Old October 31, 2002, 21:46   #1
solar
Settler

Local Time: 05:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
16 or 24 players
This may be a stupid question, but I was wondering, since PTW has 24 civs can you play with 24 instead of 16 in a game without using a mod. Also would playing with 24 civs make turns unbearably long?
Old October 31, 2002, 21:49   #2
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

I don't think you can start a game with more than 16 civs however, the editor seems to allow for a 32 civ scenario :hmm:

I haven't tried PTW SP yet.
Old October 31, 2002, 21:51   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

you'll have to go to the editor and make a mod for 24 civs (or 31 if you have the civs created or downloaded)

I made a mod called 31civs where I just upped the max on all maps to 31 (even though I only have 24 in the game). no other changes, so its the basic game except more players.

as for length, yes, it does play a factor. but figure that there is less space for each civ, and it isnt so much worse.
Old October 31, 2002, 22:07   #4
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:10
Currently playing a game on a tiny map with 24 civs. Pretty fun (though quite crowded, as you'd expect).
Old October 31, 2002, 22:16   #5
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Currently playing a game on a tiny map with 24 civs. Pretty fun (though quite crowded, as you'd expect).
good choice fun game.