Old November 1, 2002, 02:48   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civ3 - Apolyton Empire: Game
(OOC: just creating the thread, and won't post anything as part of the game just yet. the game starts in on January 1st, 1400CE. also note we have an Alliance with the Americans, Affiliates with the Iroquois and at peace the English, whom we have dislike relations for each other mainly because we help the Americans to declare independence from them a while back, we are also Naval rivals.)

Last edited by Mellian; November 12, 2002 at 11:58.
Old November 1, 2002, 11:23   #2
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:11
occ: Just a quick note that all neses will be moved to a new forum in the near future. Links will be supplied when this occurs
Old November 1, 2002, 22:51   #3
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:11
Date: Jan 1400
To Civman2000, Moderator of the great Apolyton Empire:
I have been going over the state of our armed forces. Our defenses seem to be in order, but we all know the danger that the English are to us. I propose expanding the navy and train our ground troops so that we will be able to send them into combat in England. I would also like to see our ground armies expanded as well. I would also like to see if the Americans would be open to letting us place troops in their land near the English border. This would allow us to be able to strike at the English when needed.
Old November 2, 2002, 01:48   #4
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 04:11
bump
Old November 2, 2002, 02:10   #5
Mellian
Queen

January 1st, 1400

Mellian enters the Palace's Council room to find it empty, other then the maids cleaning the table up a bit. Again, she is the first to arrive, oh well, more time to prepare her Foreign Affairs report and suggestions.
Old November 2, 2002, 11:03   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

January 11, 1400

Supreme Moderator civman I has arrived at the Apolitonkan Palace. He has received the message from the Commander of the Military, and forwarded it to teh Domestic Advisor, who is to build up the miltary in cities of his choosing.

The Moderator has also proposed to the Domestic Advisor a division of our island into provinces:
Kanimen Province: Apolyton (Capital), Vikan, Chotrikan, Koahop, Vegeimen City, Edirdwein, Edgopwein, Komoedgo.
Edirdal Province: Edird City (Capital), Edkoro, Einted, Einkomore, Wedal, Fewoedal, Arhei, Edhop.
Woahop Province: Koakoho, Sanhopi, Gowoasanwein, Gowoasan, Kowoahopi, Woawein (Capital), Koawoa, Woakomore, Goein.
Komoed Province: Vikomore, Hanmontrei, Womore, Lahopi, Trikomore (Capital), Keikomore, Komoedird.

Update:

Appointments of Apolyton's First Moderator civman I (i dont like being immortal, i prefer being a dynasty):
Vice-Moderator: jdd2007
Foreign Minister: Mellian
...Minister of External Finances (ie Trade): Easthaven I
...Director of Intelligenced Espionage: Sheep
Domestic Advisor: Giovanni Wine
...Minister of the Arts and Sciences (ie Culture and Science): johncmcleod
...Minister of Internal Finances: Metaliturtle
......Assistant Minister of Internal Finances: gooberboob
Military Advisor: Jack_www
...Commander of the Navy and Overseas Exploration: cbraund
...Commander of National Defense: mmtt
......Colonel of the Kanimen Province: Lord Zalzabad

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; November 3, 2002 at 09:32.
Old November 2, 2002, 11:15   #7
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

OOC: Method for finding date:
30*(GMT-6)/24. If GMT<6:00, then it will still be the month before.

Examples: 3:30 GMT-->the 27th of the monthe before
15:45 GMT-->the 12th
23:00 GMT-->the 21st

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 2, 2002, 12:02   #8
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:11
January 12, 1400
(correct me if the date is wrong cause I'm really confused)

Having read the letter sent by his greatness civman I, the trusty Domestic Advisor, Giovanni Wine reply that he likes the city names and agree to the division of the Apolyton Empire into 4 provinces...

However I would like to propose as Province names the names of our great leaders.

This is our proposal

MarkG Province: Apolyton (Capital), Vikan, Chotrikan, Koahop, Vegeimen City, Edirdwein, Edgopwein, Komoedgo.
DanQ Province: Edird City (Capital), Edkoro, Einted, Einkomore, Wedal, Fewoedal, Arhei, Edhop.
Ming Province: Koakoho, Sanhopi, Gowoasanwein, Gowoasan, Kowoahopi, Woawein (Capital), Koawoa, Woakomore, Goein.
Rah Province: Vikomore, Hanmontrei, Womore, Lahopi, Trikomore (Capital), Keikomore, Komoedird.

