Old November 6, 2002, 14:59   #91
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Playing on one of FrustratedPoet's ideas, I think we need an in-team chat to try and discuss things. How does 2100 GMT (3pm EST) this coming Saturday sound to everyone?
Old November 6, 2002, 15:04   #92
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 05:05
I'll do my best, Trip, but I may have allot going on that day. Would that chat be via AIM?
Old November 6, 2002, 15:18   #93
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
I won't be available this weekend. It seems best to me that we all get MSN Messenger and chat with as many team members as possible.
Old November 6, 2002, 16:09   #94
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Yes, it seems that that may be a better idea.

So for whoever doesn't have MSN, please get it.

For those who do, add me at TripGoT@hotmail.com
Old November 6, 2002, 16:30   #95
Jon Shafer

Okay, for the time being I have two people who like the name Lux Invicta (Invincible Light in Latin), one who can live with it, and everyone else either has their own opinion or none at all, so if you don't like the name speak now or forever hold your peace.
Old November 6, 2002, 16:49   #96
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

What's the latin for "Domination through diversity"?
Old November 6, 2002, 16:52   #97
Jon Shafer

Not sure, BFM might know though.

Oh, and here's the first logo candidate I came up with.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	earthlogoc1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	28646  
Old November 6, 2002, 16:52   #98
Jon Shafer

And here's the 15x19 icon:
Attached Images:

Old November 6, 2002, 17:00   #99
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WarriorPoet
What's the latin for "Domination through diversity"?
Dominatio per Diversitatem

=or better=

DOMINATIO PER DIVERSITATEM

(a bit long, though)
Old November 6, 2002, 17:08   #100
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

I propose these 5 departments:

1 Chairman. Organizes internal chats, gathers and distributes information, plays the game, starts important threads, keeps an overview of the game. Will handle internal conflicts.

2 Head of Internal Affairs. Plans cities, worker actions and keeps an eye on culture and happiness.

3 Head of External Affairs. Conducts diplomacy with other teams. Gathers information on other nations. May act as a liaison to friendly nations.

4 Head of Military. Moves units and conducts war.

5 Head of Economy. Is responsible for trades, science, and luxuries.

I propose to have a rotation system, with 2 people in each department at any time. Some Heads may have little to do when it is not their time (Head of Military in peacetime, for example). If there are any others, they will form the Senate. Everyone, including the Chairman and the Heads, will have one vote.

We should not have too much bureaucracy. We should have lots of ways to contact each other quickly (mail, Forum, MSN, ...).
Old November 6, 2002, 17:23   #101
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

Dominatio per Diversitatem

=or better=

DOMINATIO PER DIVERSITATEM

(a bit long, though)
Indeed, rather long.
I'd be lucky if I could say that, let alone spell it.

I agree about the less beaurocracy = better. We'll have a small team, not large amounts of people bustling about so we'll be able to conduct polls, etc. without having some all-encompassing Constitution breathing down our necks making sure we abide by protocol.

And those five departments sound great to me. In case of a tie over an issue the Chairman should decide.
Old November 6, 2002, 20:14   #102
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Trip and BFM's plan both sound fine to me.
Old November 6, 2002, 20:58   #103
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

How about the NERV logo but instead have the letters LI and DG or something?
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 6, 2002, 21:01   #104
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
Team MEMBERSHIP confimirmation
I want to confirm that i'd like to join Trips team ,

I seem to be in the team according tothe list, Thanks trip for accepting me.. now lets get this bloodbath game over with , though Trips team with Admiral PJ will be invincible, and quite a fun country to hang out too.

It would be good to start having private team discussions soon, IRC style realtime chats are good for this, though not everyone can meet at the same time.. so mostly we'll probably need to communicate in a forum.

I think we need a City Manager.. making every city happy and producing the best it can squeeze out is important, It might be too tricky sharing out the cities among lots of people unless we break them down into Provinces/states.

I haven't read all the teams news yet.. back shortly. *salute* the trip flag.. err oh we don't have one ( War glorys banana isle of man flag is good (a small british island) )

I can draw/paint if you need anything done (includes mod work)

I can help make our teams website too.. It could be fun, and have team member lists, java game replay stuff.. lots of info about the Trip team, html links with a Trip team History, how about a propoganda Radio station, just with text that all teams can read, it won't reveal any Top Secret info.
'We have broadcasts coming in that Trip forces have captured the Capital of the Role players, torturing information out of them by making them play mindless games like PacMan for weeks on end. The RPers immediately gave them selves up and became loyal Trippites, serving him for eternity.'

Or it could be in newspaper format.. depending what advances techs we have.

-------
Admiral PJ - Maker of Strategy God Game Mantra, multiplayer action/ strategy . galactic colonial war game - simulating planetary terreforming, space combat and exploration and everything else but the kitchen sink (optional)

(Peter for short or PJ)
email : peter@artpac.demon.co.uk

(We could text message SMS on mobile/cell phones!)
other ICQ and Yahoo message addresses available.
Old November 6, 2002, 21:43   #105
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Playing on one of FrustratedPoet's ideas, I think we need an in-team chat to try and discuss things. How does 2100 GMT (3pm EST) this coming Saturday sound to everyone?
Ack, won't be able to attend.

