Old November 16, 2002, 02:36   #331
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
In Washington the CIA building has been blown up. Amny casualties have been suffered, along with those thought of carrying out the attacks, the Secretary of State and the Director of the CIA. Sheep's Heroes, a recognised terrorist association working against Apolyton, from inside the European Union has claimed responsbilty.
Old November 16, 2002, 03:50   #332
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: blow up with what? concept of terrorists and bombing stuff appears in the modern age hun
again, stop with the instant boom boom and kill kill stuff!
not much of a story......

easthaven, just curious, but our numbers seem to increase a lot every post you mention it Apolyton's population as 5-10 million people... with the latest number, thats like 600+ units..... more then i ever built in the game
be careful with the numbers, getting more and more ridiculous.... only the late-medieval age! yet already feels like world war 1.. also think about the massive amount of supplies they would need! so the original combine number of 200 000 to 300 000 makes more sense... Aztec and Zulus forces in france is around 100 000. around London, the combine EU force is 300 000.
50 000 - 80 000 of those are french. Bulk of the English army is spreaded among the core cities around London with Russian/German/Spanish/French(not really, lol) support, expecting a Apolyton invasion

also, cities are usually self-sufficient in food, minerals and so on...unless your sieging the city and blocking off area within their radius. isolating them from rest of of the civ doesn't starve them out.... which the CIv3 game itself as proven.

if this continues, we are better off timewarping to MId or Late Industrial.

Last edited by Mellian; November 16, 2002 at 04:12.
Old November 16, 2002, 04:11   #333
Mellian
Queen

double post
Old November 16, 2002, 09:10   #334
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
March 8th, 1401
To the Domestic Advisor: I know we're in a war, and most of our resources are devoted to it. HOwever, I want you to try to spare some resources to build/rebuild our cities, especially those hurt by the Civil War.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 16, 2002, 10:29   #335
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:12
Quote:
easthaven, just curious, but our numbers seem to increase a lot every post you mention it Apolyton's population as 5-10 million people... with the latest number, thats like 600+ units..... more then i ever built in the game
Speak for yourself , in my latest game, my Roman Repubblic was spending over 1200+ gold per turn because of military (that's over 1200 units, not counting slaves since they are free ones ).

And I was still having 2 legions in Rome, and I liked them to be considered "my personal guards"

-------------------
Cognac

IC:
To: Field Marshall Easthaven.

If it's not too much for you, I would take a number of Fox raider, enough to bring up my troops up to a good 3'000 units (that means I have to take a bit more that 2600 raiders)
I have already selected a list of those who I think would make excelent units for me.

--

After tha attack from the Sheep assasin against him, Cognac was still a bit shocked, but thanks to his loyal Kevin, he was now looking forward in order to get into action again, in order to prove himself that he was still the same as always.

-------------------

Vodka

After the promotion from the Military Academy of Apolyton, and the promotion to Colonel was the most important thing for him, he had finally the same rank of his younger brother, and had 2 regiments under his command.

He appointed his classmate, Captain Frigo as the commander of the 21st regiment.

His two regiments were huge, he never saw that many soldiers together, and he felt that with all those men, and with him in command, Apolyton Island would be safe.

------

To: Field Marshall Mark Thunderfire

I thank you for the trust you are showing toward me, My troops are big and strong, although I noticed that the morale of the 21st Regiment is a bit low, but I think this won't be a problem, I've appointed Captain Frigo as their commander, he had very good grades in the morale incentives course, and I'm not bad myself.

I thank you a lot for everything you did... you are like a father for me

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 16, 2002, 10:38   #336
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
To: all ministers

If I do not get these figures I want soon, then no funds will be issued from the treasury. No troops will get paid, no buildings will be upkept. If your massive millitary machine does not get paid, then it WILL muteny, no matter how loyal it is. Few men will put thier lives on the line for nothing!

(a very angry) Minister of Trade and the Economy, Drako Chuko
Old November 16, 2002, 10:44   #337
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

March 12th, 1401
To Chuko: If you do not give funds to the military you will be fired.

OOC: I've noticed that people haven't been saying the dates in their posts. Try to remember to do that.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 16, 2002, 10:57   #338
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

12 March 1401
To Moderator, I can not give out funds if I haven't got a budget! At the moment, I have no idea of how much gold we are getting in. I have no idea how much the army will cost to maintain. I have no idea at what the science and luxury rates are at. Therefore, i cannot alocate any gold. Ask your generals to give me this information, or else the nation will be broke

Minister for Trade and the Economy, Drako Chuko
Old November 16, 2002, 11:02   #339
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: Mellian, can you give us some figures on the status of our economy/treasury? that would solve the budget problem

Old November 16, 2002, 11:05   #340
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Thankyou, civman, that is what I was after all along
Old November 16, 2002, 11:21   #341
mmtt
Warlord

OOC:
I would like to know our army size, number of regiments if their numbers increased.
What are we researching? How long before it will be done?
Could you also give us the outcome of English invasion as it would be the most realistic?