I hope you like those proposal (and I hope the people up there won't ban me)

Saluti

EDIT: Date corrected, and civman spelling corrected
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Last edited by Giovanni Wine; November 2, 2002 at 15:00.
Old November 2, 2002, 14:54   #9
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: The date of Giovanni's message is January 12, not February 12.
January 16, 1400
Memo sent to all: My name is not "Civman". It is "civman". Anyone who gets it wrong again will be beheaded .
Proposal from the Domestic Advisor accepted. May we continue to honor the past Moderators and all worship teh current one as well

Old November 2, 2002, 15:05   #10
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

January 17, 1400

I, Giovanni Wine, as the Domestic Advisor, formally apologize to the great and wise moderator civman I for my mistakes, I will be wiser in the furute on the chioce of my words.

I will punish myself for it

And I will worship your highness every moment of my life

"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 2, 2002, 22:37   #11
Mellian
Queen

OOC: I don't get the dating formula, so basing it from Giovanni...2 hours later, so 2 days later....

January 26, 1400

TO: Moderator civman

The Americans are informing us that the English recently completed their research on Magnetism, 3 years ahead then expected. It is confirmed by the Ottomans and Egyptians who happen to have Embassies at London.

I don't have any information on how the English acquired the technology so quickly. It was suggested by Sheep that we should Infiltrate their empire. I agree, it doesn't help that we don't have much information on what they are doing. Also not to comfortable to always depend on the Americans (who, naturally, have Infiltrated the English) to tell us what the Brits are doing.

In another matter entirally, Easthaven reports that the Gems-Ivory deal with the Ottomans is up and they are not interested in renewing the deal. They didn't explain why they wouldn't. (Domestic Advisor as been informed of this)

Last edited by Mellian; November 4, 2002 at 12:52.
Old November 3, 2002, 07:03   #12
mmtt
Warlord

Then I will take the great post of Commander of National defense. I pledge allegiance to the great and illustrous moderator civman2000.

Well I would say i'm posting the 6th of february. But I have doubts on it.
-------------
I'm not sure about joining in this thread but Sheep told me to do so...
I will immediatly proceed to the training of our mighty land forces as the Military advisor stated.

If my rank is too low, may I be some young general?
Old November 3, 2002, 09:41   #13
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: I just realized that the formula should be modified a bit: you should always round up your final result. Also, if you want to be more accurate, you can use however many days there are in the current month, but then it gets a bit morecomplicated.

Quote:
OOC: I don't get the dating formula, so basing it from Giovanni...2 hours later, so 2 days later....

January 19, 1400
This was the 26th.

Quote:
Well I would say i'm posting the 6th of february. But I have doubts on it.
Congratualations,you got it right!

February 9th, 1400
To the Foreign Ministry and Ministry of External Finances: WHo else has Ivory or oterh resources to trade? Could we be able to make frinds with Russia or GErmany? Make contact with them, and also Egypt, Babylon, adn that pink country next to them (you never named it in teh Great Library!). See if anyone has physics and would be willing to trade. Also, I want an embassy built in England with whatever funds we have available. After that, find out who is trading with England!

To mmtt: you are welcomed as the new Commander of National Defense.

TO the Commander of the Navy and Overseas Exploration (he seems to have disappeared so the Military advisor can answer as well): England's ports are few. Would a blockade be feasible? Meanwhile, bring most of the ships into port to prepare to upgrade.

TO the DOmestic ADvisor: 60% of the coastal cities should be building Corvettes, and 30% should be making Caravels.

OOC: Who has what wonders? WHich ones have yet to be built?

Old November 3, 2002, 11:11   #14
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

February 11, 1400
To civman2000, the Great Moderator:
I want to set up three bases for our forces in America. I want to lave a lave enough force( about 40 to 60 units) there to invade England at any time. I would also like to see our training of our men improve. What I want to do is to have wargames with the troops so they can train wil the real weapons and be in the feild and see how it really is with out getting hurt. Of course it would be hard to keep track of who wins, but the improtant thing is we get to see how our troops preform and were they need to improve.