If it's around 5 PM or 6 PM, it's fine. (EST, of course.)

Anyway:

Team Name: Imperialists (harkening back to the early days of the Civ3DG...)

I'll post more later. For now, I basically agree with BFM's ideas.
Old November 6, 2002, 21:59   #106
Jon Shafer

Glad you're so excited to be on the team PJ. A website might be fun, but for now we should probably concentrate on a name and a logo.

Apoc, that'll work (re: logo). I'll see what I can come up with.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
Ack, won't be able to attend.

If it's around 5 PM or 6 PM, it's fine. (EST, of course.)

Anyway:
Agreements and meetings will probably be impromptu at this point, until we get our own forum going. We can probably orchestrate things better then.

Quote:
Team Name: Imperialists (harkening back to the early days of the Civ3DG...)

I'll post more later. For now, I basically agree with BFM's ideas.
Ahhh, the good ol' Imperialists.

Anyone have a problem with that name? I kind of miss it... got absorbed in with the UFC.
Old November 6, 2002, 22:32   #107
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:05
Trip, maybe cap your team again so that we get somewhat even teams.
We too allready have about 10 or 11 members, but some less. Maybe gently direct them to the others "member-challenged" teams
Old November 6, 2002, 22:44   #108
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Any room left here? I'd prefer to join this team, but if it'd be better for the game for me to go over to another team I could do that.
Old November 6, 2002, 22:46   #109
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by alva848
Trip, maybe cap your team again so that we get somewhat even teams.
We too allready have about 10 or 11 members, but some less. Maybe gently direct them to the others "member-challenged" teams
I have, at 15, and we're currently at 10.

So yes ixnay, you're welcome to join, glad to have you on the team.
Old November 6, 2002, 22:58   #110
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

maybe you'd better, you're gonna need all the help you can get anyway
Old November 7, 2002, 09:36   #111
WarriorPoet
Prince

So...the warmongerring kitty wants to play muahahahahaha
Old November 7, 2002, 12:20   #112
WarriorPoet
Prince

Nice logo, trip.

BigFurry's departmental structure looks excellent. Of course, we will need to workout how issues get resolved between departments....

For example, let's say the head of the military wants a new barracks, but the head of the economy and the head of internal affairs both want a new worker. Who wins? Or rather, how is this discussed and possibly voted on? Is our structure to be a prime minister executing the decision of the council or is the chairman meerly looking for advice?

A huge and loaded post, no doubt, but the answers to this discussion will formulate our government.

Finally, for all on the team, my msn is KWarriorPoet@hotmail.com as well. I just signed up in case this is how chat will be done. Unfortunately, I can't chat M-F 0700-1700 EST due to the @#%$$ firewall at work
Old November 7, 2002, 15:17   #113
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
How about the NERV logo but instead have the letters LI and DG or something?
Like so?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nervdglogo.gif
Views:	76
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	28697  
Old November 7, 2002, 15:39   #114
Jon Shafer

Oooooooooo, nifty.
Old November 7, 2002, 16:05   #115
Jon Shafer

Hey everyone (in the team ), vote on the name of the team in this thread.
Old November 7, 2002, 20:50   #116
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
I've put our flag on the civ3 cities, they look very nice. I edited the Mideastern City map graphics, they have a black flag with round globe and L on it.
I don't know if we want that flag as final, its just an experiment so far.

I'm not sure if we want ALL mideastern teams with our flag, but maybe if we have each team using its own culture format they can all have their own flag if they wish.

I can easily stick the flag on any city, using Photoshop.. Not fully tested it in the game though.
I used Snoopys enlarged cities as a base.

That red maple leaf flag/symbol design looks good.

Its very cool to be able to see IV's flags flying over all over the conquered teams map

I'll attach the picture files in a couple days, or put them in the Files Forum. ( it wouldn't accept PCX files so i'll zip it)
Old November 7, 2002, 21:43   #117
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

SO we have an anime team after all. Time for the Simpsonians to take action !
Old November 7, 2002, 22:04   #118
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Trip: I probably can't make it, but I'm really fine with whatever you guys decide on.

ixnay37: Looks great
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 8, 2002, 04:34   #119
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

I didn't vote in the other thread but I like "Lux Invicta".
Old November 8, 2002, 16:33   #120
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

My yahoo name is dan195 if anyone wants to leave me a msg/email. I do like the ideas of rotating teams. I do want some form of private communication mechanism (until private forums here are up) to discuss stuff w/ppl I dont want to post in the forum.

As for my playing style I'm generally the peaceful type, though I'll war anytime I feel I need to. But I have played some PTW multiplayer games already (tried to live w/the lag) to learn new strategy.

Last edited by CiverDan; November 8, 2002 at 16:39.