Old November 11, 2002, 13:52   #181
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 10:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
For Celts, I've decided to be a tribe called the Jibbers. We speak the common language but mangle our words so bad that almost no one can understand us (almost exactly like the Scots) so people refer to our dialect as Jibberish.

PS- If we had gone with the Chinese I would have leaned toward the tribal name of Ghengols who would host Ghengolian BarBQues after every victory. (Named after GhengisFarb Suck up points! Can I get a 20% discount on my auction bids now?)
Old November 11, 2002, 15:38   #182
Ennet
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Prince

Local Time: 11:06
LOL!! anywya when we getting the civgroup thingy?!? we should run some polls for ruler and stuff etc. cya all around, mebbe would be nice with another chat one day!! I dun know about celtic tribes so i'll guess i'll start my own, anyone wanna join the McEnnet clan?

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"
Old November 11, 2002, 15:43   #183
Ennet
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Prince

Local Time: 11:06
opps saw it's up nice icon btw approve me donegeal

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"
Old November 11, 2002, 19:40   #184
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

This was how I originally wrote the matters of who votes on what:

C. Matters that get voted on.
  1. Great Leaders.
  2. City Names (High Council only).
  3. Appointment of High Kings (High Council Only).
  4. No-Confidence (High Council Only).
    a. Anybody (Emperor, High King, King and Lords) can make a call of No-Confidence of any elected or appointed Official.
    b. Must coinside with a person to take the place of deposed official.
    - Emperors cannot take the place of High Kings and vise versa.
    - Example: "I call a vote of No-Confidence on blah-blah and blah-blah to take his place!
  5. War and Peace.
  6. What we research.
  7. Forgien trade deals with Human Civs.
  8. Unforseen matters (High Council Only).
    - to include matter of Law.

This, obviously will no longer work. These are just some examples of what we will be voting on. Please give some input as I don't want to feel like I am ramming things down your throats. Give me your opinions.
Old November 11, 2002, 19:50   #185
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 04:06
I wonder if we will have people "join" the Glory of War just to get our icon by their name?
Old November 11, 2002, 22:17   #186
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 06:06
Quote:
Please give some input as I don't want to feel like I am ramming things down your throats. Give me your opinions.
In my opinion, the emperor/high king/whatever we call our leader should decide what we vote on and if we do vote. This does not create an impossible beaurocracy where every small matter gets voted on. One may argue that this gives the emperor too much power, but thats what the no-confidence vote is for. The emperor is held accountable with the threat of being replaced.
Old November 12, 2002, 16:13   #187
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 05:06
Panzer32

i respectfully disagree with you, just as i have with donegeal in the past, and here is my reasoning

*everyone on this team knows that we are playing a team game, and they accept that this means there will be more beaurocracy than either a multiplayer succession game or a normal multiplayer game

*everyone on this teams deserves to participate in the game, if you can't participate then why even play?

*without clearly defined rules some people will abuse their positions, and it could get to the point where a nocon vote is pointless because even if you do replace the person in power, whoever takes over next will do the same thing

we can have votes and team participation without making our system unworkable, what need need to do is to give the mundane matters to elected officials and make the big choices the things we vote on

here is what i would have the team vote on

*government changes (high council)
*what science to research (house of kings)
*trades with human civs (hc)
*war and peace (with both AI(hok) and human civs(hc))
*wonders (hok)
*what to do with great leaders (hc)
*our mobilization status (hok)
*authorization for the emperor to overrule somebody's build queue (hok)
*nocon votes (hc)
*election of the emperor (hc)
*approval of the emperor's ministers (hok)
*declare a temporary state of emergency that grants the emperor more powers and a temporary immunity from nocon votes (hc)

other than adding in a finance and treasury minister and making the military minister optional (the emperor is commander in chief but he can delegate if he wishes) it looks pretty good too me
Old November 12, 2002, 19:40   #188
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

wait, so all of the warlods have an equal say in the government? well, thats depressing
Old November 12, 2002, 21:00   #189
korn469
Emperor

