Old November 13, 2002, 05:52   #241
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
As I said in earlier posts, I prefer the Spanish civ.

Give Carthage to the Legoland team !
Old November 13, 2002, 08:40   #242
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 04:09
I'm confused about wether to want Spam or Carthage.

Dude, can't we just have Persia?
Think about it: Great UU, Great Trait Combo.
(Sometimes in my games I just skip Knights altogether and keep pumping out Immortals, because, they're cheaper to build and have same attack-I really don't mind about mobility when I have Immortals conquering my enemies, )

Really though, if Arnelos (he's great about debating, I see,) could post a summary of Carthage that gives all the plus/minus and some Spain supporter could do so for Spain, maybe in a thread in the forum, then it would be easier.

Actually, I'd probably better go to the team forum and look because it's probably there.

EDIT: Fixed some flawed logic (i.e. asking Arnelos to do a summary of both civs and then asking someone else to do one of Spam again, )

Last edited by mrmitchell; November 13, 2002 at 08:49.
Old November 13, 2002, 10:18   #243
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Let's say Spain has their capital with 4 production at size 3 - thus obtaining the spear/settler combo in 13 turns.

Let's say Carthage has their capital with 5 production (they're industrious) at size 3 - thus obtaining the Numidian Merc/settler combo in 12 turns.
Forgive me if I am wrong (I am at work and don't have the game rules here) but wasn't the industrious bonus suposed to apply to cities bigger than size 6?

On the other hand, I would prefer Spain because they are industrious and these means cheaper temples. Cheaper temples means less angry citizens, quicker border expansions which is very important at the early game. Also would help our cities to not culture-flip-

The commercial bonus isn't as important in the early game, but in medium game this could give us a considerable amount of money.

As you can see my vote is for Spain
Old November 13, 2002, 13:43   #244
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 06:09
I can only access the privat forum through the link above. If I click on one of the icons, all I get is the list of who is in the group. I clicked on Join this forum, but the link does not appear on the opening page like all the other forum links do. Any ideas, advice, etc.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 13, 2002, 14:04   #245
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:09
Hmmm.

If my link doesn't work. Go to the topped thread in this forum that MarkG set up. He has links to all of the forums as well.

If that doesn't work, PM MarkG.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 13, 2002, 16:42   #246
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Togas..... the link you posted above in this thread does work. and the ones mark g has also do. Just that it would be nice to have a shortcut method like I do for the other forums.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 13, 2002, 17:23   #247
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

GK, I know what you mean.

I went and put a link to ours in my notepad, just to have a handy link in my control panel with all the others. But, I have a habit of using my control panel a ton. (old habit from Gazette...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 14, 2002, 20:06   #248
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:09
So have you guys decided upon a Civ yet? I don't know what's going on in your private forum as I can no longer access it (so it works).

I'm still hovering, and am basing my decision of team heavily on the civ that will be used...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 14, 2002, 20:10   #249
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

we had a poll to finalize our choice... I think it has closed out and just awaits Togas' signature before we declare a team.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 14, 2002, 20:29   #250
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It's EITHER Carthage or Spain.

Sorry that I can't be more clear right now. We're working out resolution to the poll since (as luck would have it) we actually have a TIE for the winning result.

I'll post here with the result later.

Thanks for your interest WIA. I'd be glad to have you as a part of this team. Hope to see you join us. Maybe you should post here and say which of the two civs above would make you most likely to join. I might use that to resolve the tie.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 14, 2002, 21:39   #251
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I think Spain would have a lot of roleplay potential, they did dominate the New World pretty well.
Old November 14, 2002, 21:48   #252
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 11:09
This look nice... Can I join in?
Old November 15, 2002, 01:20   #253
Togas
Emperor

Plague,

I have added you to our fun-loving team.

Welcome aboard! Now go join our thread and start posting.

--Togas
Old November 17, 2002, 08:17   #254
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:09
Well, I like Spain (naturally ). If you guys choose Spain then I am in, if not I will just be the token roleplayer/insano in Lux Invicta.

Please don't put your final choice down to me. I wouldn't be that useful, and if there are valid reasons for going for Carthage - do so. Your current team members always should take precedence with these decisions.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 17, 2002, 08:32   #255
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

This question may be silly, I didn't read the whole thread, may be it already has been answered, but... why does your team icon not show? Or is that white square with the red cross your icon? Or is it just my computer?
Old November 17, 2002, 08:54   #256
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
why does your team icon not show?
That's because we haven't choosed our icon yet (it depends on our civ choice).
Old November 17, 2002, 16:57   #257
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:09
Sir Ralph,

We HAVE two icons... we'll decide which one to take once the whole issue of whether we're giving Carthage to the Builders or keeping it has been resolved.