Last edited by Jack_www; November 3, 2002 at 20:14.
Old November 3, 2002, 11:25   #15
civman2000
Emperor

Date correction: The above post was on February 11th, not 15th.
February 11th, 1400
TO teh Military ADvisor: Request denied. We need to establish naval supremacy first. Anyways, America might start to not like us if we do that.

To all: I want a naval war with England. What are your opinions on this? Should we build up a privateer force or actually declare war?

Memo to all: If people continue tomess up the date by the time we get to 1401, there may be some consequences .

Once again, the formula: 30*(GMT-6)/24. If the result is negative, add 30 and it's the month before. To be more accurate you can replace 30 by however many days there are in teh current month, but that is not required.

Old November 3, 2002, 15:56   #16
Mellian
Queen

OOC: please post in the Great library step by step on how to calculate the date...i suck in math

Quote:
February 9th, 1400
To the Foreign Ministry and Ministry of External Finances: WHo else has Ivory or oterh resources to trade? Could we be able to make frinds with Russia or GErmany? Make contact with them, and also Egypt, Babylon, adn that pink country next to them (you never named it in teh Great Library!). See if anyone has physics and would be willing to trade. Also, I want an embassy built in England with whatever funds we have available. After that, find out who is trading with England!
February 10th, 1400

There is a few nations that have Ivory, but most already have traded out or it is their only sources which they want to keep. Best bet is with the Romans, who they informed me that the English as broken their trade deal with them. We can negociate wether they be interested in Gems in exchange for Ivory.

We are at peace with the wealthy Russians and the resourful Germans, but they don't seem interested to go much further then that. It is also known that they are Friends with the English. Of course, i'll contact them again. As for Egypt, Greece and Babylon, we are in constant contact and have peaceful relations.

umm, also sir, we were originally leading in researching Physics in the world, followed by the English. As to how they acquired the technology so quickly is still in question. The Americans informed me that the English have started research on "Metallurgy". It is unknown when they will complete their research.

I'll make another attempt to establish an embassy in London, but they may deny us again. Are best chance is to simply infiltrate them, which will allow to better find out who they are trading with their current relations with other nations.

Quote:
TO the Commander of the Navy and Overseas Exploration (he seems to have disappeared so the Military advisor can answer as well): England's ports are few. Would a blockade be feasible? Meanwhile, bring most of the ships into port to prepare to upgrade.
OOC: they may not have a lot of coastal cities, but they have the biggest navy next to us which may prevent us from such attempts

to others: i prefer that people post in the discussion thread then have OOC only posts in the game thread.

Last edited by Mellian; November 4, 2002 at 12:54.
Old November 3, 2002, 15:59   #17
mmtt
Warlord

February 16th, 1400:
(occ: for minute just put them in decimal I think: exemple 13:30 (GMT-6) would mean 30*13.3/24.)

We can't counter England navy with only boats. We may win but the cost would be huge. We should research a way to get more powerful warships and fight them inland. Our friends, American, would surely grant us free passage over their territory. If we can have the help of Germany and Russia, England won't last long.

I think military advisor, mr. jack, is right. We need to be aware of our troops. I would say this could be called Active Duty Operation. We will divide our troops in two teams. The first one would attack from sea and by land covered by our ships and the other one, in fact English, would defend.

-----------------
We need to get metallurgy. I'm aware of the possibility of having big muskets, known as cannon, able to destroy city walls. We could then adapt then on ships, making then a powerful navy able to crush England one.
Old November 3, 2002, 16:21   #18
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
To all: I want a naval war with England. What are your opinions on this? Should we build up a privateer force or actually declare war?
February 18th, 1400

We may have a bigger navy, but they have faster ships because of their Magellan Wonder. How effective would Privateers be if the English knew what direction they came from, as they cannot enter the ocean without getting lost? Another reason whyPrivateers wouldn't work at this point is because Pirates are nearly non-existant in the Atlantic Ocean, which is heavily travelled by the two biggest navies in the world. It will be pretty easy for the English to know that it is our doing.

