Old November 13, 2002, 01:10   #241
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A Note to the Government of Apolyton:

It is I, John McLeod, the Science Advisor. This constitutional-monarchy is completely hogwash. I am for a full republic. Mellian and the Moderator want a combination, but this can't be done. Though civman2000 was a great leader, his bloodline shouldn't get the slightest power. What if along the bloodline a terrible person comes, and when they get power they do away with the government completely? This is what I believe, but if I were to say this in public, I wouldn't last long. That is why I am gone. I fluently speak several languages, I know enough to be considered an expert on every major culture in the world, I will blend in, disappear. I will not be found, but I will do everything I can to make Apolyton the best it can be. Goodbye.

Giovanni Vodka spent the evening talking with several people at a pub near the military's encampment. It was mostly military personne, but there were quite a few civilians that came there. He hardly noticed a dark figure in a long black coat carefully watching him as he debated with other visitors about wether or not the government should be a republic. Some thought he was too extreme, they believed a full republic would never work.

As he finished an argument he headed outside for a breath of fresh air. As he turned a corner in the dimly lit halls, someone grabbed him and threw him against the wall. He drew out his sword and began to fight him. But within half a minute the cloacked figure's superior skills prevailed. He knocked the sword out of Gio Vodka's hand. But instead of killing him, he put his sword back in his sheath and revealed himself.

"You should not talk about a republic like that in the open. You'll get killed."

"You're the science advisor, aren't you?" he asked, recognizing the familiar face.

"You are correct. But you must tell no one. I have fled my position and I am in hiding. We must go for a full republic. This constitutional monarchy is a terrible idea. Though civman2000 was a great leader, his bloodline shouldn't get the slightest power. What if along the bloodline a terrible person comes, and when they get power they do away with the government completely? Also, though Mellian said we would eventually go to a full republic, it won't happen. The moderator will not surrender his/her power. That is why I have left. I will not rest until Apolyton is a republic. I have set up a meeting with men who have similar ideas to me. I'd like you to attend it. It will happen 14 days from now in Sparta."

"How will I find you?"

"I will find you." With that John left, leaving as quickly as he had come, leaving Giovanni Vodka pondering John's words.

Sorry if this post is outdated, for new posts might have happened since I started this.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 13, 2002, 02:34   #242
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 10:12
1st December 1400
Oh, well, whatever, Generals. However, I am glad the invasion date was pushed back

Chief of Staff

I propose we send ships out to discover new trading partners. We can gain power through trade, just as we can through the millitary.

Drako Chuko
Old November 13, 2002, 02:50   #243
mmtt
Warlord

Local Time: 11:12
(ooc: How do you know Vodka? You never saw him, at least I think? Also, soldiers guard him.)
------------------------------------
To Field Marshalls (secret):
Maybe a ceasefire would be better. I have more and more reports of Republican actions. I suspect a revolution fore coming.
I dunno if I have to arrest these people.
Also, I would like to know what we have to do.
Would it better to support the Republicans, the actual monarchy or ourselves?
-----------------------
Thunderfire's villa: Mark Thunderfire, Giovanni Vodka and a couple of guards
-What were you doing in this pub? Who was this man in the dark cloak?
-...uh...well I was drinking..
-IT WOULD BE WISER TO TELL ME THE TRUTH! roared Mark.-The guards came forward and Vodka was now between them-
-It was the Science Advisor..
-Why didn't you tell my men? You failed to your duty Vodka.-look toward the guards- Both of you, you guard him. You look after him and if he met anybody like this guy again, you shoot without warning.
-he looked back at Giovanni- YOU GET IT?
-SIR YES SIR!-The soldiers and Vodka walked away. As they were leaving the room, Mark said-
- Giovanni, I want to protect you, I swore it. If you are a republican, that's your choice but don't cross the line too much...
Old November 13, 2002, 03:07   #244
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

To Field Marshell Thunderfire(secret):
I agree. I too have heard of this republican movement. I have tried to see what the Moderator's possition is on the matter but she supposdly lost the message. I thus think that the Moderator supports this movement. Really I do not want to see anther civil war. It would destroy Apolyton. If the republic movement decides to use force to get what they want, we must stop them or it will mean the end of Apolyton and the English flag wil fly over Apolyton city, with all of us dead. The I hope the fools realize what danager they put Apolyton in when doing thi, especially at a time like this.

