Old November 4, 2002, 17:32   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 05:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Editor and so on questions
Okay, is there a feature that allows you to edit the retirement year? 2050 doesn't work for me if not, is there a hack for it yet or does the old hacks work for PTW saves as well?

If i want to create units with graphics for PTW...do i put them in the PTW unit directory or the normal Civ3 unit one? does it matter? just wondering as i use unique graphics for my unique civ created and use, lol

Can i not add another civ, or did the new PTW ones maxed out how many civs you can have available? i into creating my own unique civ, lol

is there any free software i download from the internet that will allow me to view the flics? what is the name of it and possibly where i can download it from?

-Mellian
Old November 4, 2002, 19:44   #2
Minuteman
Warlord

Local Time: 10:23
Re: Editor and so on questions
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Okay, is there a feature that allows you to edit the retirement year? 2050 doesn't work for me if not, is there a hack for it yet or does the old hacks work for PTW saves as well?
No, I haven't spotted any new feature that would allow you to alter the end-year. There was/is a utility, the TCG or something, that enabled players to do this with Civ3, but I don't think it's PTW compliant yet.

Quote:
If i want to create units with graphics for PTW...do i put them in the PTW unit directory or the normal Civ3 unit one? does it matter? just wondering as i use unique graphics for my unique civ created and use, lol
I continue to place new units in the appropriate Civ3 folder and they work fine. However, you have to remember that with PTW, you have to add the appropriate references to your custom units in the Pediaicons txt, otherwise they won't work.

Quote:
Can i not add another civ, or did the new PTW ones maxed out how many civs you can have available? i into creating my own unique civ, lol
The limit is 32 civs (I think). So there's still room eight more.

Quote:
is there any free software i download from the internet that will allow me to view the flics? what is the name of it and possibly where i can download it from?
I'm sure there are. Try asking this question in the creation forum. That's where all the Flic freaks congregate.
Old November 4, 2002, 20:25   #3
WarpStorm
King

Re: Editor and so on questions
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
The editor now allows for games to go up to 1000 turns (a standard game only goes for 540 turns). This would be for a custom mod.

Quote:
It's called Flicster and you can get it on this site (I think, I'm not an animation guy).
Old November 4, 2002, 20:37   #4
Minuteman
Warlord

Local Time: 10:23
Re: Re: Editor and so on questions
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm

The editor now allows for games to go up to 1000 turns (a standard game only goes for 540 turns). This would be for a custom mod.
Hey, you're right! What year would the 1,000th turn occur in? I tried to do the math in my head, but just gave myself a nasty headache for the trouble.
Old November 4, 2002, 21:27   #5
Mellian
Queen

I don't really care about the civepedia and icons, so i get the comp to use the same ones as of another unit/building already in the game. ...which i hope it doesn't cause problems with PTW, lol

-Mellian
Old November 4, 2002, 22:19   #6
Mellian
Queen

PTW is a pain to add units....

-Mellian