Old November 3, 2002, 20:15   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
An (Inter)national Problem...
Well, it seems that we have quite a few more teams than we have team spots. We have about 6 or 7 teams, while the 3-4 team option seems to e winning. What do you guys suggest we do about this?
Old November 3, 2002, 20:45   #2
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
Have 6 or 7 teams.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 3, 2002, 20:49   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=66108

Old November 3, 2002, 21:01   #4
Cidifer
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

find out how many people are in those teams, eliminate any teams that only have 1 or 2 (maybe 3) players, if fewer then 4 teams have 3 (maybe 4) or more players then give the teams a few more days to attract memeber or get disband and allow new teams to form in an attempt to get more people.
Old November 3, 2002, 21:41   #5
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Mergers.

Uh, Trash Trip's Ass probably shouldn't merge with us, or else we're not gonna get too far.
Old November 3, 2002, 21:41   #6
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

keep the 4 teams with the biggest citizenship so far

disband the rest
Old November 3, 2002, 23:40   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I agree on doing mergers... mergers should be more than possible, especially since # of people per team currently seems to be a bit low.
Old November 4, 2002, 01:16   #8
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 04:20
Didn't the poll say "How many teams should we have?" It's not as if it said, "How many teams must we have?" I agree with Cidifer. If it is so popular that there are enough people to make up more than 4 teams (which would mean at least 20 people), let there be more than 4.

Maybe we need a poll to say what is the maximum number of teams.
Old November 4, 2002, 02:11   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

20? We have hardly that many signed up for all of the teams put together right now...

Perhaps we should just aim for around 4 teams and let the rest take care of itself.
Old November 4, 2002, 02:35   #10
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:20
4 teams. 40 players maximum? Not very open and inclusive if you ask me.

Is there a rule that all teams have to be in the same game? Could the Mean Machine duel with Trip's team while Trip's team was playing 3 other teams in a larger game?

What about intersite games? maybe 2 or 3 of our teams want to get it on with cfc's finest in another game.

Oh boy, this is getting complicated.
Old November 4, 2002, 10:08   #11
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:20
Last I heard, CFC isn't doing a multi-site game at this point. And I don't want them to (that way we will have the forknowledge of how a MP DG works and will destroy them).

Right now, there is a discussion for the minumum number of people per team and 5 is winning. With this info, and the info put out by Arnelos in his team status report, we currently only have 3 official team (a 4th if Asleepatthewheel wakes up and commits). I personally don't care much about how many or what type of teams we have so long as the game is relativly quick so we study what happend.
Old November 4, 2002, 10:22   #12
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

asleepatthewheel did commit to the mean machine (TTA), making us a legit team.
Old November 5, 2002, 01:20   #13
Arnelos
Emperor

yup, we now have 4 legit teams... and I'm going to join the role-play team, which makes my old realpolitik team that much further from legit status...

NYE,

The 10 max is only something that Trip's Team has done... the other teams (as far as I know...) do not have a max on number of players, only a minimum of 5. So we could conceivably have the same 50-60 active players as in the current SG-DG or even far higher (all the better for testing a multi-site game if that happened, but I doubt it).
Old November 5, 2002, 16:56   #14
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:20
10 sounds good IMO;

1.enough people to play reguarly (even if 1 or 2 are missing, things can go ahead)
2. not to much, so things don't stall