Quote:
wait, so all of the warlods have an equal say in the government?
not exactly, votes in the house of kings depend on the population of your city, and since the emperor gets the capital plus his normal cities it gives him an advantage and encourages politics

really, besides trying to appeal to some kind of barbaric, feudal machismo...
...which is bs anyways, the most successful armies have always been professional armies supported by advanced societies...for example the individual native american warriors were individually much better than the individual US army soldier, but they didn't have the logistics or command structure to even mount a successful guerilla war...
...why shouldn't we try to involve all the people on the team in the game? i mean if only one person makes all of the decisions for the entire team is that really going to make being on this team more fun for everyone?
Old November 12, 2002, 22:09   #190
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Hey, guys good news! I'm getting my but KICKED in the Domestic Minister election for the Civ3 Demo Game!

That means I'll have all kinda free time to waste over here.

Who is going to be our first leader to play the game? Do I need to make a custom leaderhead set for our civ?

What is our civ name going to be, and what are we going to name our first city?
Old November 13, 2002, 00:29   #191
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

take it to the other form

http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=167
Old November 13, 2002, 05:01   #192
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Hey, guys good news! I'm getting my but KICKED in the Domestic Minister election for the Civ3 Demo Game!
Sorry if I had anything to do with it. I guess that I might have been a detriment to your campaign by supporting you and posting such controversial comments about ET. I actually have to say that I am almost glad that you might loose because we already have to split Aggie as it looks like he is going to be the first prez of the NewCon in the SP DG.
Old November 20, 2002, 22:56   #193
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

so, GoW has chosen to go with celts? Why not japan or Aztec instead of celtic swordsmen? do you like the +1 mov on a gallic swordmen better? It does cost +20 shield more ya kno...
Old November 20, 2002, 23:09   #194
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

+1 movement can do wonders, especially on surprise (oops, did I say that?) attacks...

Thats why were playing as the Cs
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 20, 2002, 23:26   #195
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I've played the Celts in single-player... that Gallic swordsman is NOT all it's cracked up to be... the additional EXPENSE, IMO, makes it actually less valuable than a stack of normal swordsmen.

The most powerful thing about playing the Celts is the Militaristic+Religious traits... best traits if you're playing for early REX and warmongering. However, I agree with Calc II that Japan is the better civ with those traits because of the better UU.

But hey, that's just my opinion...
Old November 21, 2002, 18:20   #196
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
+1 movement can do wonders, especially on surprise (oops, did I say that?) attacks...

Thats why were playing as the Cs
Arnelos pretty much said what I wanted to say. +1 mov creates some wonderful strategy but its still not worth adding +20 shield to a UU that should be getting +1 stat w/o penalty.

Except Arnelos, I prefer the aztecs, they get an armed scout, which gives thema pseudo expansionistic trait as well as with mil/rel. But of course if one is going for a good fighting unit I think samurai is still far superior than a gallic. You get the role of both musketmen and knight roled into one unit! and musketmen are the unit that creates the most production waste (2X production for mere +1/+1 stat???).

Well I guess you cant argue the fact that gallic comes much earlier. Which is debateable whether this counters all disadvanatge VS samurai. There's also iroquois if you want mobile fat unit... Whatever, its your team its up to you guys, but Im just giving honest opinion as an advice.
Old November 21, 2002, 22:54   #197
Panzer32
Emperor

Thanks for your advice, but we have already decided on our team choice.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 22, 2002, 00:21   #198
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

My my, it seems Fairyland has been hiding aggressive warmongering attributes. Here, I thought you were all about playing the roleplay and yet you post in our thread all kinds of analysis on our unit and potential civ choices.

We may have to upgrade your threat level status.

And we have stereo sounds coming from Lux Vaseline and Fairyland. Have you two formed some kind of pact, and if so why wasn't FisherPrice involved?
Old November 22, 2002, 00:59   #199
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
My my, it seems Fairyland has been hiding aggressive warmongering attributes. Here, I thought you were all about playing the roleplay and yet you post in our thread all kinds of analysis on our unit and potential civ choices.

We may have to upgrade your threat level status.

