Old November 4, 2002, 05:33   #61
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Trip,

As a response to your message:

I'm impatiently waiting to get things started. Some random thoughts:

* Let's create 5 'departments'. Every department then has a Minister and a deputy - everyone will be involved in this way.

* Should we have a President, or someone who can run things as a chairman (maybe a rotating job, like in the EU) ?

* For communication, let's exchange email adresses. If you'll all mail me your address, I'll get a YahooGroup started - this will be easy & secure until we get a Forum for ourselves. And - we can share files and such. My email is: playtheworld@rutgermooy.net.

* I think everyone has a vote in important decisions (going to war, etc.) - maybe we'll require 6 out of 10 votes to do so ..?

* Trip, did you get any response concerning the last two slots in our team ?

BFM
Old November 4, 2002, 08:24   #62
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:05
Now here's a team I would love to join.

The only things that stay my hand for the moment:

1. I don't have PTW and am not likely to do so for over three months
2. I will shortly have only sporadic Net access for one week
3. I will be away from my computer for three months starting mid November, during which time I MAY be able to post, but certainly could not access any savegame.

If this precludes me from participating for more than a couple of weeks, then can I join for that time? And if not, can I be included until I'm kicked out for inactivity?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 4, 2002, 08:31   #63
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
Boooo. MWiA is a Trip's Ass pansy.
Old November 4, 2002, 08:37   #64
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

/me arches eyebrow at nye

And how impressive is it that your team is dedicated to Trip?

Dedicated to beating his team, but dedicated to Trip nonetheless.

Which team do YOU think I would fit into?

Old November 4, 2002, 08:43   #65
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
Merely a subterfuge.

We are dedicated to domination, like all true Civs should be. Afterall, you do not win by being 'nice'.

Where do you fit in? Why in the team you will have the most fun, of course!

If you want to be a pansy to have fun, that is up to you.

/me runs
Old November 4, 2002, 08:54   #66
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Pansy to a legendary President doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Of course I haven't signed up yet - but the only teams that have enticed me so far are here and Togas' RP one.

Simpsons? Change my avatar? F*** that.
Realpolitik? Reality? ARRRRGGGHHH!
Righteous team? Doing what's right? Scares the HELL out of me.

Old November 4, 2002, 14:20   #67
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:05
BFM: Any ideas on what those departments might be? I originally wanted 5, but I couldn't come up with that many jobs.
The Yahoo group idea is an excellent one. Markos said that the secure forum feature for CivGroups will be activated sometime during this week, so we may or may not have to. My email is (insert*my*forum*name*here)GoT@hotmail.com (to avoid email spambots... don't forget the GoT), in case anyone needs to email me, or contact me through MSN. Or you can catch me at NeroTrip on AIM.

We can most certainly accomodate you, MWIA, and it would be my pleasure to do so. Just make sure you let us know you're alive, and try to do all you can. I can understand being busy, since I am, and will most certainly be more soon soon enough.
Old November 4, 2002, 14:33   #68
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Also, we need some team names!

Not even I want to be on a team called "Trip's Team"... it's just not cool enough.

Also, I'm liking the Ottomans more and more. Anyone have objections to us officially adopting them as our civ? Scientific (very useful, since the tech race will be much more important, those 3 extra techs and cheap libraries may give us the edge we need), Industrious (a must, IMO, for obvious reasons), and an 8/3/3 UU... unbeatable, if you ask me.
Old November 4, 2002, 15:09   #69
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Sipahi (Ottoman special unit) is 7.3.3 for 80 shields, horses and saltpeter, according to the manual.

I'll think about a 5th department.
Old November 4, 2002, 15:25   #70
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Oh - I just opened the readme.txt:

"Change: Increase Sipahi attack from 7 to 8 and its cost from 8 to 10."

That would be 100 instead of 80, I think.
Old November 4, 2002, 15:32   #71
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Oh - I just opened the readme.txt:

"Change: Increase Sipahi attack from 7 to 8 and its cost from 8 to 10."

That would be 100 instead of 80, I think.
Old November 4, 2002, 22:10   #72
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
I might join if you need a good war minister or scientist
I'm quite good with my millitary, I don't know which team to join yet, but I'd be happy to be in your team Trip.. especially if you need more good players to fight against the Glory Of War team (they have some interesting ideas, though their feudal, war only approach could be more suicidal than sensible)
and the others.

I do think we need to balance the teams, people should say what their best game score was, if they've won a game , tried it on emperor level or what.. Each person should be rated as Peasant, King, Emperor, or God in trips case

I think this team would do good if it went for a Scientific gamestyle, being the best in science .. to sell these to the others for hundreds of gold, this is the second thing I like in a civ.
The Ottomans cavlary UU sounds very good, I think late Golden ages are best, and being Scientific it shouldn't take long to reach millitary tradition ( we can get another team to help us to reach that goal, by telling them what techs to research ).
You would have to horde and protect your saltpetre and horses though, so a good millitary would be essential.

ottomans are industrious.. we should buy lots of slaves or conquer them from others, then they will work as a normal workers speed.

It would be good if all the teams Civ choice could be secret, only discovered when they made contact in game.. maybe only 1 attribute (millitaristic, religious etc) should be given for each Team, which their final Civ will have. The attribute will show what type of team it is for new people joining.

NAME: something not too crazy maybe, though Your Tripping would be funny (means Your Crazy) . How about The Moghul Empire (a family of the ottomans) or The Enlightened Owls, Owlstar was a name I made up - might be nice.

