Old November 2, 2002, 20:59   #1
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Hawk Party wants you!
In a recent speech to Hawk Party members and sympathists:

"Recently, two of our brothers set sail for unknown waters, and we must accept their departure with gratitude towards their service. To the Hawk Party, Unorthodox and Duddha stand as the two most active members who stood by their brothers and fought endlessly to see that the great nation of Apolytonia would hear their calls for war, for honor, and dominance of our regions. It is to them that we owe a great gratitude.

In light of this, the Chairmanship of the Hawk Party falls to myself, and I will see to it that our Party does not become weakened. But as I stand before you all here at our glorious capital, I see that our ranks are thinning and our influence subsiding. We are in the midst of a 'changing of the guard' so to speak, and we need new blood.

Just look out over the Persian conquests, or our American territory to the north, or our glorious war of the French, which I believe you can all still hear the cannons roaring. These lands were delivered to us by the Great Banana, who blessed our military with courageous and able commanders who dealt a fierce blow to our enemies. But without the support of the Hawk Party, our nation might even now have suffered from the wrath of other warring nations.

For the good of Apolytonia, for the glory of the Great Banana, our deity, and for the strength of our people, I ask you loyal citizens to come out in support of the Hawks, to join us and to preserve a great part of our heritage.

I wish for my remaining Hawk Party brethren and my countrymen to not be swayed by lackluster political groups seeking influence. Instead, I wish to see their freedoms preserved and their thirst for power quenched. Join us and you will see a new and greater Apolyton. Thank you."

Meshelic turns, and casts one last glance at the crowd. The cheering continues as the roar of the crowd rises towards his balcony. Then, in one swift movement, he turns away.

Old November 2, 2002, 21:07   #2
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 05:17
I highly doubt the Hawk Party wants ME

or do they?
Old November 2, 2002, 22:27   #3
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
I highly doubt the Hawk Party wants ME

or do they?
If you support the charter then you're more than welcome to. C'mon Ninot, you know you love the Hawks...
Old November 3, 2002, 23:30   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

No-one joined the Hawk party the last time you posted a "join" thread...

Why do you think this time will be any different?
Old November 3, 2002, 23:46   #5
Meshelic
King

You dare to mock the chairman? Bad Arnelos
Old November 4, 2002, 01:46   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

pfft!

(it's the second "join" thread where no-one is joining - it's a fair assessment )
Old November 4, 2002, 06:08   #7
Meshelic
King

Ah you and I both know attendence has been super-low lately, so you can't really get far with that statement in my opinion.

This seems to be the last death-throes of the Hawks, once Mighty, now falling. Can you blame me for trying to keep it going?
Old November 4, 2002, 12:00   #8
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Well the hawks were a victim of there philosiphy's success and the opposition's weakness. Its hard to get a party for war going when the war option is not threatened and wins anyway. So blame the DIA, Meshelic . If they had their act together the Hawks would have flourished. Of course this is just an observation of a true centrist on the war/building debate. I will say this, since the game is effectively won, now is a time when a good RP party system could arise, since almost every win option is within our grasp.
Aggie
Old November 4, 2002, 15:06   #9
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 04:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
No-one joined the Hawk party the last time you posted a "join" thread
um... I joined last time.
and, obviously, the ripples of my action have touched all shores
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 4, 2002, 16:56   #10
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

As I see it:

The Hawks should be calling for conquest of the lost civs, starting with Zululand. Next China followed quickly by India and later Japan.
They would also call for Communism towards the end of those conquests.

The DIA should be calling for no more wars and staying Democracy the rest of the game.

Centralist politics would be something like leave the lost civs alone but if nations on our boarders are attacked by a neighboring civ, take advantage of the situation to enlarge our territory quickly. (Particlary in the North [Germany] and NorthEast [England]) Our government would also remain a Democracy.
Old November 4, 2002, 17:40   #11
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 04:17
Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
The Hawks should be calling for conquest of the lost civs, starting with Zululand. Next China followed quickly by India and later Japan.
They would also call for Communism towards the end of those conquests.
I call myself a hawk because I'm always either at war or planning for the next one meticulously... not because I am stupid enough to believe that, given the present state of our navy and armed forces, we could ever consider launching an invasion of continents half way around the world, establish a beachhead, and expect to hold it and still adequately defend the homefront. The logistics of that type of operation are still well beyond us.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 4, 2002, 20:04   #12
Meshelic
King

We should build more ships, load em up with cavalry and send them to Zululand with extreme hostile prejudice.