View Poll Results: Which SP in New Suez?
Keep the Merchant Exchange (8 turns left) 6 28.57%
Switch to the Command Nexus (8 turns left) 14 66.67%
Switch to the Planetary Transit System (19 turns left) 1 4.76%
Write in 0 0%
Xenobanana! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 2, 2002, 21:08   #1
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Which secret project in New Suez?
Two Directors have come to me to request a change in our secret project at New Suez, so i put it before the people! Shall we keep going on the Mercahnt exchange, switch to the Planetary Transit System to accelerate our growth, or in light of the Vendetta pronounced on us by the University - change to the Command Nexus?

Some numbers:
Time to complete ME: 8 turns
Time to complete CN: 8 turns
Time to complete PTS: 19 turns

Vid-screen of our SP data is attached below

And our infiltraion indicates Morgan has 20 turns to go to complete the ME - no dta is known of our other competitors.

And the poll will run for 3 days as usual
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sprojects.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	28345  
Old November 2, 2002, 21:13   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:17
Command Nexus!
Old November 2, 2002, 22:19   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:17
normally, i'd say PTS, but, being at war as we are, i'd go for the command nexus. great to deprive the hive of too. they're scary with it
Old November 2, 2002, 23:01   #4
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 20:17
I like the video for the Merchant Exchange.
Old November 2, 2002, 23:10   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:17
but we don't get to see it. only DBTS does
Old November 2, 2002, 23:32   #6
Kirov
Prince

Local Time: 12:17
New Suez has a great position. It has 2 min bonuses and access to Freshwater Sea. In the future it could be neat place for both production (think of changing these bonus tiles into boreholes), and energy output (nice quantity of Tidal Harnesses on water). That base just cries out to have Supercollider, Theory of Everything, Longevity Vaccine and, last but not least...

...Merchant Exchange!
Old November 3, 2002, 02:05   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Being able to grab the ME would be nice, but the CN is way more important.
Old November 3, 2002, 08:08   #8
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 11:17
GT, I don't agree. Here's why:

As Kirov pointed out, Panama^H^H^H^H^H^H New Suez is ideally located to be our SSC. The ME is the first step on that long-term effort. It can safely trawl energy from all of the freshwater sea that don't fall into coastal city radii - that's gonne be HUGE.

Now, CN is nice, but we don't really need it for this war. Most of the action is going to happen through probes - and our friend Zak sucks on probes anyway. As for the rest - lets recall this isn't Transcend - Zak won't be pumping units out like it was nobody's business.

Yang, finally, is welcome to his CN if we get a SSC going. He can try to match his brainwashed scouts to our shard rovers anyday!
Old November 3, 2002, 18:37   #9
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
As Kirov pointed out, Panama^H^H^H^H^H^H New Suez is ideally located to be our SSC. The ME is the first step on that long-term effort. It can safely trawl energy from all of the freshwater sea that don't fall into coastal city radii - that's gonne be HUGE.
Wouldn't it be more efficient to build bases in it and let them work it, rather than spending masses of minerals on trawlers?

Quote:
Now, CN is nice, but we don't really need it for this war. Most of the action is going to happen through probes - and our friend Zak sucks on probes anyway.
Not if we go ahead with plans to mind control 1 or 2 of his bases - then we will need a morale edge over his troops.

Quote:
As for the rest - lets recall this isn't Transcend - Zak won't be pumping units out like it was nobody's business.
All the better.

Quote:
Yang, finally, is welcome to his CN if we get a SSC going. He can try to match his brainwashed scouts to our shard rovers anyday!
By the time we can get a SSC up and running, with all the necessary SPs and facilities, it probably won't matter if Yang has the CN or not. We'll have our tech lead over him or we won't, regardless of whether we have a SSC or not, and in the meantime the CN will give Yang a significant edge over us or whoever is unfortunate enough to be located on his continent.
Old November 3, 2002, 19:17   #10
dmm1285
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free DronesC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Warlord

I voted for Command Nexus, but belive we could get both by builindg the ME at New Suez as well as using the AA at New Apolyton to hurry the Command Nexus there.

Last edited by dmm1285; November 5, 2002 at 17:03.
Old November 3, 2002, 19:19   #11
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

While we could have deduced the stuff you mentioned about Morgan quite easily, I'm afraid that it does seem to be considered playing ahead, so please edit your post and remove it. The rest of the stuff is fine.
Old November 3, 2002, 19:27   #12
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:17
While I agree with Kirov about the New Suez being a great energy base, io think the CN is more important, the morale bonus is simply too good to ignore so i say.... go CN!

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 3, 2002, 19:59   #13
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

CN cancels out Wealth Penality :=)
Old November 3, 2002, 23:53   #14
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
CN cancels out Wealth Penality :=)
Actually it doesn't, Wealth halves all Morale bonuses in addition to reducing levels by 2.
Old November 4, 2002, 12:19   #15
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

But the CN lessens the overall morale effect of wealth without having to build loads of command centers. The sooner we can effect that SE switch, the sooner we benefit from extra energy, quicker production, and increased goodwill of our nearest neighbor. The complete package of benefits is worth more now than the extra energy afforded by the ME.

And we can always go build the PTS later, since no one else is currently trying. However, we need to get some crawlers ready to hasten its completion it once we complete VW and CN - since others may switch right to it when deprived of these two . . .
Old November 4, 2002, 12:25   #16
Main_Brain
King

until Sea and AirUnits come i wanted to add.
@GT: If you say so. In my Games most Units are in bases which CCreches when im running wealth and those units outside started as prototypes.

Sidenote: is Childrens Creche CC or is Command Center CC ??
Old November 4, 2002, 21:10   #17
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
@GT: If you say so. In my Games most Units are in bases which CCreches when im running wealth and those units outside started as prototypes.
You never mentioned Creches before. They change the whole equation.
Old November 5, 2002, 09:55   #18
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus You never mentioned Creches before. They change the whole equation.
But we definitely need to consider getting some creches in place, seeing how we are Demo/ Planned. TAke advantage of out ability to pop-boom before we go to FM.
Old November 5, 2002, 15:28   #19
Main_Brain
King

Whoopsidaisy :=)
so i see not even the Essential Infrastructure is in Place..
What did you guys do alle the Time
J/K
I alwas thought Planned+Demo is like a ForceToBuildChreches Order :=P

Which one is abbreviated CC now?