I grow tried of the war with England. They have already lost it, it is just a matter of time before the end comes. I hope that we can do a cease fire.
Old November 13, 2002, 04:37   #245
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 20:12
From Queen Elizabeth, via ASIO spies in exile:

We will never ive in and our new allies the French and the Romans will help defend our motherland and take what is righfully ours, the island-continent of Rock

Signed
Queen Elizabeth IX
Brighton
Old November 13, 2002, 08:55   #246
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

8th December 1400
Forigen Minister, could I pleas have a list of all the nations we have contact with?

Drako
Old November 13, 2002, 10:12   #247
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

I have been looking over the books in the Department of External Finances, and see some minor discrepencys.

The Koreans have only one spice to give, which is therefore used for domestic purposes. Therefore our trade agreement with Korea for Spices is terminated. I have also taken the liberty of canceling the Saltpeter treaty, much to thier disgised

As the Romans are now at war with us, that trade deal too is broken

We Need- 1 silk
1 Spice
1 Dye
1 Ivory
and we have to trade
1 Saltpeter
1 Iron
1 Fur

I have noted that we do not have trade information for Carthage, China, Japan and Zululand. Could the forigen advisor please get us this information?

Also, any nation that is not listed in the first nation list (listing Leader, relationship etc) in the great library i have assumed that we have not made diplomatic overtures to. Therefore all trade is canceled with these states, including the Iron trade to Arabia
Attached Files:
Old November 13, 2002, 11:25   #248
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

14 December, 1400 ( i think)

Giovanni Vidka was thinking, he couldn't understand what the science advisor wanted to him, and mostly, how did he recognize him.

"Was that misterious man sping on me since he left for Athens? I don't understand.

General Thunderfire was a smart man, but he is a military man, and therefore he must be authoritarian, but I know he truly isn't like he wants to appear, I know that Thunderfire was only tring to protect me... but from what?

I can't stay here, I can't answer to my questions if I stay in the camp, I need to know, I need to know who really my father was, and why he was killed, what that dark and misteriuos man wanted from me, and who is the misterious Mellian my father often talked about.

BUt those two guards are paying a close attention to me, they even follow me in the bathroom, and there was no way I could get out of the camp... in only Cognac could be here to help me"

----------------

American-English Border, a few hours later.

"Hey, Gio, wake up... WAKE UP"

"What's up Kevin?" said Cognac still a bit sleepy

"Cant' you hear this?

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

"WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?"

"they are soldiers... American and Apolytonian soldiers"

"Really?... we must reach them, we must reach them as soon as possible, otherwise they all are going to be killed"

Giovanni Cognac together with his 200 men took their horses (stolen horses BTW) and started galoping as fast as they could through the Americam Mountains

"Here.. let's take this shortcut!!"

Galop galop galop galop

He and his men have nearly reached the American and Apolytonian Regiments, but one of the scout guards saw them

"Look there!!! English!!!"

A huge rain of arrows started being fired on Giovanni Cognac and his men, as they started falling under the heavy arrow raining.

"come here men" shouted G. Cognac with his loud voice, they are not gonna catch us in this tunnel

The men started galoping at full speed into the tunnel, only to discover that the tunnel ended up right in the middle of American-Apolytonian divisions.

"CHARGE" shouted the American general

"NO.. STOP IT, WE ARE FRIENDS" screamed Giovanni Cognac.

"The Apolyton.american divisions stoped, and the lieutenant of the Apolyton Army there came to speak to them

"what do you want?"

