Old October 31, 2002, 05:52   #1
jim_steer
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 10:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Has anyone got PTW from amazon.com yet ?
I am going to order it from the states today cos I am too impatient to wait for it to be released in the UK. For some reason EBGames.com doesn't seem to recognise the UK as a country so I am going to have to order for amazon.
I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they have started shipping yet ? and how long it takes for them to ship games from the US to europe ?

Cheers
Old October 31, 2002, 06:55   #2
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 05:07
They don't start shipping untill the fourth I dont think.
Old October 31, 2002, 09:12   #3
dashstar1972
Settler

I don't think Amazon will do you any good either - I tried. However, Gamestop says that mine is over the Atlantic right now!
Old October 31, 2002, 09:45   #4
jim_steer
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton University
Warlord

Hmm Gamestop want to charge me $15.99 for shipping, I dont think I want ptw that bad.
Cheers for you help.
Old October 31, 2002, 18:44   #5
Ozymandias
Prince

Local Time: 06:07
I pre-ordered PTW from Amazon on Sept 10th w/overnight delivery specified.

According to their site today (10/31) the estimated ship date was 10/30 with an expected delivery of 10/31 -- guess again. The status osf my order is listed as "Being Processed".

I've sent them a, shall we say, very "direct" email to customer service and will post here if they have anything intelligent to reply.

-Oz
... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...
Old November 1, 2002, 13:54   #6
LdyMox
Settler

Also waiting for Amazon
Yea I am also waiting for Amazon. They are taking forever. We can't seem to even be ale to cancel the order since it says its being prepared to ship for days now.

Fortually for me a friend got a copy of PTW at the store on release day by luck. So I have some chance to try the hotseat version [pretty good BTW]
Old November 1, 2002, 16:16   #7
Ozymandias
Prince

Update
Quote:
Originally posted by Ozymandias
I pre-ordered PTW from Amazon on Sept 10th w/overnight delivery specified.

According to their site today (10/31) the estimated ship date was 10/30 with an expected delivery of 10/31 -- guess again. The status osf my order is listed as "Being Processed".

I've sent them a, shall we say, very "direct" email to customer service and will post here if they have anything intelligent to reply.

-Oz
I'm now informed that I should expect my order on either 11/5 or 11/6

Does anyone have a better recommendation for future purchases? (BTW, yes, for all I know, the answer is literally staring me in the face ...)

-Oz
... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...
Old November 1, 2002, 16:40   #8
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 05:07
If you opted for the free shipping option, they say it may add five days to the delivery date.
Old November 1, 2002, 17:33   #9
Edgar Newt
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMBtS Tri-League
Chieftain

I preordered it as well from Amazon, but gave up last night and cancelled it. Couldn't wait any longer. Stopped by my local EB last night and picked up a copy. I wouldn't worry about my headstart though. By the time you get yours from Amazon in January, Firaxis should have PTW up and running so that you can at least get to 2000 BC before it crashes in multiplayer.

After 2+ hours of trying last night, still trying to successfully launch (as a participant, not the host) my first MP game.
Old November 1, 2002, 17:54   #10
Ozymandias
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Purple
If you opted for the free shipping option, they say it may add five days to the delivery date.
NOPE! -- I paid the $US 15 for OVERNIGHT delivery ...
Old November 1, 2002, 18:14   #11
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I have had hit and misses with getting pre ordered games in a timely matter. I only get them in the store if I really can't wait (moo3). Some games, I am not so hot to get them day 1 and if the pre-order has a great deal, I will take a shot.
Old November 1, 2002, 18:58   #12
Dom Pedro II
King

I ordered from Amazon.com. I got so angry waiting for it to ship, that I just cancelled it and had my friend get it for me when he went to the mall..

I think the college ought to push for having an EB built on campus!

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old November 1, 2002, 19:18   #13
aebrahim
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:07
I cancelled my Amazon.com order for 3 copies with free shipping cause I got tired of waiting for them to even begin shipping them out.

I changed to ebgames.com, and for only $8.99 extra, I got Next Day Shipping on all 3 copies. So worth the switch. No more preordering games from Amazon.
Old November 1, 2002, 19:26   #14
Ozymandias
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by aebrahim
I cancelled my Amazon.com order for 3 copies with free shipping cause I got tired of waiting for them to even begin shipping them out.

I changed to ebgames.com, and for only $8.99 extra, I got Next Day Shipping on all 3 copies. So worth the switch. No more preordering games from Amazon.
Excellent! Thanks for the info --

Oz.
Old November 1, 2002, 19:32   #15
Explorer579
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:07
I picked it up from Best Buy today.