I really like our little elephant icon for Carthage, but our Spain icon isn't too bad.
Old November 18, 2002, 13:12   #258
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Hmm, so difficult to choose a civ?
Yeah, me too... Spain or Carthage? Hmm, difficult.

I was on Tunisian hotel once, called Hannibal Palace.
That was one helluva great place! I was stunned by it's splendor.
Lotsa elderly snobs, though...
But I've also been to the Spanish Canari Islands.
Tenerife got nice gray volcanic beaches with lotsa beautiful girls.

Well, I'll go for Hannibal Palace, AND the beautiful girls.
Old November 20, 2002, 13:27   #259
Togas
Emperor

We are now officially Spain.

Our membership is still open to anyone who is interested in joining our ranks.

--Togas
Old November 20, 2002, 13:32   #260
quantum_mechani
Alpha Centauri Democracy GamePtWDG Legoland
Prince

Local Time: 01:09
Unemployment Problems?
I am interested in joining the role-play team, but i'm worried that with so many players it will be difficult to find real jobs for everyone, especialy early on. I'd hate to be stuck controling a garrisoned spearmen in a size one city on a desert island for most of the game
Old November 20, 2002, 13:42   #261
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

quantum_mechanic,

It all depends on the extent of your talents, there are many jobs useful and interesting.
Old November 20, 2002, 13:48   #262
Togas
Emperor

We have a lot of members, but many of our members are more hands-off sorts of people. Many of them also don't have PTW yet and are more interested in the discussion than in controlling things right now.

Bottome line, we have job openings available, and we have plenty of important positions still not filled.

If you want to be active and want to be involved in an everchanging history, you can still join up.

--Togas
Old November 20, 2002, 14:35   #263
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
I've been trying to join most of the day, but it appears your team may be full also.
Old November 20, 2002, 14:38   #264
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Did you made a post in this thread saying you want to join ?
Old November 20, 2002, 14:43   #265
Togas
Emperor

TO JOIN
To join the team, you need to first click on "join" option beside the team name, and then PM me to ask me to authorize you.

All of the team forums are locked and can only be accessed by authorized members. I can only authorize you after you've clicked on the "join" option, as your name doesn't appear on the list until then.

--Togas

p.s. Thrumble, Nuclear Winter, and MrWIA have just been authorized.
Old November 20, 2002, 15:06   #266
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Welcome Thrumble, Nuclear Winter and MrWIA

It'll be great to role play with you all (while winning the game !!) !!!

Old November 20, 2002, 20:28   #267
Togas
Emperor

PUBLIC INFORMATION
The following is public release by the Roleplay Team:

Government: Despotism.

Government Procedure: Despot's word is law. Only other rule is mob rule for overthrowing the Despot.

Unquestioned Leader and Benevolent Dictator: Togas.

Foreign Minister: None. Prior to meeting any other nations, we have no reason to create such a position.
(note: once we meet your nation, a special ambassador will be appointed for EACH foreign Civilization, but all final decisions about foreign affairs will be made by the despot, of course)

Leader of our Army: None. What army? We don't even have a warrior.

Science/Domestic/Other Posts: What on Earth are you talking about? The only other important jobs in our tribe are the Rites Master for our Ceremonial Burials, and the Slave Master

Membership: Open. No limit. Will be closed once the game begins.

Roleplaying: Not all members are required to always play their character, but all civilization decisions and related discussion threads will be done in RP style with RP posts once the game begins (and to a great extent already).

Civilization: Spain.

Questions? Post here or send via PM.

--Togas
Old November 20, 2002, 22:31   #268
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

On foreign ambassadors: Will there only be a foreign ambassador for each human team, or will there be one for each AI too? This is probably a stupid question but hey, it might be important.
Old November 21, 2002, 13:29   #269
Togas
Emperor

Probably only for the human teams, but if there's enough interest I may assign for AI teams as well.

--Togas
Old November 21, 2002, 23:31   #270
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I won't have the game for quite a while and my duties in the C3DG will be very taxing until mid December, but I'd like to take a crack at it.

Consider me to be tenatively signed up.

E_T

P.S. I would have voted for Carthage.....