Old November 4, 2002, 19:13   #31
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
March 22, 1400
Thank Great Moderator civman2000 for changing your mind. You are turely wise. I will begin the formation the invasion army and go ahead with setting up the bases we will need in America. I would also like to see if the Trade advisor could set up a deal with the Americans were they could help supply our troops with food they will need.
Old November 4, 2002, 22:02   #32
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: civman, there is a reason why the english got magnetism quicker then expected, lol that is why having a research treaty can be quite useful Also, i assume that we want a zoom-in map of the English-American coast and borders? will do so tommorrow...so for now...
also, people, can you please take a look at the explored map? may as well give the benefit of the doubt that we know of the Koreans via the Romans, who are bordered with them. also keep in mind of the travel times

March 25, 1400

TO: the Moderator and the Military Advisor

I spoke with the American Ambassador here at Apolyton, and was able to negciate a Military Alliance against the English. In exchange we are to have a Research Treaty with them, allow them access to our Great Library, and we are to cancel our Affiliation treaty with the Iroquois. Now I just need your agreement to these terms. I've tried avoiding the need to cancel our treaty with the Iroquois, but had no success.

Also, the Americans would help supply our troops, if we agree to their Mutual Alliance terms. They will also wait until we declare war before they do.
Old November 5, 2002, 06:22   #33
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:12
5 April, 1400

To: Moderator civman I

After having visited all our cities personally we can finally report you the feelings from all our cities toward his greatness.

We report some unhapiness in the cities of:
Einted in the DanQ province;
Gowoasan, Sanhopi and Goein in Ming province
Vikomore and Keikomore in Rah province.

those are the reports from our governors from the cities:
Einted: The people in unhappy because the city is growing too fast, and we still have no access to fresh water, we need to build an acqueduct as soon as possible.

Gowoasan: Most of the people is unhappy, because of the heavy labor they had to do, we need a place where we can relax after all this hard work.

Sanhopi: The people is unhappy God have forgotten this place, we feel unsafe without his great protection.

Goeing: The people is unhappy because of the lack of security in the city, since we don't have a courthouse in the city, we need to send the people arrested to the capital, but the trip is long, and often they manage to escape and terrorize our streets once again.

Vikomore: This city is in chaos, the people here feel they are nothing but slaves in the hand of the moderator. We need to reduce our production speed, or the people may start a revolt.

Keikomore: The city is growng too big, and there are not enough worshipping places around here.

------------

May I suggest to build an Acqueduct in Einted, a Colosseum in Gowoasan, a Temple in Sanhopi, a courthouse in Goeing, a Cathedral in Keikomore.

About the situation in Vikomore we suggest not to use force labor in the city for a few years, and maybe to put some entertainers on the streets of the city.
This should make them happier and they will feel that hig highness moderator civman I is near them.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 5, 2002, 08:31   #34
mmtt
Warlord

April, 9th 1400
To Great Moderator: As Commander of National Defense, I have to protect Apolyton sovereignty as my first duty. Sending troops to America will weaken our continent defense. That's why I'm asking to choose which units will be sent.
This said, if the moderator of Apolyton Empire refuses my proposal, I won't ask for it again.

I'm requesting the sending of troops to Vikomore to maintain order. These riots against the superior authority of our great moderator, are threatening our control over the state and it's an insult to it.
Old November 5, 2002, 12:27   #35
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

April 9, 1400
To the Great Moderator civman2000:
We must crush the rebels in Vikomore. I will confer with mmtt and make sure that our troops are there and prevent any rebellion in that city.

To Commander of National Defense, mmtt:
I do not mind your help in forming the army that will invade England. Your advice would surelly be appericated. I will also need your help in defending the cities we take from the English.
Old November 5, 2002, 13:01   #36
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
April 9th, 1400

TO: Easthaven

Minister of External Finances, can you explain to me why we are trading off all of our Saltpeter sources? We only have 2 just to remind you, and we need do use one for ourselves, especially with the coming war with the English.
Old November 5, 2002, 17:20   #37
Giovanni Wine
King

19 April, 1400

As the Domestic Advisor I must reply to the request of sending an army against the citizens of Vikomore.
Crushing the revolt will not accomplish anything, and instead might start revolts in other cities, as they would see the government as against them.

Instead we propose to our enlighted moderatoe civman I, that the best idea would be simply to partially give them what they want.

This will make not only that city, but all our cities and population happier.

We need the support of our people if we need to go to war against the English.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old November 5, 2002, 18:37   #38
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
21 April 1400
(Well, at least i think so, i can never work out that equasion of yours!)