My opinion is that we wait until we can infiltrate the English before we start any war.
Old November 3, 2002, 16:25   #19
Mellian
Queen

February 19th. 1400

TO: Sheep, Minister of Intelligence and Espionage

I suggest that you assign some spies to the Diplomatic Caravel that will be sent London. If they succeed in establishing an Embassy, the spies are to Infiltrate the English. If not, the Caravel will be re-directed to the nearest american port, where the spies to infiltrate the English from.
Old November 3, 2002, 17:15   #20
Easthaven I
Prince

February 20th, 1400 (i hope)

To: Moderator civman2000

Great moderator, I propose we establish more trade with nations who we don’t have any firm relations with. Such as the Babylonians, they have no strategic resources, if we were to offer them some iron or horses I’m sure they will give us much as well as become a strong ally in the future. These small nations that have little or no strategic resources to defend themselves, we could equip them with the proper weaponry and they could become formidable allies in the future against our rival, England. Such nations include: the Babylonians, the Arabs, the Persians, and the Koreans.

Ivory issue: The friendly Romans are willing to trade their ivory for gems.

Issue on Naval war with England: Although this isn’t my department, I suggest we increase trade with other nations and gain support so that our reputation won’t be one of a war-monger. We should find reasons that would convince other nations that we were justified in going to war, we don’t want the majority of the nations in the world having an unfriendly or cautious attitude towards us. I also suggest we talk to our ally America about this issue in order to gain open support from them as well. And a few trade embargoes on the English would also help in weakening their economy somewhat before we enter a war with them.
==

We could also possibly acquire dyes from the Iroquois if offer them our last supply of furs.
==

The French have no luxuries. We could trade them a luxury for their horses since we only have one source for these beasts an extra source could be useful.

-Minister Easthaven I

Long live the moderator!!!
Old November 3, 2002, 20:32   #21
Jack_www
King

February 23, 1400
To Moderator of the Empire, civman200:
I believe that your dissicion is a bad one. We will have to set up the bases sooner or latter. I would like to start form a invasion force for England. Also I agree with Mr. mmtt is right, we need more advanced ships. If we were to attack the navy of the English, both sides would suffer heavy losses. The strong point of the English is their navy. There coast is patrolled by their ships, thus would be very difficult to make a invasion by sea, our troops would be wiped out even before they had a chance to get off the transports.

We need an stagging area to gather and prepare our troops for the English invasion. An invasion be sea would be total diaster.
Old November 3, 2002, 20:57   #22
Easthaven I
Prince

February 23, 1400
To Commander Jack_www, Military Advisor:

What if you launched your invasion from America? I'm sure we could negotiate with our ally for a right of passage agreement. We send our troops to the edge of the border and once you give the word they invade and the English wouldn't be as prepared as they would be if we sent a fleet of ships across the sea, that would be too obvious of our intentions.

We could also explain to the English and to the world that our troops are in America simply to participate in wargames with our ally. Just training exercises, just like you wanted.
Could it work? Or should I just stick to gems and spices?

Just a suggestion from your fellow advisor.

-Minister Easthaven I
Old November 4, 2002, 03:23   #23
Jack_www
King

Re: February 23, 1400
That is what I wanted to do but the Great Moderator civman2000 turn my request down.

Quote:
Originally posted by Easthaven I
To Commander Jack_www, Military Advisor:

What if you launched your invasion from America? I'm sure we could negotiate with our ally for a right of passage agreement. We send our troops to the edge of the border and once you give the word they invade and the English wouldn't be as prepared as they would be if we sent a fleet of ships across the sea, that would be too obvious of our intentions.

We could also explain to the English and to the world that our troops are in America simply to participate in wargames with our ally. Just training exercises, just like you wanted.
Could it work? Or should I just stick to gems and spices?

Just a suggestion from your fellow advisor.

-Minister Easthaven I
Old November 4, 2002, 04:01   #24
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:11
Feburary 29th 1400
From the Ministry of Intellegience and Espionage (I know Espionage is great!!!)

I set out the following proposals. One I send spies into England, in a weeks time, to try and gather information on the weaknesses and the strengths of English military power. The obvious one is the English lead in naval technology. Their Man-O-War's are destructive and play havoc to our mighty fleets.

