Old November 4, 2002, 00:30   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:21
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Status of Teams...
--------------------------
ESTABLISHED TEAMS:
---------------------------

TEAM LUX INVICTA
Currently Favored Civ: Ottomons
Leader/Admin: Trip
Members (12):
Trip
punkbass2000
Falconius
BigFurryMonster
CiverDan
Vlad Antlerkov
Apocalypse
Admiral PJ
BlackOut
WarriorPoet
ixnay37
jordie
Perhaps Will Join (2):
ADG
MrWhereItsAt

ROLE-PLAY TEAM
Currently Favored Civ: Carthage, Spain
Leader/Admin: Togas
Members (17):
Togas
GodKing
jdjdjd
adaMada
F-Pro
Arnelos
mrmitchell
DAVOUT
Nuclear Winter
Ninot
ruby_maser
Palisol
oliverfa
Crousto
astrologix
History Guy
Thud
Perhaps Will Join (3):
GeneralTacticus
realpolitic
Aggie

GLORY OF WAR
Currently Favored Civ: Celts
Leader/Admin: ???
Members (10):
donegeal
UnOrthoOdOx
Jdd2007
GhengisFarb
Aro
korn469
UberKruX
Panzer32
=OttomusCeasar=
Ennet
Perhaps Will Join (1):
Aggie

TRASH TRIP'S ASS
Currently Favored Civ: Persia, Korea, Iroqouis, Arabs, etc.
Leader/Admin: notyoueither
Members (13):
notyoueither
OPD
Randoplh
Sir Ralph
asleepatthewheel
alva848
Conqueror
Meshelic
Nuclear Master
FrustratedPoet
chamonix
Velociryx
zeit

BUILDERS' TEAM
Favored Civ: Persia, Egypt, Carthage
Leader/Admin: Jack_www
Members (5):
Jack_www
Odin
ZargonX
Redstar1
Spiffor

---------------------------

EDIT: Righteous team removed (at Ninot's request)
EDIT: ruby_maser, not ruby_master, added alva848 and asleepatthewheel to TTA, added Admiral PJ to Trip's Team
EDIT: Arnelos added to role-play team, 3 people (korn469, UberKruX, and Panzer32) added to Glory of War
EDIT: Added Nuclear Winter and Niniot to role-play team, added MrWhereItsAt and DAVOUT to thinking about joining role-play team
EDIT: Added a whole bunch of people to every single team, including the Builders' Team (which now meets the 5-member minimum)
EDIT: 3 added to TTA, 4 added to Role-play, Ennet added to Glory of War, Builder Team's civ wish list altered
EDIT: Thud added to Role-Play team, Aggie added to perhaps will join Role-Play or Glory of War, civ wish lists altered for Role-Play Team and Builders' Team, Trip's Team re-named Team Lux Invicta
EDIT: jordie added to Team Lux Invicta, Glory of War decided on Celts, Role-Play team decided on Carthage (Spain as back-up), Team Lux Invicta leaning heavily toward the Ottomons, updates on leanings of the other two teams
EDIT: Each team entry now has an entry for "Leader/Admin" due to MarkG's request that every team have a stable leader able to serve as an Admin before he'll create their Civ Group or give them their private forum.

Last edited by Arnelos; November 11, 2002 at 07:01.
Old November 4, 2002, 00:33   #2
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Please remove Righteous civ

and please add me as a potential member for the Roleplay civ
Old November 4, 2002, 00:54   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Obviously, we need to merge some of the people into the 3-4 teams we seem to agree should exist by the vote.

However, we also need either 5 or 10 people minimum per team... if 10 is the standard, there are some teams which currently look strong that may not make it that far (to a full 10). Given TOTAL interest in joining ANY team thusfar, I would suggest that we make the minimum per team 5 for now (more people are going to join later anyhow).

So...

Trip's team is in for sure
the Role-play team is in for sure
the Glory of War team is in for sure

the Righteous and Builder ideas aren't exactly selling like hotcakes...

the "Trash Trip's Ass" team has the problem that while trashing trip's ass may be a valuable goal, it's apparently not wildly popular

the "realpolitik" team has the problem of half its members (including the founder, me ) say they'd be perfectly happy in the role-play team.

Let's say, for a moment, that we go with the following four teams:

1. Trip's Team
2. Trash Trip's Ass
3. Role-play Team
4. Glory of War

Given that, here are some problems...

1. Trip's team is maxed at 10, which means additional memberships will be pushed toward the other 3 teams... the trash trip's ass team doesn't have much going for it at the moment other than its stated raison d'etat (I know I messed up that word somehow... )... and the warmonger team is really only tempted to committed warmongers...

So everyone's just joining the role-playing team... not that this is necessary BAD, as the role-playing team I'm sure will be happy to have lots of people to role-play with. It's just we should consider whether we really want over half of the total # of players to be on only 1 of the 4 teams... (as this could quite possibly happen with the above set-up).

Perhaps if "Trash Trip's Ass" would establish something of an additional theme to attract more people, then at least additional joiners who AREN'T warmongers might go to Trash Trip's Ass as often as to the role-playing team. It's also possible that the "righteous", "realpolitik", or "builder" teams could suddenly take off and replace "Trash Trip's Ass" as one of the 4 main teams...

Just some food for thought, folks...
Old November 4, 2002, 00:59   #4
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

well TTA is my other option

im torn

i want to roleplay, but TTA looks SOO good
Old November 4, 2002, 02:37   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:21
Hey Ninot.