Trips Infidels? Tripped Up? The Republican Defenders,
The Silver Pegasus Riders, Archimedes Ashes,
Minervas Federation (roman goddes of science, war and artisans/craftsmen)

( TRIP : I hope you haven't given up on your napoleonic wars scenario, this demo project must take a lot of time too)
Old November 4, 2002, 22:34   #73
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
Team name: Lux Invictus ? (Invincible Light, as in morally good.. the good team of light that will defeat any evil.)
Old November 4, 2002, 23:34   #74
Jon Shafer

Awesome PJ, I was hoping to get one more military guy to help balance out the team. I'm flattered you think so much of my skill, we'll see how well-founded those beliefs are. We can discuss some particulars of strategy through PMs, etc. so as not to give anything away.

The Napoleonic Wars Scenario project may be nearing death I'm afraid. Unfortunately I can't do diplomacy like I wanted to through PTW hotseat, and the game inexplicably crashes the turn after you declare war, no matter what I do. I may spend some time trying to fix it, but nothing is definite.

[Edit]And I'm really liking the Lux Invictus name, even if we aren't Rome. [/Edit]

Last edited by Jon Shafer; November 4, 2002 at 23:45.
Old November 5, 2002, 03:51   #75
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Nice name, but please do spell it correctly: Lux Invicta (Lux is a feminine word...)

What about 'A Trip to Heaven' ?
Old November 5, 2002, 04:06   #76
Jon Shafer

Ahhh, a Latin fellow eh? I wanted to take it but ran out of class scheduling room.

A Trip to Heaven sounds so serene and peaceful... makes me want to go take a quick nap.

Blech, maybe I should have picked a name for the team before I made it after all.
Old November 5, 2002, 06:54   #77
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

The idea behind it is to drive the opponents into a deep sleep...
Old November 5, 2002, 21:02   #78
BlackOut
Civilization III Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:05
Hey Trip

Dont know if all the positions are full yet, but im
down to join your team if you'll have me. Ive recently
become more of a military man myself, used to be builder.. guess im just confused!

BlackOut
Old November 5, 2002, 21:18   #79
Jon Shafer

The roster seems to be currently filled for now, but if ADG drops his spot, then you can have it. Glad you have some interest in the team.
Old November 6, 2002, 09:47   #80
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 05:05
Flexible Imperial Strategist at your disposal
Trip, I sent you an email already.

However, just to make my intentions official:

I pledge my hundreds of thousands of hours (not kidding) of experience in the Civ genre to your cause. I am a flexible strategist, and an Industrial militant by tendancy. The AI understood nothing but war... At any rate, I believe in a flexible strategy with war preparedness as a key priority.

Humans are so damned unpredictable. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

V/R your sword,
WarriorPoet
Old November 6, 2002, 09:57   #81
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:05
Hi people !
Wow, I just have the Internet since 2 days, and they're already heist for PTW DG ? cool !

I don't have PTW yet (does anyone know when it's out in Germany ?) but I'd be interested to be a passive member of a team... I can't decide between Trip's team and trash Trip's ass though
Old November 6, 2002, 10:11   #82
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I can't decide between Trip's team and trash Trip's ass though
Well, unless it has recently changed, Trip's team has a max of 10 members( which i believe they have reached already)

so go with Trash Trip's Ass
Old November 6, 2002, 10:57   #83
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Wow, I just have the Internet since 2 days, ...
If you don't have PTW, how can you have built the Internet ..? It is not in Civ III.

:-)

BFM
Old November 6, 2002, 11:42   #84
Jon Shafer

Because of the interest people have shown in the team, I've bumped the limit up to 15. Yes, I know I'm a sucker, but I do think there's still some talent out there to be tapped.

Welcome to the team BlackOut and WarriorPoet.

Spiffy, you're welcome to come on board at any time as a member of the Senate.
Old November 6, 2002, 12:37   #85
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:05
Trip, your welcome is appreciated, but I'll try to be in the builder's team rather. It would probaly be more interesting for my (and everyone's) gaming experience... We shouldn't forget that routing Civfan is the absolute priority
Old November 6, 2002, 13:22   #86
Jon Shafer

What do you guys think about a team icon?

I was thinking something with this as a backdrop...
Attached Images:

Old November 6, 2002, 13:35   #87
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

What is a 'backdrop' ?

I like the icon.
Old November 6, 2002, 13:47   #88
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Thank you!
Our icon should be imperial and neutral, blue, grey, and white. The icon you suggest is a great start.

On another note:
I like the Carthaginians (Industrious, Commercial), The Persians (Industrious, Scientific) would be my second choice.

Finally, thank you for accepting me into your team!
Old November 6, 2002, 14:22   #89
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
What is a 'backdrop' ?

I like the icon.
Backdrop meaining we might put something over the top of that, like the initials of our team name or something like that.

I also thought it was a cool little icon, then again, I've always had dreams of global imperial domination.

WarriorPoet: No problem, I can tell you're enthusiastic about helping out so I'm glad to take on anyone like that.

The Ottomans are also Industrious/Scientific (don't ask me why, but they are, so whatever works I guess) with a monsterous UU (8/3/3), which is why I suggest them. I wanted to be Persia at first, but the Ottomans' UU is just so dominating I fell in love.
Old November 6, 2002, 14:44   #90
WarriorPoet
Prince

Ottomans...
Good point Trip. I haven't tried the Ottomans yet. I just don't like dealing with rampant corruption. My empires tend to become HUGE by the middle ages.

That Sapahi would run over just about anything....

Then my choices would be Carthaginian, Persian, and Ottoman. Early advantages lead to larger successes.

My dollar.