And we have stereo sounds coming from Lux Vaseline and Fairyland. Have you two formed some kind of pact, and if so why wasn't FisherPrice involved?
The Roleplay team's top choices were Spain and Carthage, both admitedly more builder-friendly civs (and explicitly selected for being so). That we might KNOW a thing or two about being a warmonger in single-player games doesn't mean we're either cocky enough or stupid enough to try to play that way in multiplayer

As for the level of threat that any team possesses, I'm honestly not paying ANY attention to stuff teams say on the public boards. Some teams are obviously (and in many cases, clumsily...) attempting to intentionally mislead the rest of us with their public statements. Gathering Storm's whole "public debate" over their civ choice is an illustrative example (they seem to be the team most obsessed with far too obviously attempting to mislead people).

As for us, we see really no need to strategize and mislead people about it before the game even starts... We aren't really going to know what the situation will really look like until the game starts and we know who we're next to and what our starting positions look like. Obsessing about the various possibilities before that is a largely fruitless affair. I honestly don't understand why so many teams are so obsessed about which other teams are "out to get them". At this point, there's absolutely no way to make such a determination. So, for now, we might as well just role-play and have fun.

Call us "Fairyland" if you want, but from our perspective, you guys are the ones busy wasting your time while we're busy having fun...
Old November 22, 2002, 03:20   #200
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:06
Now just because GenghisFarb throws you a zinger doens't mean you should begin discrediting the Gathering Storm with the accusation that we are misleading people here.
Old November 22, 2002, 03:20   #201
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Gathering Storm's whole "public debate" over their civ choice is an illustrative example (they seem to be the team most obsessed with far too obviously attempting to mislead people).
Do you really think we're so stupid that we think you believe any of that?
Give us a break, man...

We're only having a bit of fun. If our joking bothers you don't visit our threads.

Besides, you already know what our Civ is. Randolph posted it in that thread, it's no secret.
Old November 22, 2002, 03:36   #202
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

Do you really think we're so stupid that we think you believe any of that?
Give us a break, man...

We're only having a bit of fun. If our joking bothers you don't visit our threads.

Besides, you already know what our Civ is. Randolph posted it in that thread, it's no secret.
Oh, aside from the fact that you guys were trying to joke around with people on that one - Meshelic's response to my post is what I'd expect

C'mon, ALL of the teams are trying to joke around with each other. That's precisely my point in saying that I'm not taking ANYTHING written on the boards in terms of potential threat levels, strategies, or anything else like that remotely seriously.

Personally, I like GS's style. That said, your team has been the most paranoid about keeping everything you can secret That could mean you're wiser, more paranoid, or potentially both Only time will tell.
Old November 22, 2002, 03:48   #203
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Oh, aside from the fact that you guys were trying to joke around with people on that one - Meshelic's response to my post is what I'd expect
YOu don't know me! You can't pigeon-hole me!
Old November 22, 2002, 04:02   #204
Arnelos
Emperor

(sigh)

Meshelic, I meant it as a matter of respect that your response was more unapologetic
Old November 22, 2002, 04:27   #205
Meshelic
King

Ah Arnelos. We have much to learn from each other, yes?
Old November 22, 2002, 04:28   #206
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:

C'mon, ALL of the teams are trying to joke around with each other.
On behalf of Legoland, I'd just like to say that we've never made a joke. Ever.
Old November 22, 2002, 06:11   #207
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:06
Hi All ...
Finally got PTW installed yesterday.
Would love to join this team for the Demo Game
Regs
Old November 22, 2002, 12:32   #208
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX

On behalf of Legoland, I'd just like to say that we've never made a joke. Ever.
you made the biggest joke when you started your team my friend.
Old November 22, 2002, 22:52   #209
Zero
King

i was just offering my personal opinion, I totally respect your choice of civ.

wat is legoland's civ? is the orgnaization on that team still internally disrupted or is it some kinda hoax to pull wool over eyes to make us think they are?
Old November 23, 2002, 01:09   #210
Arnelos
Emperor

Legoland I believe will now be playing Carthage. They wanted Carthage and we (the Role-play Team) ended up letting them have it because many on our team didn't want them (we actually tied on whether to take Carthage or Spain and Togas, our leader, broke the tie and took Spain).

Although Legoland was considering Egypt and Persia as alternatives, I think they ended up with Carthage as their final choice (largely because we gave it up - letting them take it because we didn't want it).