Thanks that's quite a work.

-------------------------
To Chief of Staff:
Major Harrington has been sent to America and will be placed under Field Marshall Easthaven command.

To Chuko:
We need at least to be sure that soldiers will be paid as the offensive will soon start.

To Field Marshalls:
Green light, let's going in.
First, it would be wise to cut the English army along the border during the first week and to start our pincers with fast units. Meanwhile infantry and artillery will directly head to London.

To Giovanni Vodka:
You are my adopted son (ooc: if you want...). Would like you to command with your brother in England?

Last edited by mmtt; November 16, 2002 at 13:23.
Old November 16, 2002, 11:47   #342
Mellian
Queen

OOC: will do....... hey! Give the 21st back to Colonel Harrington! I want to make a big thing over this! 21st who was loyal to their Colonel and are part of ARM, won't be please >

March 1401 (still don't how to caulculat the dates properlly)

TO Military Advisor
FROM CHief of Staff

Field Marshall as arrested Colonel Harrington because she took the initiative to take out Sheep's hide-out. I DEMAND that she is to be released and given her command back. Also a good idea to transfer her unit to Vegeimen City.

News from the American Ambassador to Mellian...

CIA building (OOC: which was hidden and no one knew about! they are pre-ESPIONAGE spies, same with everywhere else) in washington as been destroyed, despite what you have heard. There was a explosion, but didn't do much damage and the fire was distengished pretty quickly thanks to the neighbours, who didn't know what we were, lol.

OOC: in that day and age, a big explosion requires lot of gunpowder....which you can't quickly sneak into a high security place without anyone noticing.
Old November 16, 2002, 11:59   #343
mmtt
Warlord

OOC: Well, maybe but Giovanni Vodka is in command. Maybe major Harrington will command the 21st but under the command of Giovanni Vodka.
But I think I understand why you want this regiment.

EDITED

June 1st, 1401

At dawn, cannon fire was heard. Dust was seen coming toward the English soldier. Soon, enough, what he has been expecting for a year had become true. Apolyton Army was invading Britain.
“Alarm!! Close the gates! Close the gates! Enemy cavalry is coming!”
As the bell rang, the sleeping fort awoke. Soldiers quickly stood up, took their rifles and regrouped at the yard. Meanwhile the barbarians, the Apolyton elite forces, the Fox riders, came nearer and nearer.
The cannonade was covering them. A shell came loudly through the morning sky and landed in a fireball at the gates. One second earlier, it stood proudly, now it was only ashes and dust. A horse jumped over it followed by more and more. The English were in panic.
The cannons weren’t shooting anymore and now, regiments of musket men were coming downhill.
The English soldier tried to hide but those riders were coming from everywhere, riding in circle shooting, charging with their swords forward and slashing a poor soldier. In a few minutes, the fort was quite once again as the Apolyton flag was standing above it.

Corpses of dead soldiers were everywhere. Most of them wore a red uniform in a pool of blood with a scare cutting their throat.
–camera low as boots of Apolyton soldiers are passing by, legs of horses are also seen. Voices are louder and suddenly a boot land in the mud violently-

“-Full success, the English were in their beds while my riders were already in the fort.
-Well the artillery did a nice success but I was fearing they would continue to fire while our cavalry was in the fort.
-The signal came just before they shoot.
-Did we suffer casualties?
-Only a few men. Some English tried to fire with a cannon but it blew up while a few riders charged them.
-Well, we must be at Newcastle gates before the night. You will immediately send a scout to report General Sukomore advance. We must link with him as soon as possible.
-Affirmative! What about the artillery, they are too slow to follow our cavalry.
-You will command the second regiment of Fox riders and try to reach Newcastle gates as fast possible. If you can, try to enter the city and feint to be some English knights, I dunno. If you can hold the gates when our infantry will attack, Newcastle will be taken earlier than expected.
-At your orders! I will take some English uniforms and try to find an interpret.
-Very good!”

Last edited by mmtt; November 20, 2002 at 08:31.
Old November 16, 2002, 12:01   #344
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
March 1401
To Chief of Staff Mellian:
I have heard of this attack on Liam Sheep's hideout, and am glad that there is one less traitor in Apolyton, but the Millitary has a chain of command that must be followed. I will make sure that she is able to stay in the Millitary, but we cannot let her go free. If it were a man I would do the same thing. If one of my general attack a English city on their own thinking that the time was right, and maybe I dont want that force to attack that city because it would completely mess up the war plan. If you can provide proof that she was acting under orders by her commanding officer, that would be different. As I understand it she has been transfered to a unit in England, and I will not transfer her back now.
Old November 16, 2002, 12:05   #345
Mellian
Queen

OOC: I just would like to say that blitzkrieg assault will be hard to and do expect lot more resistance then expected.