Your Highness, Great Moderator,

I, as commander of the Garrison of Apolyton City must warn you of impending danger. The troops in the capital are demoralized, restless, and grouchy. The reasons behind this is low pay, favitorism with the Navy over the Army, and Rumors that they might have to crush a rebellion. I have already beheaded five junior officers for talking sedition. Sir, the situation is serious, and if not resolved, the nation may fall into civil war.

Yours faithfuly, Colonel Chuko, Lord of Zalzabad
Old November 5, 2002, 21:32   #39
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
TO Melian, my bad. I thought it was two surplus saltpeters. Ok well replace one saltpeter with one iron. Problem solved. Again my mistake, my assumption was wrong.
Old November 5, 2002, 21:58   #40
Jack_www
King

April 19, 1400
To the Ministry of Intellegience and Espionage:
I would like to find out were the Egyptians strategic resouces are. When we go to war with them we must take them quickly to prevent them from build more units to repel us. I need this information as soon as possible as it is vitial to our secuss in the coming war with England.
Old November 5, 2002, 22:14   #41
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

April 26th, 1400
The Moderator has returned to the Apolitonkan Palace from a three-week hunting trip (excuse for my not posting ).
Orders to the Foreign Advisor: SIgn the ageement, but try to send a few gifts to keep the iroqs from allying with teh British. Also, tell teh Americans about this reason so they don't get suspicious. In addition, I want ot see if we can work on joint research projects (metallurgy) with America and possibly other nations that might be interested (arabs?)
Orders to teh Commander of National Defense: FIrst, I order you to send troops from the Provincial GUard at Trikomore to crush the rebels in Vikomore. Second, I will allow you to decide which troops get sent ot America.
Orders to the Domestic Advisor: Do not build an aqueduct in Einted. If it's having trouble from population growth, an aqueduct would only encourage more growth. Colosseum construction in Gowoasan, courthouse construction in Goeing, and Temple construction in Sanhopi are authorized. In Keikomore just give some subsidies to entertainers.
To Colonel Chuko: Increase rations. Make it clear that the Moderator, in all of his wonderfulness, would not send them off to crush a rebellion and that they should respect him.
TO the Minister of teh Arts and Sciences/Domestic Advisor: (OOC: i assumer we have a national religion) I want you to have the High Priest issue statements encouraging a decrease in population growth. I want the religion to clearly oppose having more than 5 children and frown on having more than 3.

OOC: I know i'm making some dumb decisions. But hey, it;s role playing !

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 6, 2002, 01:41   #42
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

April 29th 1400 (or there abouts)
Very well, O great lord. your orders have stopped talk of sedition... for now. I beleve that without serious reforms, the army may mutiny within the year. There is talk of somthing called the Republic and a desire for the troops to live in such a place. I am against it, and beleve that it is the work of English spies. I shall send a memo to the Intellegence Minister, warning him of this plot

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Memo to ASIO HQ

I beleve that there is an English spy ring in the capital, spreading treasonous infomation, damaging the moralle of my troops. I, as commander of Garrison of our capital ask you to flush out those English dogs immediatly, and have them executed, diplomatic immunity of not!

Colonel Chuko, Lord of Zalzabad
Old November 6, 2002, 08:30   #43
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
April 26th 1400
occ: Can somone explain this date thingy.

The ministry of Intellegience and Espionage. For the Moderator's eyes only.

The English have spies scuting our cities throughout Apolyton as we do theirs. We have captured a few and have a list of more. My suggestion is we capture the rest soon and in quick succession to stop this threat to national security.

Our espionage attempts against england has shown that other than their superior Naval technology (Magellans and Man-O-wars make a pretty dangerous combination) their armed forces are severly lacking. Their capital, Brighton, is the only city that has more than two regiments protecting it, and over half of the english cities have only one. perhaps we could get their neighbours to invade, and we could possibly pick upone or two costal bases. This would allow futher expansion on the coninent

(Secret) Colonel of the Apolyton City regiments, and the Minister for national defense: I have a proposal for you for some changes, If you are intrested I will tell you more, but I must say that this is very dangerous and if we fail will cost us our lives........
Old November 6, 2002, 09:28   #44
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

OOC: SHeep, you post was on May 9th. See the Grreat Library for the formula/clarification.
May 10th, 1400
To the Domestic Advisor: I want you to start a propoganda program against the English.
To the Military Advisor: I want most of our troops in place in America by August.
To the Direstor of Intelligence and Espionage: As I told you to do before, send over a few ships full of spies to America, and have them join the English navy. I also want you to investigate whether the spies in Chuko's garrison might be American or Greek rather than English.
TO COlonel CHuko: I have heard of this "Republic". It is a government that the English advertise but do not practice, in which teh ignorant peasants make all of the government decisions.AS you may know, America has a form of it, and their government would not have survived without our support. Greece is also a REpublic.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old November 6, 2002, 09:36   #45
Giovanni Wine
King

10 May, 1400

To Moderator civman I:
Your wish shall be mine as well.
The production of the cities of Gowoasan, Sanhopi and Goeing had been switched to Colosseum, Courthouse and Temple.
Entertainers in the city of Keikomore now receive an higher wage, making them more efficient, and the unhapiness in the city had been drastically lowered.