Secondly, I propose the setting up of a ASIO (Apolyton Security Intrllegince Organisation) This ogranisation would be implanted into Apolyton society and root out all enemies to either the regime or those that a favourable to the English. This would also help us protect ourselves from similar English manouvers. This organisation would be answerable to me, and I would report staright to our moderator about any significant happenings.
Old November 4, 2002, 12:42   #25
Mellian
Queen

OOC: umm, sheep? they just got magnetism ...forget the My other posts saying physics, will edit them... but still, they just got it. so you can't expect them to have Man'o'Wars right away silly don't like doing OOC only, but have no choice.... also to note, in Civ3 it is required Magnetism for frigates/man'o'wars' and galleons.

Last edited by Mellian; November 4, 2002 at 12:49.
Old November 4, 2002, 14:24   #26
civman2000
Emperor

March 16th, 1400
Executive Orders:
To the Military Advisor: I changed my mind. Send the troops to America.
To the Minister of External Finances: Go for making friends with the Arabas and Koreans. Also, make that deal with Rome. Trade with the Iroqs is your own choice, you can do it if you want.
To the Director of Intelligence and Espionage: I want some "trading vessels" filled with spies sent to America. From there I want them to go to Enlgand and try to join the British navy. If it works we could end up with operatives on almost every British ship! I also want you to research teh feasaiblity of stealing British research.

Old November 4, 2002, 14:52   #27
Easthaven I
Prince

March 16, 1400

UPDATE

To: Moderator civman2000

Dear Great One,

Rome: Trade agreement established, Gems for Ivory. 15 years. They were very pleased when I came to them with this offer, since their agreement with the English was canceled, a friendly people, I say.

I went to Arabia and we engaged in negotiations. They were very glad we were willing to aid them with strategic resources. We have given them saltpeter so that they may defend their cities with the revolutionary muskets. They treated me like a king during my stay. In return, they are paying us 5-15 gold payments in a total of 20 installations, I allowed them the flexability to pay us when they are able to and as long as they try. I made a point that the friendship and safety between our two country's was our concern. I also met a beautiful woman while I was there, but I'm sure you do not care.

Right now, I'm in Korea and they are also pleased with our offers. Saltpeter for spices I'm trying to negotiate, they are willing to pay 15 payments of 3-10 as well when they can pay. They were even kinder than the Arabs. There was this beautiful lady that caught my eye at their palace, she was a wild woman! but I will not burden you with my love life.

Iroquois: I was unable to make a deal with them. The tribal leaders could not agree on anything! Hiawatha was very frustrated, the tribes were split in two, one half wanted to scalp me while the other wanted to make the deal and offer peace and long lasting friendship. These savages were frightening, I left as soon as I could. There women were painful, believe me, stay away from the Iroqui women.

I will be returning soon, once I finalize the contracts with the Koreans. All in all, I'd say my trip was a success besides the frightening experience with the Iroquois, truly strange.

From Your Minister of External Finances,

Easthaven I
Old November 4, 2002, 16:28   #28
civman2000
Emperor

March 19th, 1400
To the Minister of External Finances: I applaud your efforts. Give the Arabs a good deal, one that favors them over us.

Old November 4, 2002, 16:41   #29
mmtt
Warlord

March 19th, 1400
To Military Advisor: As his highness, the great moderator of Apolyton Empire, stated, we have to send troops to America. In this duty, you can be sure I will deserve my place as Commander of National Defense and stand at your side in these upcoming days. You will be proud of our troops.
Apolyton's flag will stand high in America!

In this goal, I'm requesting authorization to select officers and regiments sent to USA as a first expeditionary force. They need to be ready when America accepts our proposal of which I'm certain.
--------------------------------
I would to be aware of our lastest research if this so called metallurgy? To crush our enemy, we need superiority in weapons, number and training.
Old November 4, 2002, 18:44   #30
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: The Commander of National Defense is meant to be in chaarge of defense...sending the troops to America to prepare an attack on England sounds like offense...

March 22nd, 1400
To teh Minister of INternal Finances: I want funds diverted from luxuries, internal improvements, and the treasury towards science and the military.
To the Minister of the Arts and Sciences (Domestic Advisor if cbraund doesn't respond): Use your new resources to begin researching "metallurgy".

OOC: given that most information in the GL is in terms of years, it seems that this game will go pretty slowly. Magnetism will be discovered in 2 years. IRL, that would be in 22 days (Jan. 1402), over three weeks. Perhaps wecould make each day be, say, 3 months... Of course then the date formula gets more complicated.