View Poll Results: Should we have AI controlled civs?
Yes 20 83.33%
No 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 3, 2002, 20:26   #1
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official Poll: AI Civs?
Should we have AI controlled civs in addition to player-controlled teams? 5 days.
Old November 4, 2002, 03:50   #2
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:20
This poll also appears to be quite definitive. Unless things drastically change, guess I'd better get another poll ready on how many AI civs to include soon.
Old November 4, 2002, 05:54   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:20
Yes and no. Depends game by game, if people catch my drift.

But for the BIG game, with 4 teams, AI would be helpful to minimize the chance of 1 team being sandwiched between two other human civs.

I have set duels on Micro world, Pangaea, 60% water, 2 civs (both human), no AI... and had the two civs start 10 tiles from each other. the game setup mechanics are not tuned for this.

Then again, in another I started on an island big enough for 10 cities. It was quite comical. the guy never found me before the stack of 16 horse showed up next to his first city and... that was all she wrote
Old November 8, 2002, 19:07   #4
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 20:20
My vote: No

My Reason: The AI isn't going to abide by what we decide here. If we agree to not do something, what's stopping the AI from doing it? I think having AI defeats the whole purpose of having rules and internation laws for the game.
The only good side i can see is if a team is being ganged up on, it could at least get the AI on it's side to help.