The city of Vikomore is now in revolt, there is nothing much I can do, therefore I leave full power to the minister of national defense in the issue.

In Einted unhappyness countinues and the people is thirsty. The population there is decreasing fast, as people is dying for the lack of water.

We expect the pop there to decrese from 6 to 5 in a couple of months.

-----------

In all our temples the "holy men" are teaching the people how wonderfull it is to live with only 1 or maximum 2 children... and that God is not happy when a family have more than 3, and that once a family reach 5 children... the parents will be condemned to a life of unhappiness and suffer for all the eternity

Saluti
Old November 6, 2002, 09:39   #46
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

May 11th 1400
FOR THE MODERATORS EYE'S ONLY
DIRECTOR OF ASIO (Apolyton Security Intellegience Organisatons)

The English spies have been carried out. I leave it up to you to decide their fate. In England their has been a notable military build-up an a general feeling amonst the english people that war will be inevitable. However it is yet to be decided which nation will suffer.

We have sent around 30 spies to america to scout out the land. For security purposes I will not name any, however we have at least one operating in the presidential manison, misnamed the White House.

American military is more advanced than what we thought. It also is more numerous on the ground. While their navy would be no match to their glorious fleets I serverly doubt that we could mount a successful invasion of the American homeland without support.

I have received an interesting notion of a possible scenario. We could arange the untimely death of the American president by an assasin working for us. As the assasin is English by birth we could then expose this assasin, publicly executing him, while instigating a war between America and England. This war would probably result in a stalemate, as Engalnd like us cannot successfully invade America, and America cannot invade Engalnd, as their Navy would be quickly destroyed. It would then be us to be able to enter the war on whatever side we wish, Ultimatley securing the future greatness of our nation.
Old November 6, 2002, 09:56   #47
civman2000
Emperor

OOC: I don't think we could capture all of teh spies in jsut a few days...
May 11th, 1400
To the Foreign Advisor: TEll England that if they do not let us have an embassy and Magnetism their spies will all be tortured to death and in the process they may confess many important secrets.
To the Director of the ASIO: Continue searching for spies, i believe that there are still many more throughout the Empire. Also, the spies sent to America are meant to go to England and try to join the English navy.

I want you to look in more detail into the feasability of assassinating the President. I fear that it would hard to conceal our involvement. OVerall, i do not think it will be necessary, but it is worth looking into.

TO ALL: War plans are currently set for November. I want our troops to be fighting in the winter, the ENglish tropical summer is very hot.

Old November 6, 2002, 11:05   #48
mmtt
Warlord

May 12th
To Great Moderator and to Military Advisor:
I will send 15 musket units and 2 knight units to crush this rebellion. Our troops will first encircle the city and make siege. If those traitors don't surrender to our might, knights will first raid the city and burn it with torches.
Then our musket units will advance in the city by every side. We won't make any prisoners. This should be done in 1 or 2 weeks.
Requesting your approval.

To Military Advisor:
I think sending 70 musket units and 15 knights units would make a powerful forces. First, this month will could send 20 musket units. The knights should be sent in October. England shouldn't think about an offensive until it is too late.
Old November 6, 2002, 19:24   #49
civman2000
Emperor

May 23, 1400
Quote:
We won't make any prisoners
I disagree. The leaders of the rebellion should be captured and tortured to death in the Vikomore Marketplace as an example. Otherwise i approve your plan.

Old November 6, 2002, 21:07   #50
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

24th May, 1400
Confidential, Eyes only, Head of ASIO

Well, I'm listening, to your proposal. My troops are 100% behind me.

Long Live the Moderator
Old November 6, 2002, 22:26   #51
Jack_www
King

May 24, 1400
To Commander of National Defense:
I would like to see us send more Knights and a little less musket men. The Musket men are good at protecting our troops in the field and the cities we take, but we must send more offensive units to the area.
I would like to send the 70 musket men, but if you can spare 3 more knight units that we would be best. I would also like to send Medieval infantry, at least 6.

