Old November 5, 2002, 11:39   #31
georges bonbon
Warlord

Local Time: 10:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Civ II Mp
Got it, but in my humble opinion, the AI of Civ III is better.

So, anything better?
Old November 5, 2002, 11:40   #32
georges bonbon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba

Alpha Centauri.

So, anything better?
Old November 5, 2002, 13:51   #33
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:24
Lets not forget that CivII did not have MP when it came out either.
Old November 5, 2002, 14:22   #34
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 12:24
Good point, vmxa1! I'm happy to see that the forum at least has gotten rid of most of the "whining"(my definition: critizism that is repeated again and again, with often harsh words in.), and that we now at least can get a good atmosphere in our forums.

I'm not sure if I would call myself "fanboy", it sounds negative in my ears, for some reason, but I do like the game, and see the positive in "everything", something that I hope doesn't seem too biased for other forum members. I can see that it can be just as irritating for other if it's pointed out in every post, as when the opposite is repeated.

One game that is at least as good as Civ 3, IMHO, is Europa Universalis 2, georges. I have played that so much that I guess it'll soon pass my total playing time with all the civ games. That isn't a direct oppnent for Civ3, though, since it's a game that are more real-time. It has an pause button, that it's wisely to use often. Try it! (I hope I didn't preach blasphemy there? )
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old November 5, 2002, 19:30   #35
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:24
Alpha Centauri is great. PTW single player is great and I have faith that they will come through with good MP too.

Sell your photos
Old November 5, 2002, 19:36   #36
[FX]Roman
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
Alpha Centauri is great. PTW single player is great and I have faith that they will come through with good MP too.
Wow, your one faithful guy, arntchya, skippy? How could you still have any faith in them at all. I think someone is either fanatical, or a drone... Perhpas, a finatical drone... Hmm.

Old November 5, 2002, 19:44   #37
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by [FX]Roman

Wow, your one faithful guy, arntchya, skippy? How could you still have any faith in them at all. I think someone is either fanatical, or a drone... Perhpas, a finatical drone... Hmm.

It's fairly easy to have faith in a company that has fixwd their previous games.

Fanatical goes both ways however.........

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 5, 2002, 19:55   #38
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by georges bonbon

So, anything better?
Modded CTP 2.
Old November 5, 2002, 20:02   #39
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:

How many patches did they release for Civ3? Doesn't this engender at least a small measure of faith that they will do the same thing for this game?

Why do you resort to personal attacks to try to get your point across?
Old November 5, 2002, 21:29   #40
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:

I would say that the people at Firaxis do more than any other company to make sure their fans are happy. At least they do more than companies of other games I own. They visit the forums, they create many patches, and best of all they have created a great editor for the game. Sure, we all poke fun at them from time to time and get frustrated but Civ 3 is by far my favorite game and now PTW is my favorite game. I am very faithful because I believe that they will continue to improve the editor and the game as a whole. Great MP is coming .....

Sell your photos
Old November 6, 2002, 04:51   #41
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:

Speaking of drones, are you done yet? You have been droning along for a bit now.

Here's a hint Sparky, take it back and move on.

Oh, that's right, you would have had to pay for it first, right?
Old November 6, 2002, 11:58   #42
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 13:24
Basically, of all the civ games out now, only Civ 3 is really an option in single player. In Civ 2, CtP and SMAC most (I guess like 95%) players can do whatever they want at the highest level, not taking the AIs into account. Modded CtP 2 is better a tad, but it's still not that clever. That AI is good enough to pose some challenge (you won't attack Pikemen with Tanks), but it's unable to do some things to make you run for your life.

Civ 3, then, not even everyone can beat Emperor, and the bulk of players are on Monarch...
Old November 6, 2002, 16:26   #43
statusperfect
King

Yo! Love, peace and understanding between the civvers.
Old November 7, 2002, 05:01   #44
georges bonbon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Modded CTP 2.
Got it. Don't like it, sorry
Old November 7, 2002, 05:07   #45
georges bonbon
Warlord

[/QUOTE] One game that is at least as good as Civ 3, IMHO, is Europa Universalis 2, georges. [/QUOTE]

I was thinking about it, but as far as I know it is plays only in the late middle ages or renaissance.

And that is, for me, a lapse in the game compared to the 6000 years of gameplay in CIV.

Is there any other support for Europe Universalis?
Old November 7, 2002, 05:35   #46
Nikolai
Deity

It plays from 1419 to 1819, and it is an awesome experience.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Old November 11, 2002, 20:42   #47
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai
It plays from 1419 to 1819, and it is an awesome experience.
At times it was pretty awesome, but the majority of the time was spent waiting, not worth the money to me.....

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old November 13, 2002, 12:18   #48
Nikolai
Deity

Loser!