Old November 21, 2002, 16:11   #151
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry, I was a bit occupied.

And yes, Calc and status you two are welcome.

And let me add one more thing.

Membership is now closed
We ended up being a bit larger than I planned, but that's okay. I'm sorry to all those who would have liked to have joined. Perhaps sometime soon we'll conduct a poll to allow for enlarged membership.
Old November 22, 2002, 23:49   #152
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 05:05
13 is a great number. But not in the states for some reason
Old November 28, 2002, 16:39   #153
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Greetings from Gathering Storm
Members of Lux Invicta,

Greetings and salutions! I trust your preparations for the fateful first day of the DemoGame are well under way and going well. As part of our own preparations, the diplomats of Gathering Storm have been sent out to officially contact each other team. Thus, I introduce myself:

Dominae of Gathering Storm, Ambassador to Lux Invicta.

My roles as ambassador is simple: I am to represent Gathering Storm in diplomatic relations between our teams. Rest assured that I will be honest and faithful messenger. Although my allegiance is to the great Gathering Storm, I promise to hold the opinion and will of your people in high regard.

Feel free to contact me anytime, about anything, via any channel, but know that I am sworn to report any and all communications with your team to my supervisor, the illustrious Meshelic.

May our relationship be fruitful!

Dominae of Gathering Storm
Ambassador to Lux Invicta

P.S: Please respond to this greeting before the game commences on or around December 1st.
Old November 28, 2002, 17:52   #154
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Greetings and salutations back to you Dominae! It should be the case that an ambassador should be replying with a warm welcoming, but I am sorry to tell you that with our minister of foreign relations just recently nominated, he didn't have enough time to appoint the diplomats appropriate for the GoS. I apologize that an official diplomat has not come to you in place of me, but I assure you that we are taking careful consideration of who is best to represent us, so that we may have good standing relationship instead of someone without any diplomatic skills that may cause misunderstanding between us. Please wait patiently until sort this out. The official diplomat, once appointe, will reply to you ASAP.
Old November 28, 2002, 19:02   #155
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 11:05
Hi, I didn't recognize the your logo recently, and got confused.
Well, now I see...
But what does it actually resemble?

I'm Pedro by the way, just another Rõleplayèr popping by.
Old November 29, 2002, 08:52   #156
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 12:05
It's a half maple leaf and the letters L.I.D.G.
Old November 29, 2002, 19:34   #157
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

From the Red Cross book, Glossary 5
"[Mark of NERV]
The Secret Agency NERV has a mark which is composed of three parts: the name of the organisation, a picture and a motto. The name of the organisation is the 4 character word "NERV". The motto is "God is in his heaven. All right with the world," a section taken from "Pippa Passes," written by a 19th century poet Robert Browning. And then the picture is a half piece of fig leaf. The fig leaf, accoring to legend, is the symbol of the original sin which entangled Adam and Eve. It reminds us of the human who ate the Fruit of Wisdom."
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 29, 2002, 19:49   #158
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

This is another logo we could of used. It shouldn't take much to realize what it is referencing.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 29, 2002, 20:38   #159
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

I always hated that image...

So asymmetrical.
Old November 29, 2002, 20:47   #160
Apocalypse
Emperor

That is one of the things that makes it so freakish though.
Old November 30, 2002, 12:43   #161
Zero
King

Actually trip, couldnt the eyes be more symetrical by placing them as a septagon? Why does the right have an extra eye anyway? Is there a reason why it's split up in 3 -4 instead of 4-3? just wondering...

Isn't lilth's face covered by the seven seal mask? Is there any significance of the mask coming off in EoE?
Old December 2, 2002, 20:54   #162
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

On behalf of the Legoland team (I don't know if you contacted other teams yet), do you have an ambassador/ foreign minister for us to contact ?
I'm no ambassador to your team, but the Legoland would be very interested in this info, as well as other teams you could not have contacted

EDIT : I heard AdmiralPJ is the FAM of your team. Please don't hesitate to contact us
Old December 2, 2002, 21:09   #163
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
Actually trip, couldnt the eyes be more symetrical by placing them as a septagon? Why does the right have an extra eye anyway? Is there a reason why it's split up in 3 -4 instead of 4-3? just wondering...

Isn't lilth's face covered by the seven seal mask? Is there any significance of the mask coming off in EoE?
Why not have uneven number of eyes? Actually, IIRC, it is based of some painting.

The mask coming off is needed, for obvious reasons. If it stayed on it wouldn't make any sense.
Old December 3, 2002, 04:57   #164
Jon Shafer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
On behalf of the Legoland team (I don't know if you contacted other teams yet), do you have an ambassador/ foreign minister for us to contact ?
I'm no ambassador to your team, but the Legoland would be very interested in this info, as well as other teams you could not have contacted

EDIT : I heard AdmiralPJ is the FAM of your team. Please don't hesitate to contact us
That's correct, PJ is our representative.
He will begin establishing permanent and regular diplomatic relations with all teams shortly.
Old December 3, 2002, 14:51   #165
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Mutual respect by all sides is the best way to assure a healthy relationship
Old December 3, 2002, 17:57   #166
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
I contacted Legoland, members can see the results in our private forum, basically they want us
to email 2 of their addresses when passing on saves.