I am most certain we will be able to meet your deadline. I am sure that with proper planing this war will be a quick one were we can crush the English. I also think such a war will make the people forget their problems for at least a while.
Old November 7, 2002, 08:37   #52
Sheep
King

May 29th 1400
(I can't figure this time thingy out so I am just leaving a few days between the last post)

FOR THE MODERATORS EYES ONLY. FROM THE DIRECTOR OF INTELLEGIENCE AND ESPIONAGE.

We have successfully infiltrated the English navy. As yet there is no viable information comming. We also have reports that there are yet more english spies unaccounted for in Apolotania. Utmost caution must be used.

The spies in America have noted the generla anti-English feeling of the populace. perhaps we can use this.

SECRET TO EVERYONE (Only the director of ASIO knows about this)

The Apolyton Security Intellegince Service (ASIS), pretty much a secret police is moving into their postions. Many have infiltrated the other ministries to make sure their is sufficent religious and political integrity. Already 3 dissidents in Apolyton City have been captured and secretly executed as their plots have been foiled.
Old November 7, 2002, 14:27   #53
civman2000
Emperor

June 16th, 1400
The Moderator's mother has been found assassinated 2 miles away from the Apolitonkan Palace. The Moderator has ordered a huge investigation and given a $200,000 reward for any helpful information. He has also declared a national week of mourning and has ordered an investigation of all government officials questioning their possible involvement.

Old November 7, 2002, 15:09   #54
mmtt
Warlord

June, 18th 1400
To Great Moderator: Rebellion has been crushed. Our troops have suffered a few losses. The enemy didn't surrender, we had to burn the houses and sadly, the city has nearly entirely burnt and we couldn't find the corpse of the rebellion leader.

We have got a few wounded among the officers and around 300 dead.
I have to say Colonel Chuko impressed me with his charge with the knight units (ooc: Zalzabad, if you don't mind, you may have been wounded).

To Military Advisor:
I will obey sir but we won't be able to counter-attack if the English land on Apolyton. We may also wait to get some of these cannons, I have heard of. Musket men are necessary to keep captured cities and to protect our knights from counter-attacks.
Old November 7, 2002, 15:32   #55
Jack_www
King

June, 18th 1400
To Commander of National Defense:
If that is the case then we need to build more knights then. We must send a request to get cannons and more knights to the Great Moderator.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:51   #56
civman2000
Emperor

June 22nd 1400
TO Colonel Chuko: Would you like to be promoted?
To the Commander of National Defense: Great news!
Memo to all: I want help from all departments in the investigation of my mother's death.

OOC: Unless someone wants to be responsible for the assassination it was the English.

Old November 7, 2002, 20:59   #57
Jack_www
King

June 22, 1400
I would like to request the training of more Knights and Medieval infantry for our coming war with the English. We will need at least 20 - 30 attack units, and right now we only can send 15 to America and still keep our homeland safe. Please do this as soon as possible, the millitary need more people soon!
Old November 7, 2002, 21:56   #58
civman2000
Emperor

June 25th, 1400
To the Domestic Advisor: All coastal cities not building absolutely needed improvements should be building ships. Similarly, all inland cities except those desperately needing improvements should build: 20% muketmen, 40% knights, 40% midieval infantry.

Old November 7, 2002, 22:36   #59
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

June 25th, 1400
Memo to Great Moderator from apolyton city hospital

I wish to thank you, and accept your offer for promotion. I am recovering well, and should be back to active duties next week.

I wish to offer my hat to retain my position as commander of the city garrison, and wish for it to be enlarged to further er "protect" the moderator

General Chuko, Lord of Zalzabad

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Secret
Director of ASIO,

I thought you had a plan, and I am willing to help you. By the way thankyou for ridding me of those "English Spies" aka the soldiers unloyal to me. It is humbly appreciated!
Old November 8, 2002, 01:10   #60
johncmcleod
Prince

John McLeod, the science advisor, sat in his office, brightly lighted by large and strange looking candles. One of his assistants burts into the room. "John!" he shouted out exuberantly, out of breath. "I checked on your experiment! It has cooled now! You have discovered the secrects of metallurgy."

"Wonderful!" he yelled. This was great news for John. Mellian civman would be very pleased at his work. He began to fill out a report.

To: the Great Moderator

We have finally discovered the secrets of metallurgy. I have designed plans for a cannon, a huge gun that fires large balls that can easily take out walls. The plans are enclosed in here. They also can be put on ships and could change naval warfare forever. Immediately alert the Military Advisor, I hope these will be in time for Operation: Swift Thrust.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau