Old October 31, 2002, 09:54   #1
GxNapoleon
Settler

Local Time: 10:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1st ALL against ALL Tournament !!!!
Folks !

Its time to announce the 1st Guardians Clan ALL against ALL Tournament, powered and played at THE BATTLEFIELD feature !

Now PTW is out and we can play !

The tourney will be played on a small map, 2 players a game, same starting postitions and coditions for both. More informations about the tourney and the map download-link will be posted soon ! So check back !

We will use THE BATTLEFIELD feature, a multiplay platform which provides ladders, leagues, tournaments and much more ! All players will report their wins here and the wins will be counted in a special tournament laddder.

To play the tournament, just reply here and het a free BATTLEFIELD account : KLICK HERE TO GET A FREE ACCOUNT !!!

So if you are interested in the tourney or want to play, just reply here and post the following infos :

- Your Nickname (take Nickname you use in the BATTLEFIELD)
- Email
- Instant messenger No when available
- Times you are free to play (if you want)

Thanx in advance folks and i hope that we get much replies and we will become an amazing funny tournament !

Napoleon
---------------
Even the longest journey starts with the first step...

Last edited by GxNapoleon; October 31, 2002 at 19:36.
Old October 31, 2002, 13:47   #2
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 12:08
Why have the same post twice...and still you haven't posted any real reason to join, since you say "Single Player", but you also mention "clan"...I still don't get it...Why have a Single Player clan???
Old October 31, 2002, 19:35   #3
GxNapoleon
Settler

Well...
SINGLE PLAY means you fight for your own against others in a multiplay game, thats it...

And whats to say against a clan ? Did you never play soccer or hockey in a team ? Dont you like competition ?

And why not giving the page a chance ? Take a look...

Napoleon
--------------------
Old November 1, 2002, 08:27   #4
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 12:08
Re: Well...
Quote:
Originally posted by GxNapoleon
SINGLE PLAY means you fight for your own against others in a multiplay game, thats it...

And whats to say against a clan ? Did you never play soccer or hockey in a team ? Dont you like competition ?

And why not giving the page a chance ? Take a look...

Wouldn't that just be the same thing as multi player???

What I understand by SP, is one human player against AI's only

And when you say SP clan, it just doesn't make any sense at all, since the clans can MAX have one player then, which kinda kills the point of clans...

So instead of calling it a Single Player tournatment, you should call it a multi player tournament...
Old November 1, 2002, 10:46   #5
GxNapoleon
Settler

Right...
Hey ADG

Its toooo confusing. Well let me say it again. Its a multiplayer tournament. You play against other human players.

So would be great if someone wants to play !

Napoleon
-------------------
Guardians Clan - Civilization III
Old November 5, 2002, 00:20   #6
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:08
I think you should wait untill the comeout with the new patch to do something like this. The lag is way too much to even do something like this untill they get it fixed.
Old November 5, 2002, 01:47   #7
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 05:08
I kan't not klick nowhere.
Old November 5, 2002, 13:10   #8
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:08
I agree with Jack - Before any type of "human-on-human" play can be organized, the internet MP feature needs to be fixed.
Old November 5, 2002, 14:54   #9
GxNapoleon
Settler

Anyone played ?
Did anyone of you played a game against other humans yet ?

A stable non crashing game ?

Napoleon
Old November 5, 2002, 16:53   #10
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:08
Yes, I have - but only on LAN. The games runs nearly perfect on our LAN game. But Internet play is currently not very viable with the tremendous lag and players freezing/dropping off all of the time...
Old November 5, 2002, 17:46   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:08
Re: Anyone played ?
Quote:
Originally posted by GxNapoleon
Did anyone of you played a game against other humans yet ?

A stable non crashing game ?

Napoleon
Yes, quite a few. I can get games that do not crash with people all over the world, so long as they are not using cracked and broken versions, and so long as they do the right things to be able to connect.

Unfortunately however, good performance is restricted to people relatively close to you or who have exceedingly good connections. Games I have played with people too far from me have lag. The further they are, AND the more people, the greater the lag (especially for the host).