the order. People were playing Civ hotseat before Al Gore invented the internet.
Old October 30, 2002, 22:16   #3
saz_1
Settler

Local Time: 10:04
So what is my best option: Myself and three friends want to play a game but only really have time for a couple of moves per week. I've heard about PBEM, but am not sure if this is my only option. Do I need Civ 3 to play this. Does it work well?