Old November 1, 2002, 20:16   #1
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 05:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Teams with players with similar time availablility
I'm bringing this up due to the limited number of people per team. I think the teams need to be made up of people who all have schedules which (for the most part) allow all or almost all or the participants on each team to make each of their teams turnchats.

If I'm on a team of 10. I dont want 6 of my team to not be there. Additionally, If my team wants to have their chats before 4:00pm EST, I'll have a tough time making any of the chats during the week because of work.
Old November 1, 2002, 22:42   #2
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 06:15
Good point.
Old November 2, 2002, 11:39   #3
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 04:15
Not 4:00 CST, not 6:00 CST, not 8:00 CST. Ouch.
(I think thats 2200 0000 and 0200 GMT I think)
But 5 CST (2300 GMT?) I think is ok.
Old November 4, 2002, 08:34   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:15
That idea would kinda screw me then.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 4, 2002, 08:36   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I think some of the teams will accomodate the feriners. Hint, hint.
Old November 4, 2002, 14:12   #6
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I can get a lot of things working, but if someone can get a turnchat system working for THIS demo game, then I would be quite impressed.
Old November 4, 2002, 17:01   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
That idea would kinda screw me then.
Oh, MWIA and I need to make our own team then. We can call it the God Awfull Chat Times Team.

lets see, what...
8:00 - 12:00 GMT anyone? ...anyone?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 4, 2002, 17:52   #8
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:15
Doesn't really make a difference to me.
Since I work all hours
Old November 4, 2002, 19:48   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

The team members shoule be able to communicate via emails with eachother. Remember, each team will have 1-2 days to get the save, play ONE turn, then pass it on. The first thousand years will be kinda dull, which is why each team should have one person they respect available to be around one day sometime in the near future to play that first thousand years or so without much support from their teammates. This will require some prep from each team prior to the chat. Then, we get to a designated point (say the start of the first war, or when a team has 10 cities, or a date, such as the first 1000 years, or whatever) we start the normal email chain.

Durring that time, each team will have a week or so (I say each team has 36 hours from receiving the save to email the next in line) to play ONLY ONE TURN. In only one turn, not a lot can occure (unless nukes are involved) so that gives each team sufficient time to talk, make decisions, etc, while still keeping the game moving. Side disscussions can occure regarding trades so that each team can work things out prior to their turns.

Giving 36 hours to each team (and remember, they don't have to use it all, they can simply have a prepared plan, execute it, then pass the save within 10 minutes) allows the people to to communicate new events to members around the globe (ie MWIA in his god awful time zone) and come up with a reasonable responce in a reasonable time. Less time would not allow the teams sufficient time to communicate IMHO, more could be abused to let the game drag on and on and on and on and on and on and on........

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 5, 2002, 20:43   #10
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:15
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
MWIA in his god awful time zone
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOxOh, MWIA and I need to make our own team then. We can call it the God Awfull Chat Times Team
Heheh.

To (possibly) make things easier, in a couple of weeks I am moving three hours West. I'll see what this would do to my availability times.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!