Old November 5, 2002, 08:29   #1
Husinho
Settler

Local Time: 10:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Installation and use of Mods and packs
Dear friends,

I am using a german version of CTP II and I have downloaded and unzipped some mods like city expansion v2.0, goodmod, diplomod, natural wonders, visible wonders modand the apolyton pack v2.0., modswapper and activision patch v1.1.
Unfortunetly, I do not get to work these mods also I have read the readme to all of them. What can be the problem or how can this be solved so I can use these mods and packs?
thanks a lot for your help!

husinho
Old November 5, 2002, 08:47   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:25
It's probably a language compatability thing. You need to take all the files from the "english/gamedata" folder, and paste them into the "german/gamedata" folder. That should sort it.
Old November 5, 2002, 15:58   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:25
If you play GoodMod for ApolytonPack then you shouldn't have a problem with the language incompartibility. So what could be gone wrong would be that all the files went into the wrong directory. It would be useful if you could reprot some error messages and what mods does show ModSwapper.

-Martin
Old November 6, 2002, 17:48   #4
Husinho
Settler

Local Time: 10:25
Martin,

I think that i have installed the basics for the mods like modswapper, apolyton pack and the CTP II patch to some wrong directory. Might sound stupid but none of the install and use instructions of the readmees does work for me. As you suggested to open modswapper, I did so and it only showed the original CTP II game.
Could you explain briefly what steps I will have to take to install these thinks and how to use them!?
Would be great if you could help me with that.

Husinho
Old November 6, 2002, 18:20   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Husinho
Martin,

I think that i have installed the basics for the mods like modswapper, apolyton pack and the CTP II patch to some wrong directory. Might sound stupid but none of the install and use instructions of the readmees does work for me. As you suggested to open modswapper, I did so and it only showed the original CTP II game.
Could you explain briefly what steps I will have to take to install these thinks and how to use them!?
Would be great if you could help me with that.

Husinho
OK I try it briefly:

Use the search option of Windows Explore to find a file called gamefile.txt. That should be found in a subfolder structure like this:

..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\

Now search for all files on your computer that ends with *gamefile.txt use the wild card (*) in front of the gamfile.txt suffix. So just enter into the search box *gamefile.txt. Now you will find some other gamefile.txt's for example one called APOL_gamefile.txt, this file will also lie in a subfolder structure like:

..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\

Probably for each gamefile.txt you find you have an own subfolder structer. The first subfolder structure I discribed is the correct one so every file in the other substructures must be in the according directory of the correct substructure. To achieve this you can move the folder \ctp2_data\ from the wrong folder to the correct default CTP2 directory, so that it will ask you to overwrite the correct folder with all the subfolders, of course only files that are in both folders will be overwritten, the other ones will just be added to the correct folder, so reapeat this with all substructures and you should be fine.

The other sollution would be to unzip the *zip files again and make shure this time that the content of the *.zip files go into the right directory. This can be achieved with drag and drop, drag the *zip file over the target directory with the right click and when you drop a context menue is opened and you can select one of the options.

-Martin
Old December 9, 2002, 23:56   #6
mnbryan37
Warlord

Local Time: 04:25
I am re-installing all downloaded files, as I was experiencing a number of crashes in the Cradle and Medieval Mods. I installed the main program, then the Activision Patch and the Modswapper. All worked fine in a brief startup game. I set "Debugslic" =no, and then installed the Appolyton Pack. When I select "CTP2, the way it should be played" from the two Modswapper choices, the program crashes and I get a bunch of SLIC error messages. This also happened the first time I installed the Apolyton Pack, but I can't remember what I did to correct it.