It seems we are playing on regent level now..
but things seem to be going smoothly again.

We invite anyone to come and visit Turkish Luxia.

Last edited by Admiral PJ; December 3, 2002 at 18:19.
Old December 4, 2002, 03:02   #167
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:05
The Great Embassy arrives!
Greetings from the Gathering Storm! I have come afar from distant lands to welcome relations with Lux Invictica. I am the Foreign Minister of the GS, and I bring with me our ambassador to you, Dominae. If you have anything you wish to discuss or negotiate, either PM Dominae or myself if he cannot be reached. Let us hope that we may enjoy good relations with each other and best of luck to both of us! Now I begin my return trip to Gathering Storm lands. Thank you.
Old December 4, 2002, 13:00   #168
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Greetings to the People of Lux Invicta and Hail to Renowned Supreme Leader, Trip:

I, jdjdjd, a man of means by no means, the humble servant of His Grace, Supreme Leader Togas of the Spanish (Roleplay Team); do come as ambassador of Spain to you the people of the Invincible Light. We wish to open communications with you, and I offer you a Laurel and Hardy handshake as a sign that we wish nothing but goodwill and respect towards Lux Invicta.

I understand the Great Admiral PJ is your Foreign Minister, shall I continue communications with him, or shall I continue with someone else? Please direct me, and I shall comply.

I remain your most humble servant,

Senor jdjdjd

P.S. Rest assured that any involvement I have in my heresy trial will not detract me from my mission to the Wonderful Land of the Turks, Lux Invicta.
Old December 4, 2002, 14:05   #169
WarriorPoet
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

*gives a respectful bow to new arriving dignitaries, and with a wave of his armored fist and a flurish of his crimson cape, ushers the arrivals towards the humble consul, AdmiralPJ*

AdmiralPJ will see you momentarily
Old December 5, 2002, 13:52   #170
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:05
As member of Legoland, I am pleased to announce that I an the ambassador to the Lux Invicta. I am your primary contact with the Legoland team.

I am an active member of Legoland, and that is where my allegance lies. But as ambassador to Lux Invicta, I promise to also keep in mind your needs. I fully understand that the best agreements are those that are in our mutual best interests.

My preference is that all communications are done via Apolyton PMs. All PMs that I sent are considered semi-public, in that your ambassador is free to quote any part of my PMs in your private forum. I requrest that you restrict my PMs to your private forum.

Thank you and here to the future success of both our nations,
Lmtoops
Old December 5, 2002, 21:12   #171
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 10:05
Welcome foreign ambassadors to the Palace of LI
Hi lmtoops, jdjdjd, meshelic, We welcome you to Lux Invictas Tribal Hut.

You'll soon be allocated an Ambasaddor, and later Diplomatics when either of us discovers writing ( if you pay for embassies we may refund some of your trade taxes )
I'm sure we won't be planting a spy in your midst though , at least not as far as you know of (intel agencies).

Any requests you have for trades, or alliances will be respected and considered in a positive light.
We were thinking of giving out amassadors on a rota system based on contact, but we'll see what the others think.

Contact me on peter@artpac.demon.co.uk
or
ArchimedesPJT on yahoo

i'll reinstall ICQ too, thats a nice comms program.
Old December 6, 2002, 01:46   #172
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse

Why not have uneven number of eyes? Actually, IIRC, it is based of some painting.

The mask coming off is needed, for obvious reasons. If it stayed on it wouldn't make any sense.
seven eyes represent seven seals (bible, revelations)

I was wondering if the mask coming off had anything to do with seventh seal being unlocked
Old December 6, 2002, 02:09   #173
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:05
Thank you AdmiralPJ. I will stay in touch and hope to find deals that suite our mutual benefit.
Old December 6, 2002, 04:32   #174
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:05
Thank you for your apt reply AdmiralPJ, I thank you as Foreign Minister of the Gathering Storm. May our two nations live peacefully together for the common goal of furthering our culture.
Old December 6, 2002, 13:16   #175
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

AdmiralPJ,

Thank you for prompt reply, and it was a pleasure speaking to you last night. I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Lux Invicta.

Señor jdjdjd
Old December 12, 2002, 15:00   #176
Jon Shafer

Okay, if the people who randomly have added themselves to Lux Invicta's team see this, please state your reason as to doing so here...
Old December 12, 2002, 19:03   #177
WarriorPoet
Prince

In regards to the random individuals...

Our humble and peace-loving forces are always looking for practice dummies...for their....ummm...turnip guns
Old December 20, 2002, 14:11   #178
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Hi guys,
this is a non-demo related subject, but is Calc still around?
I tried to get in contact with him trough PM and Mail, but didn't get any response

Could one of you ask him to contact me or Frustrated Poet
(it's about another PBEM game)

Thanks
Old December 24, 2002, 00:04   #179
Jon Shafer

Yes, he still seems to be alive from what I can tell.
Old December 24, 2002, 04:18   #180
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Trip, could you ask him to visit this thread:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...42#post1560242

You're in this game too btw, (iif we ever get it moving )

thanks,
Merry christmass all