Old November 23, 2000, 11:38   #61
Muad'Dib
Settler

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Sorry guys but work comes first. I had finished half my turn when problems at work arose.

Please, NO MORE ZIP FILES, they're a BIG pain in the ass for me to open or to extract. Just send the save file as is.

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."
Old November 24, 2000, 01:29   #62
kcbob
King

Local Time: 16:50
Hey, Maud'Dib, long time no see.
Of course, you're right. Work does come first. I think we all would have been a little less concerned if we had an update from you. Truly, I was a little worried that everything was okay.

Anyway, since you have popped back up, no problem. To quote one of my favorite singing groups, "Carry On, My Wayward Son".

Any estimated time of completion?

BTW, the group was, naturally, Kansas.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 24, 2000, 04:48   #63
Muad'Dib
Settler

To for completion of what???

My turn has been skipped, so the old file is moot, unless people want to travel back in time.

If you were refering to my job, that part has been handled, for now.

------------------
Old November 24, 2000, 12:35   #64
kcbob
King

Hey, Maud'Dib, glad to hear the job's going well.

I went back over this thread and I can't see where you've been skipped. Do you have Andemagne's file? If so, just crank that baby up. There've only been five turns so far in the first round. (Does this terminology make sense?)

Soooo, have at it. Unless you no longer have the file. Let us know tout'de suite! (Is my spelling correct on that one, Julius?)

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 25, 2000, 06:19   #65
Julius Brenzaida
King

Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 11-24-2000 11:35 AM
( Let us know tout'de suite! (Is my spelling correct on that one, Julius?)

Presque Kcbob ! It’s “tout de suite”

------------------
Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
Old November 25, 2000, 08:28   #66
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

kcbob - If you receive the game, play your turns and forward to SG[1] - I think it comes around to us after you have played.
--------------
SG (2)
Old November 25, 2000, 12:44   #67
kcbob
King

SGs, I have received the game. I'm trying to give Maud'Dib a chance to take his turn. Do you all think I should go ahead anyway and we'll plug him in later?

*Come on Dibber, mush! On you huskies!*

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 25, 2000, 14:39   #68
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

kcbob - I think the best thing is for you to play your turns. Now with any luck Muad'Dib will read this and make it known if he wants it after you. If not - please send to SG[1].
------------
SG (2)
Old November 25, 2000, 21:01   #69
kcbob
King

Okay, I'll press forward with this game. I've left the other one, i.e., the non-ics mge game for him to pick up on in the next couple of days.

Hopefully, I can get this one cranked out in about a day. I've only briefly looked at it. Pray for me!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 26, 2000, 00:34   #70
kcbob
King

Okay, I played 15 turns which took me to 300 AD. I might have played more but I thought I'd better pass it on quickly.

The prose will be finished on Monday. For now, let me say this. Life in the ICS world without the Hanging Gardens is a drag!!! Good luck Scouse. MC is just around the corner.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 26, 2000, 15:39   #71
Julius Brenzaida
King

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 11-25-2000 11:44 AM
SGs, I have received the game. I'm trying to give Maud'Dib a chance to take his turn. Do you all think I should go ahead anyway and we'll plug him in later?
*Come on Dibber, mush! On you huskies!*

Kcbob you are right to have gone ahead. The game has been stopped for something like 2 or 3 weeks. Scouse, Dave, Paul and I all played very swiftly. Andemagne took some more times but excused himself and told us when he could resume. We were not left in the darkness.
No offense intended, as the matter is of almost no importance, but I don’t think Maud’Dib (is it from Dune, I don’t remember ?) acted in the most correct way. Time is not everything but I wish I could finish those two sucession games before I die.
What’s this Huskies stuff all about, though. Do you live in Kansas or Alaska ?

------------------
Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
Old November 27, 2000, 08:56   #72
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 11-26-2000 02:39 PM
What’s this Huskies stuff all about, though. Do you live in Kansas or Alaska ?

LOL.

I live in Kansas. Perhaps "Giddyup" might have been more appropriate?

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old November 27, 2000, 12:03   #73
kcbob
King

Lord have mercy! ICS and no HG!

"There's so little to do and so much time. Wait. Reverse that." -- Willie Wonka

In the beginning, there was a world, a large world, a gigaworld. And then there was ICS. And then there was unrest.

Upon ascending to the throne in 1AD, kcbob, the fearless, first took stock in his position as ruler. He consulted with his counselors and was saddened. Our Foreign minister reported contact with only two civilizations, the Zulus and Persians. Our Attitude advisor reported a need for many entertainers in the cities. Our Trade advisor listed only one city improvement of consequence in the entire nation, one lone library. Praise the Lord for our Science advisor and his good news. The Great Library! May it stand for a thousand years!!! And he had begun researching a belief in one god.

Our seers were consulted and the visions they were given were also disheartening. The Zulus had a Great formidable Wall. Other civilizations, nay, tribes (he said scornfully) were shown to them in vision. A group know as the Kelts, may they be cursed forever, had planted a Garden Hanging over one of their villages. A people called Hellenites had built a Colossus statue in one of their towns. And a race going by the name of Aryans had erected a Lighthouse and enlisted the aide of a traveler known as Marco Polo to further their cause. A pox on all of them. But at least, the seers had good news also, insignificant as it may seem. No people is ahead of us in a race for the heavens, wherever that may lead.

With no choice but to look out for the well being and happiness of our people, kcbob began an extensive program of erecting temples to our gods and caravans to assist in the building of a chapel designed by one of the great artisans of our day, Michaelangelo.

In the meantime, exploration was continued at the far reaches of the known world by our intrepid scouts. Unfortunately, one of them, may he rest in peace, came upon a village inhabited by a warlike tribe of barbarians in the East Farthing. His remains were never found.

The Zulus asked us to declare war on the Persians. We declined to agree to this until the recount was finished.

And in spite of the unhappiness abounding throughout the empire, the call of ICS was too strong to ignore. MacDonald's was founded, against our better judgement, and rightly so… unrest on it's first day of existence.

Our scouts began to locate strange structures housing wondrous surprises. 50 gold coins in the north, scrolls in the west describing how to more easily fiord rivers. In the land of the pheasants to the north, an Oliphant begged for sanctuary and it was granted.

And then, in 160AD, the way of one god, Monotheism was discovered and work on the great chapel begun. It was decided at that time to begin researching a way to build veteran military forces in anticipation of war with our neighbors. We hope to enlist the expertise of a general name Sun Tzu sometime in the future.

A Persian diplomat was found at our doorstep and expelled. They have a look of deceit, those Persians.

Our scouts continued to expand our empire, finding more gold in the west and an advanced tribe in the land of the pheasants to the north. Again, sadly, one of them also met an untimely demise at the hands of a barbaric tribe to the north. Curse all barbarians!!

As our population neared a million, and the diplomatic process was begun in Gaudima, kcbob passed away having never seen the fruition of his dreams, Michaelangelo's Chapel. He was laid to rest in a field near MacDonald's with his faithful dog, Dahli Lama at his side, his last wish being that those that followed might think kindly of him and his effort to bring smiles to the faces of his subjects.

------------------
Frodo lives!
[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited November 27, 2000).]
Old November 27, 2000, 12:08   #74
kcbob
King

Sorry 'bout that.

I hit "Reply with quote" instead of "Edit".

And no, Julius, that was not a clever ploy in the race for King. (Although it doesn't hurt)
Old November 27, 2000, 14:14   #75
Julius Brenzaida
King

If Kcbob was as good a king as he is as a writer, then his reign was truly enlightning.

------------------
Old November 27, 2000, 14:16   #76
Julius Brenzaida
King

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 11-27-2000 11:08 AM
Sorry 'bout that.
I hit "Reply with quote" instead of "Edit".
And no, Julius, that was not a clever ploy in the race for King. (Although it doesn't hurt)

If I would comment on that one, that would be a clever ploy from me. Oups, I just did.
How many do you need to become Prince, King, Emperor and Deity, not that I care much.
But I am curious, it’s human nature I guess.

------------------
Old November 27, 2000, 15:50   #77
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 11-27-2000 01:16 PM
If Kcbob was as good a king as he is as a writer, then his reign was truly enlightning.

Aw, shucks! Thank you.

quote:

If I would comment on that one, that would be a clever ploy from me. Oups, I just did.
How many do you need to become Prince, King, Emperor and Deity, not that I care much.
But I am curious, it’s human nature I guess.

LOL. Clever, Julius.

And as for the requirements for each level, I believe it's as follows:

0-30 Settler
31-100 Warlord
101-1000 Prince
1001-3000 King
3001- 10000 Emperor
10000+ - Deity

I think those are the numbers. I'm around 860 and I'm guessing 1000 is the next level.

If someone has different, accurate number, I'll be glad to post a in response.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 06:07   #78
Muad'Dib
Settler

Hmmm...since last I posted I had two games sent to me at the same time. Due to work those games/turns could not get completed.

I interpreted the posts that my turn was skipped. Unfortunately I never saw Kb's post and went about my daily business. I didn't realize you guys were waiting for me to complete my turn.

Ooops.

Plug me in whenever.

------------------
Old December 1, 2000, 07:30   #79
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

SG(2) should, I believe, complete our turn today - and then can probably plug you back in Muad'Dib - brief summary:
ICS without HG is not fun - particularly when you have to rush Sun Tzu's and start Mike's over again - every new city now starts life with a black pirate face - but the cities must go down!
Sorry about any delay, but I have just returned from a week's sick leave - so have had no chance to keep up.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old December 1, 2000, 08:24   #80
Julius Brenzaida
King

quote:

Originally posted by Muad'Dib on 12-01-2000 05:07 AM
I interpreted the posts that my turn was skipped. Unfortunately I never saw Kb's post and went about my daily business. I didn't realize you guys were waiting for me to complete my turn.

Kcbob waited for your return more patiently than Penelope did for Odysseus. I wonder if he did not even play the turns during the day and erased the saved game during the night.

------------------
Old December 1, 2000, 09:09   #81
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 12-01-2000 07:24 AM
Kcbob waited for your return more patiently than Penelope did for Odysseus. I wonder if he did not even play the turns during the day and erased the saved game during the night.

Julius, I'm shocked you would suggest such a thing.

*note to self... not a bad idea, though*

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 09:11   #82
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 12-01-2000 06:30 AMevery new city now starts life with a black pirate face

Yikes!!! This is not good!! Come on, Maud'Dib, save the day!!!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 12:06   #83
kcbob
King

johnmcd posted a fresh list of the sequence of players in another game's thread. This might be a good idea to do that here. As best I can tell, we now look like this:

Player 1 Scouse Gits - Played
Player 2 Julius - Played
Player 3 DaveV - Played
Player 4 Paul - Played
Player 5 Andemagne - Played
Player 6 kcbob - Played
Player 1 Scouse Gits - In progress
Player 7 Muad'Dib
Player 2 Julius

and from that point on, I would see the sequence being:

1, 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 7, 2... etc.

Kind of looks like an IQ test question, doesn't it?

Does this look okay?

------------------
Frodo lives!
[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited December 01, 2000).]
Old December 1, 2000, 21:11   #84
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Game up to 600AD sent to Muad'Dib.
--------------
SG (2)
Old December 7, 2000, 11:58   #85
DaveV
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 18:50
** bump **
Old December 7, 2000, 14:54   #86
kcbob
King

Thanks, DaveV.

Maud'Dib, are you forging ahead? Any ETC?

Thanks.

Bob

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 11, 2000, 09:24   #87
kcbob
King

This is kind of a *bump*.

I just saw a response from Maud'Dib on another succession game thread stating that he's off work this Tuesday and Wednesday and will have time to catch up on these games then.

I never thought about one aspect of these. If you are playing two or three and they all arrive on your doorstep at the same time for your next turn, that might be a little overwhelming.

------------------
Frodo lives!
[This message has been edited by kcbob (edited December 11, 2000).]
Old December 11, 2000, 10:37   #88
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

kc - dead right - it was - hence the mini-turn on one of the Succession Games ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old December 16, 2000, 18:28   #89
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 00:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Announcement!:
my x-mas holidays stars at 18th of december,
and I'm going to sacrifice my holidays
to real life. my holidays last 2 weeks +,
so don't send me any succession game files
after monday. I'll let you know, when I'm
back in line.
(clarification: I'm still playing the game)

------------------
"Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
Old December 21, 2000, 15:08   #90
kcbob
King

*bump*

Earth to Maud'Dib. Come in Maud'Dib.

At least, I think you have this game right now. Is that correct?

------------------
Frodo lives!