Old November 18, 2002, 19:08   #91
canadianbacon
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Settler

Local Time: 02:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Still don't make it right.
Legalities aside, (read all Software License Agreements, they are all the same) what they put out in their marketing blurbs, isn't even close to what actually works for the majority of people.

Sure they can hide behind the legal jargon, sure everybody who bought a copy, could return it, but does that make it right?

Its not like it only crashes if you are using some odd ball video card, or maybe you are running some incompatible sotware in the background, it just doesn't work for a good majority of the people who bought it, and thats just plain false advertising.

Of course Infogrames knows that most people are too lazy to go through the return process, and that 'we can sue you back' scares off a lot of people (it's only $40 or so, and most of us don't have lawyers on retainer)

I personally am not happy, but willing to wait a couple of months to see what progress is made.

You think if Infogrames was selling banking software and it crashed and your bank lost your money, that the bank would say 'screw the agreement, we are suing'?

The reason gameing developers put that agreement there is so they can do exactly what they have done, put out a incomplete, not working too well game before Christmas.

You want to make them suffer, SPREAD THE WORD! DON'T BUY PLAY THE WORLD!!!!

Let your friends know, post news articles, let your dealer know, if they don't sell as much as they thought they could by Christmas, maybe they will think again next time...............Yah right, who am I kidding, like that could happen!
Old November 18, 2002, 19:24   #92
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
In that case, there would be no next time.

As there is no CtP3.

Bad idea, since I want next time.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:01   #93
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 05:14
I agree, it's a bad idea, especially since I like PTW.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:23   #94
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:14
Never heard this rant before have you? You wasting you time here we have been there and done that and turned a deaf ear to it after the umpteenth hundred time. Some (me) have not had a problem with either civ3 or ptw, so why would I complain? Those that have had a problem should take your advice, but is was news a long time ago, now now. We have scores of threads about this.
Old November 18, 2002, 20:35   #95
Catt
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton University
King

Local Time: 03:14
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

You can be inscrutable. What sig? There have been many for many people.
panag used to have a sig that was something like 8 lines long, in a size 1 font.

That mammoth sig was his personal wishlist to Firaxis for PTW consisting of dozens of new units, city improvements, features etc. -- fire stations, supermarkets, movie theaters, coffee shops, commercial ports (something similar made it in!), schools, bridges, canals, skydomes, terrain enhancements, monorails, earthquakes, forest fires (you need a fire station, remember?), aliens . . . you get the picture.

It really was an awfully long sig, and the reasons for wanting all of the extra improvements, units, etc. were, well, inscrutable .
Old November 19, 2002, 07:59   #96
BottleOfPills
Settler

Local Time: 10:14
Legalese aside,

Even though I don't think sueing is the thing to do or a real possibility. I'd like to point out that the EULA is just typical legalese. It isn't much different than say for example the accident waiver that you would sign if you enter an athelitic competition.

Any and most lawyers would be happy to accept your case if you were to get hurt, even if your accident waiver that you signed and dated (ie "I Accept") says that you can not hold the promoter responsible. And as a promoter - or almost any situation someone could probably counter sue.

However - in this situation - your problem would be stipulating the damages that you deserve. Primarily the cost of the game, then you could put a cost on returning the game the time it took for you to install it uninstall it, any changes it made to the host machine, etc. Placing a cost on those variables is the difference, and chances are it's not going to be much.

Now in the past I posted some other legitimate things you can do - at least for the USA Consumers. If you would like to know what they are email me. As the Forum Nazi's didn't like them and either deleted or moved the thread.

Just take the game back - if enough people do it - they will get the message.
Old November 21, 2002, 06:42   #97
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

You can be inscrutable. What sig? There have been many for many people.

hi ,

aaaargh , panag's sig bien sure , .......

and what about people who have a dynamic ip , it creates conection problems , .......

Player1 , he has not seen that yet , would some-one please tell him , ....

have a nice day
Old November 21, 2002, 06:45   #98
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Catt

panag used to have a sig that was something like 8 lines long, in a size 1 font.

That mammoth sig was his personal wishlist to Firaxis for PTW consisting of dozens of new units, city improvements, features etc. -- fire stations, supermarkets, movie theaters, coffee shops, commercial ports (something similar made it in!), schools, bridges, canals, skydomes, terrain enhancements, monorails, earthquakes, forest fires (you need a fire station, remember?), aliens . . . you get the picture.

It really was an awfully long sig, and the reasons for wanting all of the extra improvements, units, etc. were, well, inscrutable .
hi ,

ahem , never , but never it turned in a personal wishlist , about 60% came by mail , the rest from this site , the chatroom , etc ....... and guess what more wonders where asked , at least one got in , etc , ......
imagine what could have happend if more people would have done it , ......

and yes it was an ugly sig , but some-one had to do it , ....

have a nice day