Ya know ya wanna...
Old November 4, 2002, 02:41   #6
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Ahem...

TTA's reason for being is to win. To be the best. To be clean, and upstanding, but to come home with the silver at the end of the day. Or...

to crush our enemies, drive them before us, and hear the lamentations of their women...

Old November 4, 2002, 02:49   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:21
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
TTA's reason for being is to win.
Whatever.......

Should the need arise, I may raise the membership of my team, if there's enough people. Currently, I just want a small, diverse and efficient team, but if there is a problem with membership, then I'll bump up the max limit.
Old November 4, 2002, 03:33   #8
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

you can mark me as in TTA.

Old November 4, 2002, 03:36   #9
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

P.S., my team actually has 8 members, so please update the list if you would.
Old November 4, 2002, 12:36   #10
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

lets have a spelling contest
arnelos, my name is ruby_maser... not 'master'. Just to clarify as this makes the third time I have seen it like that.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old November 4, 2002, 12:49   #11
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:21
The Glory of war is not just for Warmongers. I, personally, am a builder. I am also the guy who founded the warmonger team just to see what it would be like in a human v human game. And I would guess that over half the members (maybe all) are the same way. We are testers trying to ensure Apolyton's dominace in a Multi-site game.

Ahhh! We now have one sure-fire warmonger among us!
The legendary UberKruX has joined our ranks!
Old November 4, 2002, 15:57   #12
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:21
since TTA doesn't have enough members, but the arguably "best reason to excist" , I'll join you guys.

and there better be silver at the end!!!

hé, is Uber back ?
Old November 4, 2002, 20:24   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Sounds like the TTA and the Glory of War can merge. They basically have the same goal of killing anybody they encounter........

Unless if the TTA wants to become the team that "Will do anything, to anybody, at anytime, to assure a Win" in which case I guess it is something different. Of course I would suggest renaming it and keeping the TTA as a secondary goal.

The way I see the RP team, we will probable gain and loose members throught our time in existance, until we finally win and all others look upon us as the mighty champions that we are.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 4, 2002, 22:08   #14
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

TTA and GoW are not the same thing at all

We stand for an intelligent, sophisticated approche, but in a gentleman like fashion, where wits and humor will prevail, unlike those barbaric fools!!

btw: strange there isn't Vulcan kind of team, you kwow, the logical way. This would be interesting concept IMO (actually playing like an AI that is 10 or 20 years away)

I allways though geeks were very much into this trekkies thing
Old November 4, 2002, 22:14   #15
notyoueither
Deity

Yay, alva. Welcome aboard!

And you are correct BTW, My approach to civ is to do what the situation dictates to be the best course of action for triumph in the end.

If that is war, which it frequently is against an AI, then do it quick and lethal. Building has a place too, though.
Old November 5, 2002, 01:29   #16
Falconius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
The legendary UberKruX has joined our ranks!
Why don't I see him in the list?
Old November 5, 2002, 01:42   #17
Arnelos
Emperor

He's been added. As for me, I've now joined the Role-play team.
Old November 6, 2002, 07:59   #18
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:21
Arnelos could you add me to the Trash Trip's Ass team? No offense Trip, the TTA team needed some members and I liked the lineup.

The roleplay team seems to have some really great ideas, as well as a rather large population. I really like the idea behind that team, Togas is always full of bright ideas.

As for the TTA team, although trashing Trip's ass seems to be one of the motivating factors for the formation of the team originally, I am inclined to think we shall be more aggressive/moderate. Probably not as aggressive outright as the Glory of War team, but more subtle and mysterious....

Wish I had figured out the $mini-game though....
Old November 6, 2002, 09:11   #19
alva
Deity

alot of teams here (add the that idn't make it), resemble the factions from alpha centauri quite alot

(not that I played AC much)
Old November 6, 2002, 10:14   #20
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I don't have PTW yet... Are there AIs in MPgames, or are there only human players ?
thx
Old November 6, 2002, 10:36   #21
alva
Deity

@ spiffor:

you can have AI in mp games.

8 max:
8humans,
8 AI,(in debug mode ?)
4 Ai and 4humans, etc.
But no more then 8 players in total
Old November 6, 2002, 10:39   #22
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

thx alva
Old November 6, 2002, 22:42   #23
Arnelos
Emperor

Spiffor,

Both.
Old November 6, 2002, 23:30   #24
Arnelos
Emperor

Just updated this.

*bump*
Old November 7, 2002, 21:51   #25
Arnelos
Emperor

Updated again.

TEAM TOTALS:

Role-Play Team: 16
Trash Trip's Ass: 13
Trip's Team: 11
Glory of War: 10
Builders: 5

CIV WISH-LISTS:

Role-Play Team: Carthage, Celts, Ottomons, Spain
Trash Trip's Ass: ???
Trip's Team: Ottomons, ?
Glory of War: Celts, ?
Builders: Greeks, Ottomons, Carthage
Old November 8, 2002, 06:12   #26
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:21
Ha Arnelos and you said we (the TTA) may not be popular enough.
Old November 8, 2002, 11:32   #27
Jon Shafer

Just in case you missed it 'Trip's Team' was renamed Lux Invicta.
Old November 8, 2002, 14:27   #28
Arnelos
Emperor

I saw it... that'll make the next update. Thanks.
Old November 9, 2002, 00:40   #29
Arnelos
Emperor

Just updated again.
Old November 11, 2002, 04:04   #30
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

bump for my evil purposes