"me, I'm Giovanni Cognac, and I'm the leader of this group, we are here to fight the english, and it is already 3 months we are staying on these mountains, we know of an highly defended English fort just a couple of miles from here, and we needed to stop you before it was too late" said Cognac in perfect Apolytonian.

" stay here, don't move while I'm talking with the Regiment General"

a few minutes later the general himself came to speak with him.

"So your name is Giovanni Cognac right?"

"Yes milord"

"Are you sure of what you are saing?"

"yes sire, it's a long time I've been targeting that fortress, but never could because I don't have enough men"

"are there anymore fortress along those mountains"

"yes sire, the mountains are heavily defended"

"uhmm, those are some good informations, come back to our camp and rest a little bit with us, while I will send a message to Field Marshall Eastheaven"

---------------------

Message from: General Leone
To: Field Marshall Eastiheaven

Our opening regiment in the American mountains had been blocked by a group of men, they stated that the mountains here are heavily defended by English fortress.
I've decided to head back to the camp.
The leader of this group is an Apolytonian, and his name is Giovanni Cognac.

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old November 13, 2002, 12:11   #249
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
To all of You... a prophet has arrived.
Old November 13, 2002, 12:12   #250
godinex
Prince

The Holy EMU is at hand... be prepared.
Old November 13, 2002, 12:40   #251
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:12
OOC: Edit Romans to Ottomans sheep if you want to do something like that....Romans are not getting involved....[Edit] of course, it is to late

Quote:
Chief of Staff

I propose we send ships out to discover new trading partners. We can gain power through trade, just as we can through the millitary.
December 1400

I agree, you have permission to send some Caravels for that purpose.
Old November 13, 2002, 13:03   #252
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
From Queen Elizabeth, via ASIO spies in exile:
We will never ive in and our new allies the French and the Romans will help defend our motherland and take what is righfully ours, the island-continent of Rock

Signed
Queen Elizabeth IX
Brighton
December 1400

Chief of Staff Mellian reads the message given by some ASIO spy, who shouldn't be trusted.

The Romans? Hard to believe they would side with the English, who broken a ivory trade deal at the beginning of the year. Afterwards, a good percentage of their trading was with Apolyton. Probably a setup, so she orders Commander of the Navy not to attack any Roman ships or blockade their merchant ships from our ports. She also informs everyone not worry about it for the moment...besides, the Romans don't have much of a navy anyway.

She ask the Foreign Advisor to contact the Romans about it, as well as the Greeks to confirm.

As for the French, obviously they would declare war officially, but Mellian knows they won't do anything against us. She must get updates from the Aztec and Zulus on their progress to transfer forces to France, as they will probably having trouble dealing with the Pressure they are getting from the rest of the European Union.
Old November 13, 2002, 13:14   #253
Mellian
Queen

Re: 8th December 1400
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zalzabad
Forigen Minister, could I pleas have a list of all the nations we have contact with?

Drako
December 1400

TO Trade Advisor
FROM Foreign Advisor

List of Contacts:

-Americans (Embassy, Apolyton Alliance)
-Iroquois (Embassy, Apolyton Alliance)
-Monguls (Embassy, Apolyton Alliance)
-Zulus (Embassy, Apolyton Alliance)
-Aztecs (Embassy, Apolyton Alliance)
-Greeks (Embassy, Peace, Friends)
-Romans (Embassy, Peace?, Friends?)
-Egypt (Embassy, Peace, Polite)
-Vikings (Peace, Polite)
-Koreans (Peace, minimal contact via Romans)
-Babylon (Embassy, Peace, Polite)
-Ottomans (Embassy, Peace, Polite)
-Arabs (Embassy, Peace, Gracious!)
-English (War)
-French (officially at war, but still friends)
-Spanish (War. minimal contact)
-Russians (War, minimal contact)
-Germans (War, minimal contact)
Old November 13, 2002, 13:28   #254
Mellian
Queen

December 1400

SHe remembers reading the Science Advisor's message, and abandonment, running off to who knows where. If he is against the constitutional monarchy idea, which she thinks he doesn't understand how much power the people can get via a constitution, then there probably be others. Hmm, she'll have to contact a few people from the movement to get their opinion.

Anyway, the Republic Convention at Edkoro is happening, and there already many people from across Apolyton coming here... just to show that the people as a lot of support for a Republic gonvernment...or a lot of people who wants to know what it is

Meanwhile, she assigned the Science Advisor position to someone she trusts, like usual. Hey, no point working with people you don't trust or like, makes the job less efficient that way.

-Mellian
Old November 13, 2002, 13:34   #255
Easthaven I
Prince

December 15th 1400
Quote:
Our opening regiment in the American mountains had been blocked by a group of men, they stated that the mountains here are heavily defended by English fortress.
When he got this letter he did not know what to think. He remembered placing Giovanni's sons on the Bravo list but now he's helping us fight the English. What was this man up to?

To: General Leone

Halt your advance. Fortify the mountains that are safe and send scouts with this Apolytonian's men to confirm the presence of English forts. In the mean time, I'm on my way to the frontlines, I wish to speak with Giovanni's boy. Also, be sure to thank him for me for watching over our troops.

Oh and by the way, you misspelt my name.

-Field Marshall Easthaven I
Old November 13, 2002, 13:40   #256
Easthaven I
Prince

December 15th 1400
To Field Marshalls Thunderfire and Jack:
There is a convention taking place soon in Edkoro, I suggest the Triumvirat should attend. Supposedly, they're going to talk about a constitutional monarchy (a republic of some sorts). I now think it is mandatory for us to attend considering the freakish letter we got from the science advisor. Fragile times are ahead my comrades, stay sharp.

Old November 13, 2002, 13:48   #257
mmtt
Warlord

To Giovanni Vodka
I want you to make up a contact, comminucation with your brother. I have heard of a group of rebels being intercepted by Apolytonian troops. It may be him.

I would like if your brother could setup some "guerilla units". Those troops would be scout the moutains and try to find paths through the moutain chains. Also, his men could attack convoys bringing supply to fortress.

I'm sure you want to know more about your father history. Well, I have a deal: you will lead my agency, a group of elite soldiers will try to spy English positions and their defenses, that's why I need your brother. And this agency will help you in your research.

(ooc: I read Vodka told Mark about his brother earlier but didn't find a way to put him in the story. Also in your story you told about a tunnel, a natural one?)
Old November 13, 2002, 14:02   #258
Giovanni Wine
King

To: Field Marshall Easthaven

We will be awaiting for your coming sir, I sent some troops up scouting, and we discovered that those thief were saying the truth.
We can count almost 15 Musketeer divisions in there, together with 100 Cannons in defensive positions.

And I'm sorry for mispelling your name, my personal writer had been put in prison for this.

--------------------

To: Field Marschall Thunderfire

It will be hard for me to meet with my brother, he doesn't like me very much anymore, and his wife told me she lost contact with him a few weeks ago.

Although if you allow me, I can go to America with the next merchant ship, and look for him.
Unless you have some better informations

And of course I will accept your deal, and hopefully my brother will as well, as soon as I find him.

------------------------

(OOC: The tunnels are natural ones, otherwise Cognac would have known where the tunnel ended up. The mountains there have plenty of those tunnels around)

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old November 13, 2002, 14:03   #259
Giovanni Wine
King

To: Thunderfire

Since I will have to lead troops, I would like to be appointed Colonel

Saluti
Old November 13, 2002, 14:29   #260
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

December 17th, 1400
Today at the Edkoro Convention, a representative of the Moderator (though no one but the Moderator and the Chief of Staff knows it) made a proposal for a constitutional monarchy:
-It would be announced and ratified by plebiscite two months after the war ends.
-The Moderator would be a ceremonial position whose only powers are as official representative and as an advisor to the rest of the government.
-The Administrator, elected every 3 years, would be teh chief executive
-A SEnate, with 30 representatives from each province, would make the laws.
-The Administrator can veto a law but can be overturned by 75% of the Senate or if the full delegations from 3 of the provinces voted 2/3 for it and a majority approved from all 4.
-The military and judiciary would be appointed by the Administrator but impeachable by referendum or by the Senate (60% required to impeach)
-The top Advisors (Military, Domestic, Foreign) would be elected by the people and the rest appointed but must be confirmed by the Senate.

OOC: godinex are you being some religious leader or just spamming?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; November 13, 2002 at 17:51.
Old November 13, 2002, 14:37   #261
mmtt
Warlord

To G. Vodka
From Field Marshall Thunderfire, Commander of National Defense

You have been appointed as my chief of staff. You will soon be appointed as a Colonel when you achieved with full success your academy military training as a superior officer of Apolyton Army under my direct command.

As a reward, you will get the command of the 17th Musket Regiments of Sanhopi. In this charge, you will be helped by Captain Dubey.

Mark Thunderfire, Field Marshall of Apolyton Army, Commander of National Defense
----
(ooc: say Dubey would have been the commanding officer if you weren't there. Thus he won't like you much.)
Old November 13, 2002, 16:18   #262
Mellian
Queen

OOC: Gio, one musket unit equals to a regiment

I rather that the title of Prime Minister be Administrator instead... hey, this empire is base on a forum
Old November 13, 2002, 17:51   #263
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

December 21st, 1400
Moderator Manvolewa has called for a massive effort to capture Liam Sheep, hte only rebel leader that remains unpunished. Throughout the Empire town criers are announcing descriptions of him and that there is a $5,000 award for every pieve of helpful information, and a $100,000 reward for actually catching him.

OOC: post edited changing PM to Administrator

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old November 13, 2002, 17:55   #264
Easthaven I
Prince

December 21st 1400
Field Marshall Easthaven I galloped through the camps with men of Wolf Battalion at his side. He rode up to the Command Post, General Leone was outside waiting for him.

"Good day, sir" said Gen. Leone, " I hope you had no trouble getting here?"

"Hello General, no trouble at all, thank you. Anyways, my time here must be short. Where is Giovanni Cognac?"

"Over there sir, I will lead you there." General Leone led Field Marshall Easthaven and his cadre to another tent. It was on the outskirts of the camp.

Field Marshall Easthaven demounted his horse and began walking towards the tent. The others began to follow but he held up his hand.

"I go alone." He said. They halted. He walked in.

=========

Giovanni Cognac was polishing his sword and cleaning out the barrel of a musket when Easthaven walked in. Cognac saw him enter and stood at attention.

"At ease Cognac, continue with what you were doing." Field Marshall Easthaven sat down on the other side of the table.

"Yes sir."

"Your father was a good man." Easthaven said.

"Yes sir." He placed his sword down and began cleaning his musket.

"Why are you here Cognac? Don't tell me you felt patriotic all of a sudden and felt like leaving your quiet home in Greece to wreak havoc upon the enemies of Apolyton. I won't believe that. When I heard about your brother appearing in Apolyton and then you appearing here I began to wonder. Have they come to seek vengeance? Or the truth? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, hoping you inherited some of your father's wisdom I think its the latter. I know why you're here. I will tell you everything on why and how your father was killed. I will tell you the truth, I owe you that much for saving thousands of Apolyton soldiers from death." Easthaven sat there staring at Giovanni Cognac trying to figure him out, figure out his goals and ambitions.

Cognac was amazed Easthaven seemed to know so much. He sat there cleaning the barrel somewhat hesitant to look the famous Field Marshall in the eye.

"Also, I'm willing to give you a job. I want to use you and your men. You seem to know the country-side well. I will give you missions directly from me and you will conduct them. I will especially need you for the Eastern Coast Campaign once they've past the mountains and into the jungles. But that is months away. For now, if you accept, I will give you a battefield commission of Colonel. Your command is the men you have now, I will give you supplies and such. You will be my eyes, my scouts. You will conduct raiding missions as well. Some of my wolf soldiers will teach you a few tactics in special operations such as raiding. You will be Cognac's Raiders. You will take orders directly from me and no one else. Do you accept?" Field Marshall Easthaven sat there willing to accept any answer. Only few have Easthaven given such free choices too.

(OOC: Giovanni will give his answer)
Old November 13, 2002, 18:18   #265
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

22nd of December 1400
I have renewed the treaty with the Arabs. 1 Iron for 10 Gold per tern, and since war is now with the Ottamans, so is our Ivory deal with Rome (after that unfortunate war incident!)

I propose to ask for trade agreements with the Iroquois, trading Saltpeter for Dyes, and a trade agreement with the Aztecs 1 Silk for 30 gold per turn. these trade agreements should be easy to gain, as they are our Allies in the current war.

Trade Advisor Drako Chuko

Last edited by Lord Zalzabad; November 13, 2002 at 18:24.
Old November 13, 2002, 18:40   #266
Giovanni Wine
King

OOC: looks the Giovanni bro's both had a quick career in the military.

-------------

Giovanni Vodka finally arrived in the Military Academy of Sanhopi... he was going to do an high training there for at least two months under the teach of Captian Dubey.

"Name" asked the Captain

"Giovanni Vodka sire"

"Age"

"26 sire"

"ok go there and pick a sword, we'll start our trainings now"

"n...now sire?"

"yes"

Captain Dubey decided to take this matter very personally and decided to give him his "special" training.
He lift up his sword and shield and started beating on Giovanni's shield...

"YOU ARE TOO SLOW IN THE SWORD... DO YOU THINK THE ENEMY WILL WAIT FOR YOU???... STAND STRAIGHT WITH YOUR BACK"

Vodka was desperatly trying to repair himself... but at last Captain Dubey sword hit Giovanni's one, which was threw away from him...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?.. TAKE YOUR SWORD AND FIGHT"

Giovanni went to grab his sword.. but as soon as he showed his back to Dubey.. this kicked him on his bottom

"NEVER SHOW YOUR BACK TO YOUR ENEMY... REMEMBER!!!"

Dubey was really harsh on Vodka, but because of this hard training, the young boy was learning fast.

But Vodka didn't really like the sword or the musket.. and at night.. instead of sleeping like Dubey ordered him.. he was going out and train with some friends from the Acadamy with the Arch... they were training every night for some 5-6 hours, sometimes even 7 hours.

Saluti
Old November 13, 2002, 18:49   #267
Giovanni Wine
King

Giovanni Cognac was looking at Easthaven.. he is a man of great respect.. and from his fisical aspect he could understand what a strong and brave man he was... what this man truly wanted from him.. he wondered... but there is only one way to know it.

"I accept" declared Cognac "me and my men are tired of hiding in the mountains, and having to hunt in order to get some food... we shall accept your proposal"

"Remember you will have to answer only to me, and me only"

"Yes sire.. I promise.. we will go scouting from tomorrow in the Eastern side of the mountains.. it's been a couple of months we don't go there... we will return next moths with detailed maps of the areas... and also with detailed maps of the mountains secret passages, tunnels and shortcuts... this should give you an edge to the English in there"

"Ok.. once you are done, I want you to come to my office, and refer personally to me"

"Yes sire... but I also have a request to make... I would like to have news about my brother... you said you heard he landed on Apolyton
Quote:
When I heard about your brother appearing in Apolyton
, although for me it is 3 months I don't know anything about him... is he well... he is not dead isn't he?"

(to be continued by either me or Easthaven)
Old November 13, 2002, 19:16   #268
johncmcleod
Prince

To all: Of course I would know Giovanni Vodka, Gio Wine was the Domestic Advisor, and I would know him being a fellow advisor. Several times Vodka and Cognac came to visit him, and I had overheard Vodka's view on a republic and Cognac's on a despotism.

Giovanni Wine sat in his bunk, waiting for the mail. A postman came and gave him a letter. In sloppy handwriting, it read:

Sparta in 7 days. Don't forget.

It was John again, he thought. He decided no one could find out about this, whether or not he would accept the proposal. He ate it. John had very similar ideas to me, he thought. But is it worth it? To risk being executed for treason? He decided to sleep on it.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old November 13, 2002, 19:29   #269
Easthaven I
Prince

"The last I heard he was in Field Marshall Thunderfire's custody. I didn't want to involve myself at the time, but now I must. I will send a message to Thunderfire asking for information about your brother. Then you will know his status, I will also inform Thunderfire of your status so that your brother shall know." Easthaven stood up, 6 feet and 2 inches towering over Cognac.

Yes sire, thank you." He stood up and stood at attention.

"Another thing, only trust your men, you never know where Sheep's little moles are. If you wish some of my wolf soldiers to accompany you then they shall. Another thing, once you're done scouting and mapping the eastern mountains report directly to me, no one else. I have another mission for you when you return. So take what you need from our supplies and happy hunting, also if you run across any english supply stores or supply lines then raid and destroy. And don't worry about your brother, I will make sure he is safe."

Yes, sire."

"If you need anything then come to me, I've decided to stay. I'm setting up my Command Post here and we're going to turn this mountain into a fort. If you have anymore questions or requests later then come search for me I'll be around. Good luck Colonel." He returned Cognac's salute and exited the tent.
-----

To Field Marshall Thunderfire:
I have placed Giovanni Cognac under my command, he saved a few thousand soldiers a few days ago therefore I believe he is loyal. I have information that says you have his brother in his custody, I request information on his status and also that you tell him the status of his brother. Keep him well.

To Field Marshall Jack:
I've decided to stay here on the English front, a disaster was barely avoided the other day by a small band of riders. Therefore, in an effort to avoid future mistakes I am setting my base of operations here at a newly created fort in the mountains of north England and south America named Fort Castle. I will have a few wolf soldiers to act as my representatives until my return. They are fast messengers therefore still send messages as if I were in Apolyton, it will get here all the same.

Old November 13, 2002, 19:55   #270
majundar
Settler

To: Draco Chuko

Sir,

I am but a humble dockworker here in Arhei. I spend my days servicing the ships that travel between our small city and the eastern continent.

I must say these are confusing times. Rumors abound of our ongoing war with England, of escaped traitors, and of a new government. While my faith has always been with the ruling elite of Apolyton, I must say that life here in my city has been trying.

With the recent talk of a representative government in the making, I have been emboldened to write to you and give you my account of what is happening here to the peasants.

Our city governor has been very busy training anyone and everyone who is capable of fighting this war. While I understand the need the support our troops, many of the citizens who have not been drafted are languishing in a miserable life here.

Goods are not efficiently distributed or the citizens here, as there is no central marketplace established. As a result, the docks are often mobbed when a new ship comes in. Goods go missing in a matter of hours.

Many people are starving. A black market of food serving the more educated and wealthy of our population has been thriving, despite the local militia's attempts to halt it.

As a result of the hardship, and of the uncertainty of Apolyton's future, many of my friends have boarded ships bound for the eastern continent, searching for a life of luxury, if not a life peace and security. They truly admire the achievements of our neighbors.

I believe your position is one with the least interaction of the war to the west, and as such might be able to focus some of your efforts on making the lives of the citizens Apolyton easier.

No matter what occurs, I will always be proudly loyal to Apolyton.
Sincerely,
F. Majundar