English populace will resist like crazy within captured cities.

EU forces around London will go to York and Warwick, and i the middle, right away to stop the Invasion... that where some of the heaviest fighting will be... where you may need to rethink your plans... hey, no plan survives contact with the enemy.. Rest of thee heavy fighting will happen in and around London, where the French units will stay as they mainly defensive unit there which are more effective then rest of EU... so that is where they will turn on their ally during the York/Warwick battles. Queen Elizabeth will leave London when the battles at York and Warwick happens, before the French turn around and cause problems.

When we get to York and Warwick, the Aztecs/Zulus will attack, using their own plans...because they are arrogant There will also be some major naval confrontations...

i'll do the numbers in the the great library..... but suggest we tone down the from 500 000 and 600 000 please... doesn't instantly increase that quickly.... one Galleon squadron can only carry 4 000 troops at the time... while a Caravel squadron (one unit) can only carry 2 000 troops at the time.

EDIT:

Do realize you have to be a General to command more then one unit. Colonel commands one and Major commands a battalion within the regiment unit... A Captain commands a Company and then a Lieutenant commands a platoon. Get your ranking system right! and doubt Vodka will be quickly promoted to General....else that will create a lot of issues with the troops.... favouristism causes more problems then anything.

anyway, i won' be able to do the numbers until later in the asfternoon or tonite, as i have to take a shower and go somewhere.

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; November 16, 2002 at 12:12.
Old November 16, 2002, 12:11   #346
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

March 8, 1400
To Field Marshall Easthaven and Thunderfire(secret):
Once the weather is good I want to launch the invasion of Britain. So I would like to start in a week, but if weather is bad then we will post pone the attack untill weather improves.

On anther matter, what happened with Colonel Harrington? As I understand it she attacked a hide out of Liam Sheep, when she was suppost to be protecting one of our cities. I cannot stand for this. I promiced the Cheif of Staff she would stay in the Millitary, but I dont want her commanding any unit untill she learns that one obeys their orders, and does going launching offensives on their own.
Old November 16, 2002, 12:23   #347
mmtt
Warlord

March 13, 1401 (at least it seems for me)
To Field Marshall Jack_www
Colonel Harrington has been degraded to Major rank. She is in America under Easthaven command.

OOC:
Well, Vodka will comand max 2 regiments but I'm not sure they are really big.
I forgot about major rank sorry.
Old November 16, 2002, 12:28   #348
Jack_www
King

OOC:
mmtt, I put March 8 to go along with your march 15 post were we start attack the English.
Old November 16, 2002, 15:05   #349
Easthaven I
Prince

March 17th 1401
Frontlines

Field Marshall Easthaven was discussing plans inside the Command Tent, they had a map spread out on a table. 5 other officers were with him.

Lieutenant Benkirk came in with a woman officer at his side.

"Sir, Major Harrington reporting for duty, transfered from the 21st Regiment in Apolyton." The Lt. handed Easthaven a piece of paper.

"That is all men, we'll continue this tomorrow before dawn." The group of officers left saluting and saying their 'yes sir's.

Easthaven read the paper and looked up at the two officers.

"You may go now, Lieutenant."

"Yes sir." The Lieutenant left.

"Well, Major, I was told about what happened to you but I'd like to here it from you."

Major Harrington told him the whole story.

"hmm...I see.... Well Major, although I applaud your initiative I do not applaud your individuality. If you want individuality join politics, not the military. The Army does not have room for individuality or soldiers acting on their own behalf. The chain of command is there for a reason, to keep the military in order and stable, what if everybody did their own little missions because they all thought each little mission was important?"

"It would be chaotic, sir." She said starting to understand his point and her wrongdoing.

"Exactly. It is all about teamwork and doing what needs to be done for the man...ahem...and woman next to you. Together we are a magnificent beast, individually we are only but ants on a hill vulnerable to anyone wanting to crush us. Understand Major?" He said as he began rolling up the map on the table and placing it inside a small bag hanging on his belt.

"Yes sir."The Major thought this conversation was leading to her doom or even worse, another demotion.

"Well, I have no doubt you are a good officer, but I do not want somebody undermining the chain of command, you will not do that ever again. Understand?"

"Yes sir." She held her head up high, ready to take the next beating.

"Well, Major I'm sure you've learned your lesson. I'm giving you command of the 15th Musket regiment, their CO was killed by an English infiltrator." He began writing it on a slip of paper. He walked over and held it out to the Major. " DO NOT undermine the chain of command again Major, you've been given a second chance here. Your commanding officer is Colonel Hasty. Good man. You won't get your rank back until you've earned it. Its a whole different story out here on the frontlines, no heated barracks or hot chow like you got back in APolyton. Take the advise of your sergeants. Good luck" He let go of the piece of paper and walked out, leaving Major Harrington in the CP looking at the slip.

She became determined to prove herself and earn this second chance the Field Marshall gave to her. She was given a chance to fight for her country and she shall...
Old November 16, 2002, 15:15   #350
Jack_www
King

March 17, 1401
To Field Marshall Easthaven(secret):
I was thinking of going to America and visting the troops at the front lines and to help bost the morale. I hope to recieve a report soon on the progress of our troops. We should also be scouting for the English army and find out were their main force is.

ooc:
If mmtt and easthaven want we can go to the chatroom and talk about the story, I will be there.

Last edited by Jack_www; November 16, 2002 at 15:21.
Old November 16, 2002, 15:21   #351
Easthaven I
Prince

OOC: I believe that 600,000 was possible but if you wish to lower it to 400,000 to 500,000 I understand, sorry. And I don't think all of the English populace would resist, not all civilians in any war gave any significant type of resistance except for maybe the French Resistance of WW2. The blitz assualt from the Fox riders will be too fast for the soldiers of London to catch up with them, by the time they got to York and Warwick the Fox Riders(tip of the blitz) would be far past them and able to surround them if necessary, the English would run into the Infantry and knights. And once the English leave London the French can easily sieze the capital surrounding the english forces in an even tighter pocket. The heaviest fighting i believe would be in the forests and jungles between Canterbury and Coventry, Canterbury and Bristol, and Bristol and Oxford, there I believe the advance could be halted, but between York and Warwick the forces would be surrounded on three sides.
Old November 16, 2002, 15:25   #352
Easthaven I
Prince

To Field Marshall Jack(secret):
I think it would be a fantastic idea for you to visit the frontlines before our major offensive, it would surely boost morale. A few minor skirmishes have occurred but nothin to serious. There will be a small attack by Cognac's Raiders into the English territory causing lots of trouble before we go in, Col. Cognac should get an estimate of what he ran across.

(OOC: i'll try to get into the chatroom but haven't been able to for quite some time.)
Old November 16, 2002, 15:31   #353
Easthaven I
Prince

March 17th 1401
TO Colonel Cognac:
Take what you need, we got another 5,000 Fox riders coming in from the training we've been doing in America. Good luck.

-Field Marshall Easthaven I
Old November 16, 2002, 18:02   #354
civman2000
Emperor

March 21st, 1401
To Mellian: Do you have any idea which people in the govenrmnet might cause trouble when we change to a Republic?

Old November 16, 2002, 18:57   #355
Apep
Chieftain

March 20 (Apparently)

To whoever is in charge and appoints new ministers,

It has come to the attention of, well myself really that the people and civilization of Apolytonia are entirly anti-religous and have no culture.
I am willing to help turn that around, if you will make me the official religious and Cultural advisor, I will teach them to worship not their parents and grandparents but the civman dynasty itself, I will teach them not to fear death and allow your armies to be stronger.
AND I will do all this only for official recognition, and my own personal palace (And it dosen't have to be that big either)
Apep

P.S. I WILL NOT do any work untill my mpalace is constructed!
Old November 16, 2002, 19:01   #356
Apep
Chieftain

THE NEXT DAY
Also this system will minimise some of the aspectsd of the Republic.
P.S. Where is my palace

Apep I
Old November 16, 2002, 21:17   #357
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

25 th March 1401
The funds in the treasury are running low. I need that information. I need

Revenue
Science Rate
Luxury Rate
Millitary Expendature

That is all!

Minister for Trade and the Economy, Drako Chuko
Old November 16, 2002, 22:35   #358
Jack_www
King

OOC:
Lord Zalzabad the infomation you want, Mellian should be able to give to you. She is the one in charge of that stuff, or you can make it up if you want.
Old November 16, 2002, 23:17   #359
civman2000
Emperor

March 28th, 1401
To Apep: Sorry to disillusion you, but we do have some culture and religion. And you are NOT hired...you can go off and start some wacky religion with that other weird guy, named godinex, who said he was a prophet.

OOC: Nothing personal, it's jsut that we do already have a culture (though the position of Culture Advisor is open). It's just that the Moderator doesn't like your attitude and doesn't want ot be worshipped or have her people enslaved to a religion.

Old November 17, 2002, 03:23   #360
johncmcleod
Prince

To: Apolyton Government

Though I resist our government I still want Apolyton to be the best place it could be. From the commanders' reports of the huge number of forces against the English and how we will completely anihilate them, why don't we push harder for getting the English to surrender to us and stop the bloodshed? Many will die if we keep on fighting. The commanders seem to be positive we will completely destroy them, so why don't they tell that to the English? Elizabeth isn't stupid enough to realize resistance will just make things worse.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau