Old November 3, 2002, 02:08   #1
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Palace Upgrades
I've come to realize that personal palaces (ie, throne rooms) is NOT in the MP - only in SP games.

So much for all of the earlier hype of comparing our Palaces in MP games...
Old November 3, 2002, 14:35   #2
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:18
Old November 3, 2002, 15:40   #3
Gyromancer
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Prince

All of the functionality is there. The game just doesn't auto open the screen to prompt you to upgrade your palace. All of the other auto-prompts (like the tech choice prompt--grrr...) seem to have been disabled as well. If you want to upgrade your palace just go to the palace screen manually ( I think the F8 key gets you there....)

Of course the palace doen't show to the other players so, there's not much point (unless you are playing someone in the same room and can call them over to rub their noses in your new landsacping.....)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"
Old November 3, 2002, 16:52   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Thanks for the reminder Gyro!

I forgot all about the sort-cut key (and it's F9 by the way). I will have to try it out later - and it does make sense that the notification would be disabled since the city build queue and science advisor pop-ups are also disabled in MP.

I know the Palace improvements isn't all that exciting - but with no Wonder movies or even Wonder spash screens, I need a little something that I can call my "home" - even though no one else will ever see it.
Old November 4, 2002, 01:12   #5
Tassadar500
Emperor

In civ2 you upgraded the inside not the outside . I wonder why they changed it. Sorry for being off topic.
Old November 4, 2002, 05:50   #6
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Local Time: 12:18
Quote:
In civ2 you upgraded the inside not the outside . I wonder why they changed it. Sorry for being off topic.
that's because in civ1 you upgraded the outside, not the inside. We wanted it back the way it oringially was!
Old November 4, 2002, 06:59   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:18
I always thought the throne room sucked a bit compared to the architecture of the palace facade.
Old November 4, 2002, 07:54   #8
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

ya, the trone room didn't gave you any influence on the architecture / style. You just clicked, and it became upgraded. You can create your own style with the palace. In the end, it just doesn't matter anyway.
Old November 4, 2002, 13:24   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Yep, the Palace upgrades work on a MP game....every now and then you have to hit the F9 key to open the palace view. You just don't get a notification when your civilization is ready to build you an addition to your palace.
Old November 7, 2002, 18:00   #10
Druuge
Settler

Local Time: 10:18
Civ I and III palace upgrading IS better than throne room, I agree.
Old November 7, 2002, 19:37   #11
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Does anyone actualy care about pdating a throne room/palace?
Old November 7, 2002, 19:40   #12
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:18
I guess some do. I could live without it, but it's good to know that I can go in and see how generous my people have been to me.
Old November 7, 2002, 19:41   #13
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I do for one...or I never would have started this thread.
Old November 10, 2002, 06:50   #14
phelonius
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Settler

Local Time: 10:18
The first things I disable when I load civ3 yet again are the throne room and the movies. They just get in the way of ONE MORE TURN. (sid's a pusher and I'm just a lowly addict)

Elvis Costello
Old November 10, 2002, 12:01   #15
candybo
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by phelonius
The first things I disable when I load civ3 yet again are the throne room and the movies. They just get in the way of ONE MORE TURN. (sid's a pusher and I'm just a lowly addict)

There's that phrase again. Just ONE MORE, then I'll quit. I promise!! No, REALLY this time. Please no. ARGH Thanks. I feel better