Old November 2, 2002, 10:52   #1
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 13:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Are Civ 3 SAVs compatible?
I'm having a dilemma now... I recently started a Civ 3 game that is progressing in a very interesting way for me, and I'd like to finish the game, but I also want to explore the new stuff in PtW. Question - can I fire PtW up and load the SAV file from original Civ 3 and play the game through?
Old November 2, 2002, 13:09   #2
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 04:16
Yes, you can, or you can also still use your Civ3 CD if desired.
Old November 2, 2002, 13:12   #3
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Yep, I know I can use the Civ 3 CD... so if I load my Civ 3 SAV into PtW, I'll be able to play it with all the new feautures from where I stopped?
Old November 2, 2002, 13:19   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
:Hmmm: Well, I guess you can always try it and see...oh, and let us know if it works or not.
Old November 2, 2002, 13:21   #5
Solver
lifer
Deity

You wish... it's installing now in the background, and I strongly doubt I'll be out of it to tell you something once it's up .
Old November 2, 2002, 13:27   #6
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Touche'
Old November 2, 2002, 14:55   #7
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:16
I did not try all of the features, but I did notice that you have the new scroll tabs if you load a 129f sav with PTS. The science tree has some of the new things in it like radar towers.
Old November 2, 2002, 16:48   #8
Master Marcus
Prince

Local Time: 05:16
...and Hall of Fames?
PTW's Hall of Fame is fresh new and empty. No prob with that since we can still use the original CD to access the old score results. Now if I really want to transfer a couple of memorable scores to this new HoF, is that possible ?
Old November 2, 2002, 16:56   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Re: ...and Hall of Fames?
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Marcus
Now if I really want to transfer a couple of memorable scores to this new HoF, is that possible ?
I really doubt that you can since those memorable scores arn't PTW scores but rather Civ3 scores....
Old November 2, 2002, 19:27   #10
Falconius
Prince

Local Time: 05:16
I tried loading a Civ3 game into PTW, but it gave me an error message. But in this case it was a save from a modded scenario. It couldn't find the .ini files for modded units.

Haven't tried reloading any others. Too busy playing fresh PTW games!